How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-05-2012
rising star

Melodie Monrose
She is not with Silent NYC anymore... at least not on their website...

has she switched ?? Or left with Vincent Peter & Eric Dubois ?

29-05-2012
V.I.P.

Yulia K now at Oui Management
Posted via Mobile Device

30-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespirit View Post
She is not with Silent NYC anymore... at least not on their website...

has she switched ?? Or left with Vincent Peter & Eric Dubois ?
Are you talking about Melodie Monrose cuz I'm intensely curious about that too..
Posted via Mobile Device

30-05-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Michele Ouellet now with Elite.

30-05-2012
rising star

yes I am talking about Melodie Monrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelista View Post
Are you talking about Melodie Monrose cuz I'm intensely curious about that too..
Posted via Mobile Device

30-05-2012
trendsetter

Colinne Michaelis and Madisyn Ritland also disappeared from the Silent NY site shortly after the announcement was posted.

I wonder what is happening with the agency now and if Vincent Peter & Eric Dubois are going to focus on just their Paris agency?

01-06-2012
windowshopping

Christina Kruse to Oui Management

05-06-2012
V.I.P.

Catherine McNeil (former Ford) says hi to Marilyn NY.
Posted via Mobile Device

05-06-2012
backstage pass

tWomen's blog posted Anna J. left Ford for Women though the post has disappeared. If she did, it wouldn't be a surprise. Ford has really done nothing for most of the former Next girls who left that agency to join Paul Rowland. Of those girls only Karmen Pedaru's career has progressed after the change in agencies. Ford is really dropping the ball on some of the bigger girls who joined them. I really thought PR would take these girls to new heights but he seems more interested in his art projects and "being cool" than managing some of these girls.

Last edited by woemwoem; 05-06-2012 at 06:06 PM.

05-06-2012
V.I.P.

Isn't Karmen's breakthrough rather an achievement of Next NY since they booked her two major campaigns shortly before she headed to Ford?
Posted via Mobile Device

05-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
I really thought PR would take these girls to new heights but he seems more interested in his art projects and "being cool" than managing some of these girls.
not really a surprise for me.
if you analyse deep his career he is a great concept guy, but as a manager/agent he is so overrated
He impress with a concept, he finds money for it...the concept never make any money...he sells a new idea to someone else...which also never makes money; and so on...

05-06-2012
backstage pass

Karmen's Gucci and Michael Kors campaigns have been while she's been with Ford. She definitely had momentum from her Next-booked campaigns but I think Ford deserves some credit as well.
Women was a terrific agency when Paul ran it. Shana Zadreck, Caroline Murphy, Kate Moss, were all managed under him even if indirectly. I don't know what's happened but two years after taking over the helm at Ford, it's lost its steam. The agency has definitely improved over its former management team. Look at where Supreme is now under the former Ford managers, compared to when Paul was its head and how many of its girls are now are considered must-have girls--not many. And its top girl Daphne Groenveld is really a product of Women Milan not Supreme.
But I expected Ford under PR to be a serious challenger to Women and IMG as the top NYC agency. It's not.
Maybe PR is just bored with fashion and modeling.

Last edited by woemwoem; 05-06-2012 at 07:18 PM.

06-06-2012
Zenga Zenga

Feels like it has been an eternity since the last time I posted something here... but the topic is interesting.

I pretty much agree with almost everything fritmayo said. I personally respect Paul Rowland for his ideas, his concepts, his direction.

Supreme for example was a great project, an agency with a real identity and it probably influenced others in their way to handle visuals and imagery. But, as fritmayo says, it has never made money so to speak and when he left, the financial side of the agency wasn't breathtaking at all. The new Surpeme looks quite silent and much less thrilling or impressive than it was during Paul's reign there, but I wouldn't say the team that came to replace his is doing worse. It's different for sure but this doesn't tell about the financial health of the agency.

Then, as much as I loved the ideas Paul used to build and run Supreme, "his" Ford never attracted me that much. It quickly seemed like an odd mix, a kind of awkward patchwork where the different components don't really work together. There has never been such a strong and innovative brand identity as there could have been at Supreme.

Regarding Karmen, you can't really say Ford has to be credited for her breakthrough. Next clearly did the hardest part, Ford can be credited for keeping the pace of her rise. There is no small achievement, though, and they did a good job for her since she signed in.

Rowland's Ford as a serious competitor to IMG? I've never believed and even less expected this to happen. And the current slowdown you can feel from Ford these days is something some guys I know predicted one or two years ago but were called jealous back then. IMG is a mammoth, Women an extended network... It would have taken much more than the visual genius, the artistic sense and the communication tasks of a Paul Rowland to put Ford at that level on the map.

Last but not least: if Paul is bored with fashion and modeling, I would definitely understand. This business have rarely been less thrilling than it is nowadays.

07-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
This business have rarely been less thrilling than it is nowadays.
so true

07-06-2012
windowshopping

Naomi Preizler moves from Marilyn Paris to Oui Management

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching