Models Switching Agencies (November 2010 - February 2013) - Page 32 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

^ Interesting. Matches their signature aesthetic...

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

i couldn't care less about ashley smith but... finally!

02-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
^ Interesting. Matches their signature aesthetic...
huh? you mean like the home of her bud lindsey wixson?

i see it as a good place for her because trump just wasn't doing much else. they carried on that hipster rocker thing for too long (like theyre doing with sam ypma). marilyn paris was the one that really got her going..

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Ashley Smith from Trump to Marilyn? She's over anyway.

However, I wonder how long Trump can manage to hold on to Anais Pouliot .. Every agency in New York is probably scrathing at her door, trying to potch her.

Last edited by Omnis; 02-08-2011 at 12:17 PM.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
huh? you mean like the home of her bud lindsey wixson?i see it as a good place for her because trump just wasn't doing much else. they carried on that hipster rocker thing for too long (like theyre doing with sam ypma). marilyn paris was the one that really got her going..
Marilyn NY's quintessential aesthetic has to my eyes always been sportively pure yet intriguing over the past years. Girls on the edge between editorial fashion/commercial + management that focuses on crossover careers.
Liu Wen, Madelen de la Motte, Svea K, Constance, Eniko, Masha N, Merethe etc.... Nothing like 'hardcore' or niche, and Ashley matches the roster pretty well, therefore I'm quite pleased with that decision.

Sarah Kees
IMG NY ->
IMG London -> Union Models
IMG Milan -> Joy Management Milan
IMG Paris -> Marilyn Agency

02-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Marilyn NY's quintessential aesthetic has to my eyes always been sportively pure yet intriguing over the past years. Girls on the edge between editorial fashion/commercial + management that focuses on crossover careers.
Liu Wen, Madelen de la Motte, Svea K, Constance, Eniko, Masha N, Merethe etc.... Nothing like 'hardcore' or niche, and Ashley matches the roster pretty well, therefore I'm quite pleased with that decision.

Sarah Kees
IMG NY ->
IMG London -> Union Models
IMG Milan -> Joy Management Milan
IMG Paris -> Marilyn Agency
ah yes i see. you're right about that. in nyc, marilyn is known to have the "pretty-pretty" girls with something distinct (but some people might call it boring or commercial)...kind of the opposite of what paul rowland, one and dna have been doing.

03-08-2011
fashion insider

Beatriz Saladich:
Women MGMT Milan -> Why Not Models

Women MGMT Paris -> ??

03-08-2011
trendsetter

^^Most probably will end up with Elite Paris or Oui, like most of Ford NY's girls.

06-08-2011
V.I.P.

Nikole Ivanova: Ford Women --> NYMM

09-08-2011
V.I.P.

Ali Stephens: Elite NY ---> Wilhelmina

09-08-2011
V.I.P.

whaaaat theeeee?!?!?!?!?!

09-08-2011
V.I.P.

Kind of funny and sad too that there are still people who label Wilhelmina as NY's poor dog agency.

09-08-2011
trendsetter

MAYBE Willie is turning the tide and becoming a force to be reckoned with in the high fashion scene, something it hasn't been since Wilhelmina died. But I'd be more impressed if they could sign some girls who are on the way up in their career rather on their way down. Ali has really no career momentum any longer and Coco is booking 2nd and 3rd tier work. They've found some decent girls like Anais Mali and Melodie Montrose but they left for greener pastures.

10-08-2011
V.I.P.

I don't like any of them but Chloe M, Keke L and Marieke LR didn't leave for greener pastures yet. And Sojourner is taking a nice start (even if it doesn't mean anything at all anymore). So Willy isn't what I'd call a B-list agency, especially compated to what Elity NY is now. Even Trump looks way better than Elite at this minute. I hope it will change but can't depict it another way right now and Ali, even if she is nowhere close to her career's peak at the mo, had all reasons to change and try.

10-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Kind of funny and sad too that there are still people who label Wilhelmina as NY's poor dog agency.
And kind of funny people ignore what happened to Elite lately. People should read the news instead of taking old stories for today's granted truth.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching