How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-05-2011
V.I.P.

As mentioned a few pages back, two people from Elite NY left for Ford. Doll Wright did development at Elite and previously worked at Priscillas in Australia I believe, so a few more of Priscillas' Elite girls may move... Julia ?? According to cologne rocks' post a few pages back.... Richard Habberly (who also moved to Ford) represented some of the high profile girls at Elite (elite +).

06-05-2011
V.I.P.

Does anybody know where Aymeline Valade is represented by in London since she's not with FM anymore?

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 06-05-2011 at 06:03 PM.

06-05-2011
starving hysterical naked

^ Yes she's with Select

06-05-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamhutt View Post
As mentioned a few pages back, two people from Elite NY left for Ford. Doll Wright did development at Elite and previously worked at Priscillas in Australia I believe, so a few more of Priscillas' Elite girls may move... Julia ?? According to cologne rocks' post a few pages back.... Richard Habberly (who also moved to Ford) represented some of the high profile girls at Elite (elite +).
Yep, read that a few posts back, thanks just making a comment about it. You know, with all the other models that have been going there too, before the Elite booker switch; seems like Ford has been pretty popular lately.

06-05-2011
fashion insider

Does that mean we should expect Alessandra to move to Ford? Meh, I wish she would move to an agency that could take her to the next level.

06-05-2011
trendsetter

which one is the best model agency for girls? i mean the one has less drama, lower commission...

and how about male models? should there be some notices for them to pick a agency?

07-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain1914 View Post
which one is the best model agency for girls? i mean the one has less drama, lower commission...
As for the drama.....Silent and One I'd say..... And I always thought that Marilyn does its own thing, too.

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 07-05-2011 at 06:48 AM.

07-05-2011
V.I.P.

Ondria Hardin: Elite -> Ford NY

07-05-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
As for the drama.....Silent and One I'd say..... And I always thought that Marilyn does its own thing, too.
Interesting question and even more interesting you named One here. It's pretty true things are quiet for them these days but makes me remember a few seasons ago they were the heart of some similar drama. So who seems in trouble one day can become a peaceful haven the next day and so on. Women seems also quite quiet nowadays (and wasn't a few times ago). As for Silent it's a bit too early to say anything. Kinda agree Marilyn hasn't been at the centre of much drama lately.
But as the example of One shows it (or Elite's in the other way round) nothing is ever clearly predictable and the least I can say is that we're not at the end of our surprises in NY...

07-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain1914 View Post
and how about male models? should there be some notices for them to pick a agency?
From what I see, Wilhelmina, Ford and even DNA.

07-05-2011
backstage pass

Really, no one should be surprised at what is going on at Ford. Paul Rowland did exactly the same thing when he was at Women, poaching other agencies' top girls to build up his own business and then developing his own roster. And he was hired away from Supreme exactly to shake things up at Ford not to just keep the status quo. Of course it's much harder and takes much longer to develop a new girl from scratch, so it makes sense for him to go after girls at other agencies.
As for Elite's girls, that's a matter of Habberly leaving Elite, going to Ford and bringing along his girls.
Is what PR doing underhanded? Yes, but a part of me is also happy to see Ford giving as good as it takes. Other agencies have used Ford as their ad hoc development board for the better part of the past 15 years at least, luring away their stars and breaking girls. So it's good to see Ford on the long end of the stick at last.

07-05-2011
tfs star

They must be promising the girls the moon if they switch to Ford. Honestly cant figure it out? They have failed to launch any new girl to the upper echelons and keep her there, so what is the attraction besides the name? Sheesh. Good insight though @woemwoem.

Last edited by zoom; 07-05-2011 at 06:41 PM.

07-05-2011
backstage pass

The appeal is that PR is one of the top agents in the business and has a long track history of building the careers of some of the top girls in the biz from Kate Moss to Shana to Eva H, Carolyn Murphy and more recently Maria Carla and Iris Strrbruegger. He is a cold-blooded competitor but there is absolutely not doubting his ability to create a star if he really believes in her.

07-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
Interesting question and even more interesting you named One here. It's pretty true things are quiet for them these days but makes me remember a few seasons ago they were the heart of some similar drama. So who seems in trouble one day can become a peaceful haven the next day and so on. Women seems also quite quiet nowadays (and wasn't a few times ago). As for Silent it's a bit too early to say anything. Kinda agree Marilyn hasn't been at the centre of much drama lately.
But as the example of One shows it (or Elite's in the other way round) nothing is ever clearly predictable and the least I can say is that we're not at the end of our surprises in NY...
Oh, I didn't know about the drama at One but yeah they really seem quiet at the moment so "lessons learned", I guess.
But well who knows what happens behind the doors of all those agencies, still waters tend to run deep and the truly interesting stuff does rarely surface of the ground via internet or other rather reliable sources.

07-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
The appeal is that PR is one of the top agents in the business and has a long track history of building the careers of some of the top girls in the biz from Kate Moss to Shana to Eva H, Carolyn Murphy and more recently Maria Carla and Iris Strrbruegger. He is a cold-blooded competitor but there is absolutely not doubting his ability to create a star if he really believes in her.
Yes
Every and any working model who is on the relevance ladder (and with a good brain) knows that Paul Rowland is the creme de la creme of tastemakers in NYC (and London, Paris, Milan). It doesn't matter if it's Ford or Supreme. The association with that crowd is like being part of the "ingroup"...if you know what I mean. Fashion is kind of like high school. I don't think Paul is necessarily "poaching". Everyone I know wanted to be with Supreme and now everyone wants to be with Ford.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching