How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
05-04-2012
  676
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ITALY
Gender: homme
Posts: 617
Julia Zimmer: Why Not -> Monster

 
 
05-04-2012
  677
V.I.P.
 
Mea Culpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,269
Monster is building a hell of a board!

Who is behind it?

__________________
"there's no design, your flaws are fine"
 
15-04-2012
  678
front row
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: femme
Posts: 428
Does anyone know why Bianca Balti left Storm models for Proflie Management which is a much smaller agency that looks like it doesn't represent that many top end models?

 
15-04-2012
  679
front row
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: femme
Posts: 428
If a model switches agencies, how does she do it, email them online her portfolio, post it to them, drop in to them, phone them, send them an online link or something? Cause who ever switches to Next can send an online link and upload their book on application and others have email service. How do models switch agencies?

 
15-04-2012
  680
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All over Europe
Gender: homme
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post
If a model switches agencies, how does she do it, email them online her portfolio, post it to them, drop in to them, phone them, send them an online link or something? Cause who ever switches to Next can send an online link and upload their book on application and others have email service. How do models switch agencies?

it is not at all like that it happens
when a model starts to make money, basically she would be welcomed in almost all agencies, so when a switch actualy happens, it is not the model who "apply", it is the agency who wants her who appraoch her, usually in trying to propose better financial deal than what she has.
modeling business at high level is very very small world, so most deals are done through contacts between people...

For a girl just starting, the very small word is very effectiv too, if you are agent, and that you have a girl that nobody wanted who starts to have some good jobs in let's say a small agency, very quickly your phone can become very busy, with most agencies proposiong you more money if you place the girl to them. Even if 3 months before you had proposed her but they were not interested

 
15-04-2012
  681
front row
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: femme
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritmayo View Post
it is not at all like that it happens
when a model starts to make money, basically she would be welcomed in almost all agencies, so when a switch actualy happens, it is not the model who "apply", it is the agency who wants her who appraoch her, usually in trying to propose better financial deal than what she has.
modeling business at high level is very very small world, so most deals are done through contacts between people...

For a girl just starting, the very small word is very effectiv too, if you are agent, and that you have a girl that nobody wanted who starts to have some good jobs in let's say a small agency, very quickly your phone can become very busy, with most agencies proposiong you more money if you place the girl to them. Even if 3 months before you had proposed her but they were not interested
Okay well that sounds nice. Do you know anything about the bigger agencies that keep the girls in the house like Next and IMG, if you look on their sites, they have offices in London, Paris, Milan and New York. If a girl sends them her portfolio and they take her on in her nearest office, let's say she is from France and applies to Next in Paris. The agency in Paris then make sure she is represented in Milan, New York and London also at times. Does she have to travel to those cities to see them or is her details just passed on and her book to the offices abroad?
Example did Abbey Lee Kershaw have to visit Next in Paris, Milan, New York and London or just the one she originally signed with and they passed her book and details to the other Next offices?
Hope that makes sense.


Last edited by Mariann; 15-04-2012 at 11:18 AM.
 
15-04-2012
  682
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,200
Julier Bugge
Ford Europe -> IMG Paris
Ford Europe -> IMG Milan
FM Agency London -> IMG London

No surpise they're approaching her since she opened Balenciaga, I doubt she will stay at Soul Artist Management but let us see.

 
15-04-2012
  683
front row
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: femme
Posts: 428
That is great for Julier. Never knew the agencies also approach models from other agencies, good to know and nice to see her sticking with IMG

 
18-04-2012
  684
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,200
Valerija Kelava: Ford NY -> Elite NY
Posted via Mobile Device

 
18-04-2012
  685
fashion elite
 
Pricciao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,760
Elite is getting its power back gradually

 
20-04-2012
  686
V.I.P.
 
lanvinray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 16,127
Amanda Norgaard: DNA -> Ford NY

__________________
*Ashleigh* Malaika* Lexi* Ji Hye* Sung Hee* Chiharu* Manuela* Fei Fei* Sui * Ming* Josephine* Waleska* Sigrid* Coco* Sasha* Freja* Gemma *Daul*
 
20-04-2012
  687
V.I.P.
 
TREVOFASHIONISTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.Y.C.
Gender: homme
Posts: 13,940
oh wow DNA was actually keeping Amanda in work. I wonder why she switched

__________________
Daria W.Maryna.Natasha.Sasha.Snejana
Malaika.Irene.Mijo.Cindy.Imaan
 
20-04-2012
  688
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,200
?

Quote:
As of May 19th, 2012, we would like to
inform you that Vincent Peter & Eric Dubois
are no longer with Silent New York

 
20-04-2012
  689
fashion elite
 
modela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
oh wow DNA was actually keeping Amanda in work. I wonder why she switched
Arent the people she worked with at Supreme now with Ford NY ?

 
20-04-2012
  690
trendsetter
 
saucer-like's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,405
I was on my way here to ask about Silent! I guess depending on whether this change is for the better or the worse (so to speak) we will see models switching to or from their boards...

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.