How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash92 View Post
I. I read from Kamila F's thread that most of the models that have families to support back home actually value runway jobs more because the wage is more direct, and they could bring the money back home much quickly. This is compared to editorials where they have to wait for the magazines to advance the money to agencies and that could take a long time. So, I guess a lot of the models have a short-term approach to modeling,
Money is unfortunately not particularly more quick to arrive from the shows, than for the other jobs.
No matter the kind of jobs, more than 6 months wait is still usual from some clients (including some very famous ones...).

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash92 View Post
I read from Kamila F's thread that most of the models that have families to support back home actually value runway jobs more because the wage is more direct, and they could bring the money back home much quickly. This is compared to editorials where they have to wait for the magazines to advance the money to agencies and that could take a long time.
According to sources on this forum 99,9% of magazine editorials don't pay anything at all. The client usually covers travel, room and board, but that's it.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

Some info behind Karmen's & Anna's agency switches i assume (via THE CUT). They sued Next!

Quote:
"for "collecting and converting hundreds of thousands of dollars of their earmarked compensation remitted by third parties for bookings in the United States," according to the court documents."
Quote:
"Pedaru claims Next owes her at least $400,000 and should pay her $1 million in punitive damages, according to the models’ lawyer Jennifer Bougher."
Quote:
"Jagodzinska is out $230,000 and Cywinska was taken for $30,000, they claimed. Both are also seeking $1 million in punitive damages."

24-11-2010
backstage pass

Tara Gill: DNA, Viva -> IMG Worldwide

Last edited by mainstay; 24-11-2010 at 05:35 PM.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstay View Post
Tara Gill has left Elmer Olsen, her former mother agent in Toronto.
She is now represented worldwide by IMG Models.
I don't have anything against Elmer Olsen, but she is such a good model and I hope this opens lots of doors for her.

24-11-2010
backstage pass

^ I can't be certain she's left Elmer.. my bad.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

whaaat?! she left DNA

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

Whoa whoa whoa if Daria's still at Elmer Olson, it's a weird thing for this Tara Gill to switch, if she did. The local agencies here at least help and constantly feed girls into the international stage.

25-11-2010
V.I.P.

^She is still on Elmer Olsen's website - I think she switched DNA to IMG but Elmer is still her mother agent.

29-11-2010
front row

Masha Tyelna: Joy -> Elite Milan

30-11-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
^She is still on Elmer Olsen's website - I think she switched DNA to IMG but Elmer is still her mother agent.
What does this mean to Elmer's relationship with DNA? Is Tara the only one switching or are the other Olsen models leaving?

01-12-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
Some info behind Karmen's & Anna's agency switches i assume (via THE CUT). They sued Next!
I hope Next would be quiet a bit after this, they keep acting like they are sharps. I really don't care, but these suing, scratching models and abuse things are really annoying.

03-12-2010
backstage pass

I'm kinda hellbent on figuring out the Soul Artist Men's Board ASAP. I saw that you guys already have River Viiperi and Simon Nessman, here are a few more:

Arthur Sales- from Major NY
Lowell Tautchin-from Major NY
Patrick Kafka- from Major NY
Seth Kuhlmann- from Major NY

That's all that I have small but I think it's a pretty strong board all things considered. If anyone knows anyone else I'd love to hear about them!

03-12-2010
front row

Wow, yeah, they have some good guys over there. I'm glad Lowell Tautchin is there. I think he could do well with some personal development.

Just curious, I was wondering on how any of you obtain your information? Agency blogs?

03-12-2010
backstage pass

Agency Blogs, other Fashion Blogs as well as just paying attention to the credits.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching