How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-04-2011
front row

Jessica white has been with all the agencies in ny....feel sorry for her sometimes.

25-04-2011
rising star

Thanks for sharing didn't know One opened up what seems to be like a direct board. Pretty website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelfanamber View Post
Some "not such a big deal" switches...

Daniela Pestova: Women Direct NY ---> Trump NY
Mariya Markina: Supreme NY ---> Muse NY

And, I noticed that ONE NY has opened a spin-off agency called One.1

http://one.1management.com/

Some catalog type models are repped there, such as...
Sydonie Herrera moving from Wilhelmina
Cristina Tosio moving from Marilyn
Leilani Bishop moving from IMG
Vanessa di Assis moving from Ford (I think)
also, Teresa Lourenco...I think she was at Trump at some point

Most of the other girls I don't recognize

26-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
Some interesting news concerning Elite New Yorks & IMG Model's booking workforce.

(Source is Wayne Sterling)
Kate King - Elite NY >>> Ford NY

26-04-2011
V.I.P.

Is Ford monopolizing itself?

26-04-2011
backstage pass

Is this the result of one of those Elite bookers leaving and joining Ford?

29-04-2011
V.I.P.

From Reuters
via TREVOFASHIONISTO in Maryna Linchuk's thread

Quote:
NEW YORK, April 28 (Reuters) - Two agencies are staking a claim to high-fashion model Maryna Linchuk, and now the fight over her contract has gone to court.

DNA Model Management is suing Ford Models, one of its main competitors, for allegedly luring Linchuk away and damaging DNA's reputation.

DNA accuses Ford of tortuous interference with contract and unfair competition. It seeks at least $2 million in damages, according to the complaint filed Wednesday in New York Supreme Court. The lawsuit also accuses the model of breaching her contract with DNA.

Linchuk, who has appeared on the covers of Portuguese and Italian Vogue, signed an exclusive management agreement in 2006, the complaint says. Since then it says DNA has advanced "significant sums of money to Linchuk and on her behalf."

"From February 2006 to the present, DNA has invested heavily in promoting, marketing and managing Linchuk's career and professional image, preparing her for and helping her choose modeling assignments, shoots, etc.," the lawsuit says. "As a direct result of DNA's efforts, Linchuk has become a successful and sought after model."

She signed on for another two years in 2008, but on April 15 of this year, she sent DNA an e-mail saying she was thinking of leaving. Immediately thereafter, DNA received an e-mail from a representative of Ford following up on the model's request that DNA pass any bookings or options to him.

"Ford through its representatives solicited and induced Linchuk to break her contract with DNA," the lawsuit says. "But for said actions, Linchuk would have not breached her contract with DNA."

The damage goes beyond the broken pact with Linchuk, according to DNA. "Ford continues to contact DNA's business clients and contacts, advising of Linchuk's alleged dissatisfaction with DNA, damaging DNA's business reputation within the modeling community," the lawsuit says.

The case is DNA Model Management v. Ford Models and Maryna Linchuk, New York Supreme Court, No. 651113/2011.

For DNA: Russell Shanks of Cyruli Shanks Hart & Zizmor.

For Ford: Not immediately available. (Reporting by Jennifer Golson; Editing by Howard Goller)

29-04-2011
backstage pass

DNA is fully right, and if if all agencies would legally fight for the respect of the contracts, wild poaching would for sure slow down.
Unfortunately court cost a lot and last very long, so many agencies prefer to give up quickly instead of going for full procedure, or simply the cost is too high...

You have also to notice the naivety of the girls, like if ANY job in the world, you can just resign from work contract involving millions in sending an email and not dealing any compensation...

29-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ But according to the article, she signed a two year contract in 2008 and it is now 2011, so did she even have a contract with DNA? If not, it seems like DNA's only legitimate beef is that Ford is soliciting her clients and they are talking badly about DNA as part of their sales pitch.

29-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
^ But according to the article, she signed a two year contract in 2008 and it is now 2011, so did she even have a contract with DNA? If not, it seems like DNA's only legitimate beef is that Ford is soliciting her clients and they are talking badly about DNA as part of their sales pitch.
i m very much in doubt that DNA would have still representing her without contract.
Most if not all model contract are automatically renew at their end for the same length of the original contract, except of course if of the 2 parts stop it, but there are of course many details in every contract about the way to stop it.
so i guess DNA had right on her until 2012.

29-04-2011
V.I.P.

it doesnt seem as though Ford is at fault but who knows

29-04-2011
rising star

if i a model wants to leave, as an agent, i would want them to go too. a agent and model relationship has to be meutual if it will have success. you cannot have one side happy and the other not happy. DNA should let her go. its sad to be in court and bad for the image. not gracioius

29-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunviktim View Post
if i a model wants to leave, as an agent, i would want them to go too. a agent and model relationship has to be meutual if it will have success. (
Are you serious?
do you know how much money it cost to an agency to develop girls, and on how many girls they never recover the money.
So if in agencies the girls who work and bring money could decide to leave "just like that", it would be just impossible to keep any agency afloat financially speaking...

Do you imagine a top basket ball player from the lakers to send an email to his team telling he is fed up to play with them, and the week after to play for the bulls?
so why modeling would be the only business where contract is considered like nothing?

29-04-2011
V.I.P.

If her contract was breached, then Maryna and Ford will have to compensate DNA, but if she has had a contract with them since 2006 then they have recouped their big investment in her. She may owe them for expenses that were incurred on her behalf, but in her case, the "investment" part and her contribution to DNA'a overhead, which includes subsidizing expenses incurred on behalf of models who never became moneymakers, should have been recouped by now and then some.

Last edited by agee; 29-04-2011 at 11:21 AM.

29-04-2011
rising star

i guess that it my point. same as agee. she has been with them a long time and they have done what they can do with her. if she wants to leave and try to go to another place or level, she should be able to. pay the money to dna, but they should be gracious.

29-04-2011
fashion insider

Any news on the Elite girls?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching