How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-04-2012
backstage pass

Julia Zimmer: Why Not -> Monster

05-04-2012
V.I.P.

Monster is building a hell of a board!

Who is behind it?

15-04-2012
front row

Does anyone know why Bianca Balti left Storm models for Proflie Management which is a much smaller agency that looks like it doesn't represent that many top end models?

15-04-2012
front row

If a model switches agencies, how does she do it, email them online her portfolio, post it to them, drop in to them, phone them, send them an online link or something? Cause who ever switches to Next can send an online link and upload their book on application and others have email service. How do models switch agencies?

15-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post
If a model switches agencies, how does she do it, email them online her portfolio, post it to them, drop in to them, phone them, send them an online link or something? Cause who ever switches to Next can send an online link and upload their book on application and others have email service. How do models switch agencies?

it is not at all like that it happens
when a model starts to make money, basically she would be welcomed in almost all agencies, so when a switch actualy happens, it is not the model who "apply", it is the agency who wants her who appraoch her, usually in trying to propose better financial deal than what she has.
modeling business at high level is very very small world, so most deals are done through contacts between people...

For a girl just starting, the very small word is very effectiv too, if you are agent, and that you have a girl that nobody wanted who starts to have some good jobs in let's say a small agency, very quickly your phone can become very busy, with most agencies proposiong you more money if you place the girl to them. Even if 3 months before you had proposed her but they were not interested

15-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritmayo View Post
it is not at all like that it happens
when a model starts to make money, basically she would be welcomed in almost all agencies, so when a switch actualy happens, it is not the model who "apply", it is the agency who wants her who appraoch her, usually in trying to propose better financial deal than what she has.
modeling business at high level is very very small world, so most deals are done through contacts between people...

For a girl just starting, the very small word is very effectiv too, if you are agent, and that you have a girl that nobody wanted who starts to have some good jobs in let's say a small agency, very quickly your phone can become very busy, with most agencies proposiong you more money if you place the girl to them. Even if 3 months before you had proposed her but they were not interested
Okay well that sounds nice. Do you know anything about the bigger agencies that keep the girls in the house like Next and IMG, if you look on their sites, they have offices in London, Paris, Milan and New York. If a girl sends them her portfolio and they take her on in her nearest office, let's say she is from France and applies to Next in Paris. The agency in Paris then make sure she is represented in Milan, New York and London also at times. Does she have to travel to those cities to see them or is her details just passed on and her book to the offices abroad?
Example did Abbey Lee Kershaw have to visit Next in Paris, Milan, New York and London or just the one she originally signed with and they passed her book and details to the other Next offices?
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Mariann; 15-04-2012 at 11:18 AM.

15-04-2012
V.I.P.

Julier Bugge
Ford Europe -> IMG Paris
Ford Europe -> IMG Milan
FM Agency London -> IMG London

No surpise they're approaching her since she opened Balenciaga, I doubt she will stay at Soul Artist Management but let us see.

15-04-2012
front row

That is great for Julier. Never knew the agencies also approach models from other agencies, good to know and nice to see her sticking with IMG

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

Valerija Kelava: Ford NY -> Elite NY
Posted via Mobile Device

18-04-2012
fashion elite

Elite is getting its power back gradually

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

Amanda Norgaard: DNA -> Ford NY

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

oh wow DNA was actually keeping Amanda in work. I wonder why she switched

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

?

Quote:
As of May 19th, 2012, we would like to
inform you that Vincent Peter & Eric Dubois
are no longer with Silent New York

20-04-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
oh wow DNA was actually keeping Amanda in work. I wonder why she switched
Arent the people she worked with at Supreme now with Ford NY ?

20-04-2012
trendsetter

I was on my way here to ask about Silent! I guess depending on whether this change is for the better or the worse (so to speak) we will see models switching to or from their boards...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching