How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-12-2010
backstage pass

actually... I think that Major kept Rob.. they updated on their blog about his latest editorial.

05-12-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by markese91 View Post
Well I talked to a photographer in NY today and she confirmed what I already thought, he took all of their editorial men. Let's just run a few numbers, it's rumored that he took almost 40 models with him, let's say 35. From my NY Show Package from them I only have 51 models from them...
Now I know the showpackage isn't all of their models but I'm just saying...

Plus there are some faces that I've seen on his Facebook after he left which lead me to believe they've moved on with him... names like Rob Evans, look 21(I believe) from the Givenchy menswear show. He was an exclusive.

I mean I'm waiting for confirmation on the entire board but... I think that it's probably about time for Major NY to let Sessilee go and close up shop...
Not so fast there. Sure Major NY had a great men's division and it was largely due to Jason but they will still be able to survive.

There really aren't any female fashion stars at major and Sessilee is getting quiet but they have a large board of consistent working commercial girls who are raking in enough money (but not exactly the most glamorous type of work to showcase on the internet blogs which is why you probably wouldn't know about it). The men who are staying aren't the fashion variety but work consistently in the commercial sector as well.

05-12-2010
trendsetter

I agree. There are models who, while they are not stars, work on a consistent basis and earn a living as professional models. They need representation too. Many of them would probably be neglected at one of the bigger "A-list" agencies, if even given the chance to be signed with them at all.

Sessilee's career really flourished with Major, while IMG just kind of left her hanging.

Although, I do agree with fritmayo that:

Quote:
Major was since a few years like "stuck" at a level, and it is never good for any business when at a moment seems like it will never move up better than it is.
The agency is in need of some "revamping".

05-12-2010
front row

Actually, a lot of the girls at Major were with one of the uber-chic Powerhouse agencies at one point and did really well (some 5 years ago and others 10 years ago). It's just that those girls are older now (but still great quality!) and looking to do lower profile jobs that make a lot of money.

Sessilee had some buzz around her at IMG more than the normal development board girl. But her career flourished at major because
1. Her sister was her booker
2. Major is really good with personalized service.
I must give it to Major, all of my friends who are there get a lot of attention. That's why they manage to churn out a real fashion star every now and then because there really are no stragglers (Major also cuts their board frequently to keep it small--boutique). They're really good on zooming in and devoting a lot of energy into a career.
But if they want to get a board full of stars, yes, they definitely need a lot of revamping. Kristy Kaurova took off there and there were other girls who were there for a very short minute (not going to name names here but girls who were with them for less than a month) and Major got them those essential connections and then they left for a cooler agency. They need to edge out the agency competition because they are very very capable.

05-12-2010
backstage pass

I really think that Major needs one or two new bookers to rework the image of Major...but it's just my humble opinion.

08-12-2010
V.I.P.

Alana Zimmer: Storm ---> Elite London
Madisyn Ritland: mandpmodels ---> Elite London

08-12-2010
V.I.P.

Has it been mentioned that Tali Lennox left Select Models for Next London?

08-12-2010
fashion elite

Lee Hyun Yi: Major ------> Silent NY

08-12-2010
fashion elite

^^I thought her and her sister had been with Next for some time now...

08-12-2010
fashion elite

Lee has a model sister? I didn't know that She is on Silent's site as "Hyunyi"

08-12-2010
fashion elite

Actually, that was a response to cologne_rocks's post

09-12-2010
V.I.P.

^ Yup. Since last summer actually...

09-12-2010
V.I.P.

Ah thanks, i thought it was recent!

15-12-2010
fashion icon

Shanina Shaik:
New York Model Managament > Next
Chadwick Model Management > Chic Model Management

15-12-2010
backstage pass

^I've always felt Shanina's look isn't very NYMM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching