How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamhutt View Post
Richard Habberly (who also moved to Ford)
Just to clear things up, I've been told this is incorrect ... you'll just have to wait and see

08-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
They must be promising the girls the moon if they switch to Ford. Honestly cant figure it out? They have failed to launch any new girl to the upper echelons and keep her there, so what is the attraction besides the name? .

Like it was said, no wonder why Women is quiet now and Ford the naughty one...it is just that the naughty people at Women are now at Ford, and in their pocket they have the dirty money of their loyal money backer...

so the attraction is easy....when you say to a top girl, "sign here and we give you 300.000$ (or X....$) cash the day you sign, that's the attraction, people who look for explications about agents, name or whatever are a bit naive, in 90% of switch of top girls, it is a just promise of a big cheque of advance who make the girl move...
And to do that, it needs load of cash that only people with almost unlimited funds available can have...
Of course, better for the girls not to think to much about where the money comes from...

08-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ Why are there even people willing to provide agencies pretty large investments trusts despite the fact these agencies (or most of them) do not operate on a profit basis? I don't understand the economical point of all this, for instance, why should I buy share held from a uneconomic stock company and kill the money while there are so many other industrial sectors where I could run an investment to a profit.

08-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
^ Why are there even people willing to provide agencies pretty large investments trusts despite the fact these agencies (or most of them) do not operate on a profit basis? I don't understand the economical point of all this, for instance, why should I buy share held from a uneconomic stock company and kill the money while there are so many other industrial sectors where I could run an investment to a profit.

it is not really the place here to develop deeply, but just few things...
Modeling, even at the highest level, is not something generating much money turnover, compare to many other field.
Even if you take just the entertaining field, an average actress , singer or plenty or sportsman still make much much more money than a supermodel.
Take for example IMG which is a company with many different department, the modeling branch is just very little part of their revenue, even if IMG is rather big in modeling itself...

so for people REALY wealthy, modeling business is not something very expensive to afford, even to have big agency, is for some of them peanuts in their wallet value...

You can also notice that modeling is not the only entertaining business field which attract wealthy people more by "passion" than reason, Motorsport, football,just to mame two also brings some people to spend millions without any chance to have any money back one day.
Modeling can have obviously some attractions on its own for some people...

08-05-2011
fashion insider

Daiane Conterato>Strom London---->??

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

I do know that male models left VNY and are now with Major due to one of their agents switching to Major

09-05-2011
loves Ben :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
I do know that male models left VNY and are now with Major due to one of their agents switching to Major
Ooohhh...do tell!

Which guys are switching?

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelfanamber View Post
Ooohhh...do tell!

Which guys are switching?
well i think a lot of the already switched, I am not sure of the exact ones though

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

Gabrielle Bailey: IMG -> Select London

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Is Maryna really going to be managed by Paul Rowland, he seems to favor girls with an edgier look than Maryna?
I know this is a little late, but it seems that he is managing her

Quote:
When a model of the stature of Maryna Linchuk newly arrives at Ford I have tended to hold fire on the Ford Models Blog in order to allow the model time to properly bed into her new agency. Today, however I am foregoing this unspoken formality to highlight a certain Vogue Россия Май 2011 cover story featuring one of Paul Rowland‘s newest signees photographed by Patrick Demarchelier. Yes, the images have been on the interweb for a minute, but not until late last week did the issue actually reach newsstands in the City. Titled “Дом культуры,” or “house of culture” в Россию, the Ekaterina Mukhina-styled cover story takes a global stroll through the continents by way of contemporary and vintage Dior Couture. This story, however is but a taste of what is surely to come from Maryna Linchuk — count on it as certainly as Cyrillic is confusing to Latin eyes.

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

As I stated previously, if he can get her *** back out on the runway, then he's cool with me, but imma cut a bitch if she shows up with shorn locks and bleached eyebrows. :p I wonder if he manages Anna J or Katsia.

Last edited by agee; 12-05-2011 at 05:53 AM.

12-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
I know this is a little late, but it seems that he is managing her

I dont see in what that text give that info, for me "newest signees" means signed in his structure, in his agency, in Ford...it is a general expression.

Even i'm sure he can help with a call or a meeting sometimes, I truly doubt he is really into managing directly and fully any girl.

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

Uh-Oh.

Julia Nobis: Elite NY -> Ford NY

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

its getting ridiculous. how on earth are they going to manage all of them even a bit equally ? i can already see some of them falling through the net, unfortunately.

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

^I agree about some of them falling through the net but I have to admit that Julia's aesthetics do fit in with Ford. Elite did wonders for her. Let's see what awaits with Ford.

Ford is a major powerhouse. No denying that.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching