How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

What exactly is the Ford aesthetic? Plain yet pretty like Sigrid, strong yet sensual like Karmen, directional yet hardcore-editorial-ish like Hannelore/Delfine, innocent yet utterly beautiful like Julia Saner, seductive like Crystal, cool/boyish like Antonia? I'm getting lost here.

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

I think we all know that some of these girls will be utterly disappointed.

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

^I mentioned Julia's aesthetics though.
I was (mostly) thinking of Ford's new vision under Paul Rowland of unconventional yet interesting beauties. Ford must have however realized that they needed a larger market than such. Not all "interesting girls" have longevity. Thus, what better market than expanding into a mixed board of girls as the ones mentioned and classically beautiful ones. Ergo, Sigrid Agren, Julia Saner, Anna Jagodzinska and Crystal Renn.

This is just my opinion.

12-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax80 View Post
^I mentioned Julia's aesthetics though.
I was (mostly) thinking of Ford's new vision under Paul Rowland of unconventional yet interesting beauties. Ford must have however realized that they needed a larger market than such..

well...they had just a look at the financial disaster that Supreme has always been to understand that

And what it must cost currently to Ford to build that board...i can bet you that in afew years, Rowland will move again to start to make huge debts at another agency...

12-05-2011
backstage pass

Julia Noblis now at Ford.
Before Supreme, Rowland founded Women and built it into what it is now.And before Louie C took over as head, Women with Rowland as its head repped Moss, Carmen Kass, Carolyn Murphy, Chandra North, Eva H, and Elle MacPherson. So it's not like he doesn't know how to manage the classically beautiful girl. Shana Zadrick reputedly had the highest day rates of any model when Rowland was her agent.

Last edited by woemwoem; 12-05-2011 at 06:53 PM.

12-05-2011
fashion elite

I feel like Ford's board is looking similar to what Supreme's was like back in the early Noughties, before Paul Rowland's made it all pretentious, but more impressive.

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

I wonder if the remaining Priscilla girls will follow (Ruby Jean, Emily Wake, Alice Burdeu, Amanda W, Zippora, Annabella B etc)? Or will it just be girls at Elite+ following Doll?

13-05-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
I wonder if the remaining Priscilla girls will follow (Ruby Jean, Emily Wake, Alice Burdeu, Amanda W, Zippora, Annabella B etc)? Or will it just be girls at Elite+ following Doll?
well not sure about all of them but i believe at least ruby jean will go to ford, maybe emily wake...

15-05-2011
V.I.P.

Georgiana Saraev: Elite -> Viva Paris

15-05-2011
V.I.P.

Well, not worldshaking, but:

Aiste-Regina Kliveckaite: Muse NY (?) -> Wilhelmina NY

16-05-2011
tfs star

Interesting tweet from thehisssquad:

"Methinks Mr Habberly is working it for his girls right this min. Is private mgmt for a super-select half dozen girls the future? I ponder."

I'm guessing Richard is just booking his girls jobs directly, this doesn't ever really work out for models, does it?

16-05-2011
backstage pass

I think Aline Souliers or whatever her name is tried to take this approach with Noot Sears a while back and in the end she placed Noot with DNA so it didn't seem to work in that instance. In the end you really need the support of an infrastructure a proper agency gives you. It's no longer like it was when Eileen and Jerry Ford could handle the bookings all by the two of themselves, taking assignments over one telephone and just telling a girl where to go.

16-05-2011
V.I.P.

What kind of infrastructure is needed in 2011 beyond a computer with internet access, a (figurative) Rolodex, a phone and a sound reputation?

Last edited by agee; 16-05-2011 at 07:56 PM.

16-05-2011
backstage pass

^^What about other people? Can one person negotiate contracts, shmooze the movers and shakers of the industry, book assignments, help build and maintain a girl's book, keep track of invoices, handle all the demands of photographers, editors, designers, and the models themselves? Or maintain relationships with other agencies in other markets, keep track of new girls that agencies elsewhere are looking to place in NY?

16-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ It depends on the size of the board, it it is 100 models then no, if it is ten or less then yes.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching