How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
Thank you! So does that mean they're signed with d'management too? 'Cause I still see Amanda on Elite Milano's site.
I guess you can say they're signed by d'management but silent people manage their own girls inside d's office that is an italian enterprise and can provide legal rights and stuff. They have an special arrangement so that silent personally can manage their own girls in all cities.

20-09-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by la.vie.in.mode View Post
Silent has a special space inside d'management office in Milan were they are able to manage their girls. You can say both agencies work as a team... I don't know if this answer your question
Silent Models has a special arrangement with D management. D Management has first choice, if D pass the model then it’s possible that she’ll land at Elite etc.

22-09-2011
Rhoda Addict

Quote:
Sources are reporting that Louis Chaban is jumping fr Women to Elite. Stay tuned.
@hisssquad

22-09-2011
V.I.P.

^He really can't keep things secret, can he?

22-09-2011
Rhoda Addict

Hoping Hilary and Co don't go with him

22-09-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueElle Addict View Post
Hoping Hilary and Co don't go with him
Why? Actually Hilary is none of his historical models but to be true he does quite well in general at managing careers. And it's rather an interesting move. Seems Elite finally found who they were searching for for so long.

22-09-2011
backstage pass

That would be a huge coup for Elite. But he's already been at Elite, between his stints at Ford and DNA. He is a great agent and has made the careers of many of the top girls from the past 15 years. But if I were an agency head, I would absolutely be careful of hiring him. He has an extensive history of abandoning agencies. He can build up an agency and his girls are very loyal to him, but his history is that after 4-5 years, he will bolt to another agency and when he does, he guts his former employers. If he leaves Women, Karen E. Agyness, Cameron will follow and chances are many many others such as Maria Carla, Ginta, Daria, Jourdan and Iselin will as well.
And when Women goes in the toilet so will Supreme who has survived on the coattails of Women since Paul R left for Ford.
I don't know what Elite is offering that would entice him to jump ship, unless it's an ownership stake in the agency. Women basically offered them the keys to the house to entice him from DNA.

Last edited by woemwoem; 22-09-2011 at 08:08 PM.

22-09-2011
backstage pass

^ Money talks, no doubt.

23-09-2011
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstay View Post
^ Money talks, no doubt.
We have to guess so and I know Elite was searching (very hard) for someone like him lately.
I'm aware he is the kind of person who seems to "burn bridges" after he is gone from somewhere and that sounds risky for any agency hiring him. But seriously who wasn't like this lately? The only stable ones I can think of are the good old IMG people who are at the same place for years or decades (all the Ivan, David, Jeni und so weiter). Most of others have "danced the ball" these last two years, even before Paul's move to Ford. Agents as much as models haven't stopped switching agencies and it doesn't seem to be about to calm down.

23-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
. But seriously who wasn't like this lately? The only stable ones I can think of are the good old IMG people who are at the same place for years or decades (all the Ivan, David, Jeni und so weiter). Most of others have "danced the ball" these last two years, even before Paul's move to Ford. Agents as much as models haven't stopped switching agencies and it doesn't seem to be about to calm down.
It started when "outside money" of not always clear origin started to arrive in modeling tu support the agencies.
The same happens in sport since the russians or the arabian buy football clubs and such stuff, they just make illimited cheques to build "dream teams", but of course...it does not work on long term, as some people will just always go where the biggest cheque is, so at the end it is just a big mess, exactly as the modeling scene in NY since 2 years.

in IMG it is more quiet caus there is no outside money, and there is a real long tem politic inside the agency in which people inside believe, so the temptation to go for an unclear mission just for a big cheque is less there.

Let's face it, all that mess in NY is rather taking the whole thing down than up, who honnestly can still give credibility to people who live on their reputations of "super agent", but who for few years just go where money is, without any care for the project, and usually in creating a huge mess in girls contracts at every on their move?

it would need a deep clean and to get rid of some of those people who since few years just make talk about them for their move and not for the jobs they bring to the girls...

23-09-2011
Rhoda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
Why? Actually Hilary is none of his historical models but to be true he does quite well in general at managing careers. And it's rather an interesting move. Seems Elite finally found who they were searching for for so long.
Hilary left IMG thanks Louie and since then he manages her career and as for I know it has been a good year for Hilary although I think Pedja is better agent than Louie look at Natasha Poly career for example. I wish Hilary follows Pedja or Louie in Elite with a good contract

23-09-2011
fashion elite

Didn't he sign a contract with Women , they must have known about his reputation and surely put in some claus.I wonder what will happen with the Elite girls that are signed to other NY agencies like Sigrid/Magdalena will they join Elite NY or will the agencies convince the girls to leave?

23-09-2011
backstage pass

Yes what will happen with Elite Europe will be interesting and it could really shake things up in NYC. Elite Europe and Elite NYC have not been on good terms for a long time now though it has gotten better the past two years. Still, Elite Europe has continued to place their top girls with agencies other than Elite NYC, mostly Ford and Marilyn.
If Louie goes to Elite, he will of course no longer have access to Women Europe's network so he will have to plumb another network in Europe. Will he make good with Elite Europe? If so, will that mean the pipeline to Ford and Marilyn dry up? If so, Marilyn has its Paris agency, which is very, very strong, one of the best boutique agencies in Paris, or elsewhere. Ford also has a relationship with Oui, but losing the Elite Europe connection would be bad for Ford. And it can't count on Ford Paris to provide it top talent from Europe since the two do not cooperate and Ford Paris is a relatively weak agency who has discovered no new girl of any significance for the longest time.
Women NYC also reportedly has a replacement for Louie lined up already and apparently he/she is a major player as well.
Whoever he/she is, it will be very, very interesting.

Last edited by woemwoem; 23-09-2011 at 10:03 PM.

23-09-2011
backstage pass

^ wow thankyou for that, so interesting...

24-09-2011
Zenga Zenga

Interesting indeed... but would have been more interesting a few years ago when agents/models switching wasn't so common. I agree with Fritmayo when he says this trend tends to bring the whole things more down than up and I often have the impression all gets a little more irrelevant (also business wise, not just seeing things as a spectator) with every new move. Just by looking at this thread you can get the idea, there are reports on models/agents switching every two days.

And even a few years ago when all looked rather stable, would it have been such a big thing? Was there really an "earthquake" when Paul left Supreme to go to Ford? There was a major rebranding of Ford, this for sure and a parallel relooking of Supreme. A few moves, including some big and noisy ones but it didn't change many careers. Let's take Karmen Pedaru for example, she was already on good tracks and would have had the same career with Next. Same thing happened when Louie went from DNA, the latter hasn't sunk after his departure. Of course there were a few major players from the agency (Karen etc.) that left with him but it didn't affect the agency as a whole. I think what tarnished a bit DNA was its scouting policy lately, way less selective than before: too many new faces compared to the size of the agency resulting in a weaker percentage of newbies making their way to the next level (that might be due to Louie leaving, though, but I don't know it). Furthermore, the more "silent" switches were more efficient than the noisy ones. I think Duncan going to NY Models or Roman to Wilhelmina had more impact on the respective agencies and their models than the highly mediatized ones had on others.

Then, regarding Elite NY and Elite Europe, they had started to work together again a few times ago (before all the staff left Elite NY). You had for example Caterina Ravaglia and Caroline Brasch-Nielsen coming from the european network. I know it's still among the wishes of Elite NY's owner to built a bridge with the huge european network but who knows if the latter is going to follow.

And ther might be one more parameter to consider at the moment. I don't know if it's official and done or whatsoever, or still a rumor. But word is that Viva and DNA aren't cooperating as closely as they used to. And that it can even be seen as a kind of split. I'm not sure this happened if it had happened what consequences it has had or will have. But that would mean another Paris/London agency is seeking a new partner in NY.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching