How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-04-2011
V.I.P.

What???????!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by agee; 18-04-2011 at 06:33 PM.

18-04-2011
backstage pass

Whoaaaaaaa Ford's bringin' in the girlz.

18-04-2011
fashion icon

Woah!

18-04-2011
front row

Ford poached Cat and Maryna in one week. WOW. I wonder what Paul is offering these girls. I still think Karmen is their biggest gain though; even though she's established I don't think her career has peaked and she still has a tonne of growth potential.

18-04-2011
V.I.P.

Curious about Maryna. Her career is really going well now, hopefully the move won't stall it.

18-04-2011
backstage pass

It is a little curious, but on the other hand, I've always thought she would be bigger than she is and landed more A+ campaigns in her career than she has. Maybe PR has promised her an upgrade to more high fashion jobs.
In any case, I'd like to see Ford focus some attention to developing some new faces now. It's been one year since PR and his team landed at Ford and while they have done a major job at poaching top girls from other agencies, they have yet to develop a girl from scratch into an editorial/campaign star on their own. If they really want to challenge Women and IMG as the best agency in NYC, that's their next step.

18-04-2011
fashion insider

The moment I saw Maryna's name, I thought "Ford's doing the poaching thing!"
I still find "poaching" to be a rather amusing term. Eggs, anyone?

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

Is Maryna really going to be managed by Paul Rowland, he seems to favor girls with an edgier look than Maryna? Hey, if he can get her *** back out on the runway, then he'd be cool with me. :p

I don't know what to make of the switch, did her booker leave? Did her mother agency make a new alliance? I am not all that bothered that she left DNA because although I think that she is doing quite well as a model, at least financially, her being at DNA seemed to be more about maintenance than taking her to the next level, but I don't know if that was her agent or Maryna herself. However Maryna does seem ambitious, although I don't think that her ambitions lie heavily in the areas favored by tFSers.

The intriguing thing to me is that Anna Maria Jagodzinska is at Ford, and Anna J is the model whose bookings I looked at and thought that Maryna would be a good fit for those type of bookings, although I don't recall if those bookings came when she was with Ford or Next. Of course I don't want to see Maryna stop doing high fashion stuff, but I would not mind seeing her doing mainstream stuff like Sports Illustrated and eds with male models / male celebs in GQ, Vogue US, Esquire, L'Uomo Vogue and the like.

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

im completelty confused by Maryna's switch of all DNA girls she seemed most loyal to her agent then again you can never be too sure when money is involved. I never saw this coming, but the only thing i see coming from this is more editorial work.

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

I have a feeling that Maryna might regret this move in a year.

19-04-2011
fashion icon

I thought she wanted to be at IMG at one point. I find this weird since she's managed to book Dolce and Gabbana twice in a row while she's been at DNA, and she's one model who manages to book at least one decent campaign each season even if it is GAP. I don't know if Ford can make her a household name the way IMG has done with Chanel and Candice. All the designers, photographer and stylists know her already, and I don't know if Ford can relaunch her at this point.

19-04-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Is Maryna really going to be managed by Paul Rowland, he seems to favor girls with an edgier look than Maryna?
Paul is not alone at Ford and they have a team of bookers etc. Which means it's not only about Paul's tastes for 'edgy' girls (if this is still relevant for him today). If you check Ford's roster from A to Z, it's clear it's not all about these edgy girls and Anna J and others are good examples.

By the way I agree with the fact it's Ford's ability to build careers for new models that really matters, not if they get more or less established models from others by any kind of ways (I'm OK with this tbh). I have no predictions to do on Maryna's career or Ford's potential to let emerge some brand new face and develop her into a model with an actual worthy status... just watching right now.

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

i wouldn't worry about the girls at Ford.
it's not like it was 6 years ago...
it's revamped in a positive way.

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

It would really be horrible if she became a VS model as well
because that would be a contract DNA should have gotten with her (seeing as how they put her on the map commercially)
although FORD doesnt seem like the sexy girl type of agency at all, being
that it has the Supreme girls...what is FORD doing over there that makes these girls want to run to them

19-04-2011
windowshopping

Word has it that Dna is bringing litigation as she had a valid mgmt agreement...there is more to come, Dna are very litigious …

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching