How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

Lakshmi Menon: Nathalie Paris -> Women Paris

09-08-2012
windowshopping

what is happening with ford.. seems like everyone is jumping ship

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

Irina Shipunova: Ford -> Elite NY

14-08-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlindo View Post
what is happening with ford.. seems like everyone is jumping ship
Seriously! Does anyone know what's going on with Ford. I feel like they've been losing some gems, especially PR's board.

19-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
Seriously! Does anyone know what's going on with Ford. I feel like they've been losing some gems, especially PR's board.
The girls who've left aren't currently in demand except for Kelava. Anna J and McNeil have name recognition but one girl seems to have turned her back on modeling and the other is having a tough time finding fashion relevance. Also Ford seems to be focusing on a lot of brand new girls. But there has been a lot of defections.
Posted via Mobile Device

20-08-2012
Zenga Zenga

Paul is more into his art gallery and I can't throw a stone to him for that...

20-08-2012
backstage pass

Rosie Tupper seems to no longer be with Viva London or Paris. Does anyone know what's up with her?

23-08-2012
trendsetter

Alana Zimmer Ford -> Women NY

23-08-2012
V.I.P.

woah?!^ thats a surprise

23-08-2012
V.I.P.

IKR!?! She's been with Paul and crew since forever...
What's going on with Ford these days!?!

24-08-2012
windowshopping

Anyone know why it seems it's all falling apart at ford ?

24-08-2012
V.I.P.

probably the same with IMG, and that they are only focusing on their money and big editorial girls. Only IMG has a lot more money and strong editorial girls

24-08-2012
backstage pass

They also have pushed forward a lot of new girls, so it seems like in addition to the proven stars on its board like Sigrid and Karmen, Ford is focusing on the new ones. But it is never good to lose girls en masse like this. A lot of the girls they've lost are not stars for sure, but Alana was a steady girl who still managed to book a few campaigns each season and some editorials. Models like that should not be underestimated.

25-08-2012
windowshopping

Alana was a paul girl fom day one though, for her to leave is something. In terms of them focusing and bringing in the new girls, great but who have they broken since they started at ford. All these girls leaving regardless of status is not good sign. Question is has the Paul move for ford been successful ?

26-08-2012
trendsetter

I would consider Cora to be a breakout star. Her profile has only gotten bigger since switching to Ford last year. She was only doing a handful of small shows until S/S12. Since then she was one of the top girls for F/W12 shows + nabbing the Chanel campaign.

There are quite a few girls who appear to be managed very well under Ford lately and I don't expect them to slow down any time soon.

Andie Arthur's career has been flourishing since she started 2 years ago and pretty much going in the direction that I would expect any young model's to progress (steadily picking up bigger shows each season, featured regularly in Teen Vogue and now onto international Vogues).

Even with Julia Nobis. Just as some were writing her off as "runway filler", she now has the LV campaign + spot on MDC's Top 50 under her belt and some stellar print work including VI cover over the past few months. Not so sure this would have been the case if things had not changed and she were still at Elite.

Surely Ford has gotten out of the rut (image-wise) it was in previously? I never envisioned nuFord truly competing with the likes of IMG, but I really believe that it's no longer a "second-class citizen" of NY agencies.

I don't think that the situation is as bad as being made out to be, precisely for the reasons stated above about which models have been leaving. No disrespect to them, but will these new placements at other agencies do much for them? Alana leaving is the only eyebrow-raiser to me.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching