How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-08-2012
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucer-like View Post
I would consider Cora to be a breakout star. Her profile has only gotten bigger since switching to Ford last year. She was only doing a handful of small shows until S/S12. Since then she was one of the top girls for F/W12 shows + nabbing the Chanel campaign.
Cora is with Ford's "Women" division and not on Paul's board. Many people are talking about Paul's work here and I would say the second "sister division" at Ford has done quite well and silently over the past seasons. As for the campaigns and all, you can not always guess which agency booked what (unless you know something for sure, of course)...

Last edited by penny609; 27-08-2012 at 10:11 AM.

27-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ I never understood the difference between Ford (PR) and Ford (Women). Of course different team, but both seem to focus the same direction, no? These two divisions seem not to have the aesthetical distinctions like Women NY and Women Direct, for example.

27-08-2012
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
^ I never understood the difference between Ford (PR) and Ford (Women). Of course different team, but both seem to focus the same direction, no? These two divisions seem not to have the aesthetical distinctions like Women NY and Women Direct, for example.
At the beginning things were a little different but with time Paul's Ford board became a sort of patchwork mixing various kind of models while Ford Women which was supposed to be the more commercial board also signed models with fashion abilities (Cora, Allaire etc.).

The same could also be said about Women and Women Direct time ago, now Women Direct is back to its commercial purpose, though. But even there, you can say you have Women and Direct as the two ends and... Supreme right in the middle that mixes both.

Elite or New York Models also used to be unclear in a recent past. I remember well the days NYMM had its models divided between "Image" and "Women" before turning it into "Women" and "New Faces" (I bet at a certain moment they didn't know where to put a model like Ronja Furrer so their new classification system is more relevant).

On a side note:
Lydia Collins: Ford NY -> Elite NY

28-08-2012
trendsetter

Karolina Waz, Ford -> Women NY

28-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaussure View Post
Melodie Monrose
Silent NY -> Women NY
This is a good move for her. She should be working more

28-08-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
Cora is with Ford's "Women" division and not on Paul's board. Many people are talking about Paul's work here and I would say the second "sister division" at Ford has done quite well and silently over the past seasons. As for the campaigns and all, you can not always guess which agency booked what (unless you know something for sure, of course)...
Definitely, you're right about that and I was hesitant to mention the campaign for that very reason. I always did think it was odd that Cora was placed on the "second-tier" board, but indeed it seems to have worked out well for her. I thought that the Ford Women board was restaffed during the shake-up as well?

While I do think that Ford (specifically PR's board) is still in good shape, the recent departures of Karolina and Lydia is unfortunate.

29-08-2012
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucer-like View Post
Definitely, you're right about that and I was hesitant to mention the campaign for that very reason. I always did think it was odd that Cora was placed on the "second-tier" board, but indeed it seems to have worked out well for her. I thought that the Ford Women board was restaffed during the shake-up as well?

While I do think that Ford (specifically PR's board) is still in good shape, the recent departures of Karolina and Lydia is unfortunate.
Well since Ford has changed, I've always considered the second board to be steadily hardworking so, odd or not, I was glad Cora landed there.

Karolina's departure is due to political issues I think... Lydia has never really worked well under Ford's management so I can understand it better. Valeria Kelava leaving was also unfortunate but, same as for Lydia, it seems Oui Management works much closer to Elite NY nowadays. Perhaps this connection will be more fruitful for everyone in the end, at least I find it quite interesting.

Regarding Paul's board, there are pluses and minuses about it, but if something can be said about it, on a positive note, I'd say the recent additions of new faces are still quite strong. Thinking of Kremi, Erin etc. Let's see now how it works for them.

29-08-2012
rising star

Teresa Lourenco
Mega Models (former motheragency) > Model Management Hamburg

29-08-2012
trendsetter

Karen Elson Elite -> Why Not (milan)

29-08-2012
V.I.P.

Crystal Noreiga: DNA NY -> Elite Direct
Marta Ortiz: Marilyn NY -> Trump NY

29-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
Well since Ford has changed, I've always considered the second board to be steadily hardworking so, odd or not, I was glad Cora landed there.

Karolina's departure is due to political issues I think... Lydia has never really worked well under Ford's management so I can understand it better. Valeria Kelava leaving was also unfortunate but, same as for Lydia, it seems Oui Management works much closer to Elite NY nowadays. Perhaps this connection will be more fruitful for everyone in the end, at least I find it quite interesting.

Regarding Paul's board, there are pluses and minuses about it, but if something can be said about it, on a positive note, I'd say the recent additions of new faces are still quite strong. Thinking of Kremi, Erin etc. Let's see now how it works for them.

It's important to keep in mind that there are defections and there are defections. As I've said before, it's never good when girls leave en masse, BUT most of the girls who left are not really star girls. There have been defections to Ford that made me just kind of shrug. Not very exciting. The girls weren't stars at their old agencies and I didn't think they would become stars at Ford. In the same vein, most of these girls who've defect from Ford weren't stars at Ford and will likely not be stars at their new agencies.
I have no idea what is going on with Rowland that so many girls are leaving, whether they are unhappy with him and his agents, or whether Rowland is perhaps cleaning up his board and choosing to drop girls. He's been known to do that occasionally. But I don't think you can doubt that Ford is better editorially now than before Rowland moved over from Supreme. You're seeing more Ford girls in top campaigns and the top mags. No it's still not IMG or Women and may not ever be. It's not even at the level of Next, but the improvement to the agency since his arrival is evident.

Last edited by woemwoem; 29-08-2012 at 07:45 PM.

29-08-2012
fashion insider

^ you and saucer-like work at Ford, don't you? at least you seem to after reading your posts
if so, then what happened to Anna J and Cat McNeil?? they were definitely stars once but still haven't been doing very well and now they left..

30-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
^ you and saucer-like work at Ford, don't you? at least you seem to after reading your posts
if so, then what happened to Anna J and Cat McNeil?? they were definitely stars once but still haven't been doing very well and now they left..
No, I don't work at Ford. I have no relationship with Ford at all. If I did work there I certainly wouldn't be posting on this site unless I wanted to get fired. Everything I've said has been based on observation only.
As for Anna J and C. McNeil, Anna has not done well in the past year or so because she obviously is looking beyond modeling. She's stated she doesn't want to do runways any longer and started taking acting lessons. If a girl doesn't want to model any more, no agency can do anything for her. If you think going to Women will instantly make her a star again, just look at Nataliya Gotsii, who went from Ford to Women after Rowland moved to Ford. Women did nothing for her and now she's languishing on Supreme's board. Her star was waning already by the time she moved to Women but it's obvious she's just not that interested in modeling any longer now that she has a family and different priorities. Perhaps Anna J. will make a push back into the biz, but if she doesn't you'll have to comfort yourself of memories of 2008-2009 when she was at the height of her career.
And yes, after she came back once after taking time off for school, but she was also younger then. This biz is not exactly known for being kind to girls who are no longer teens.
As for McNeil, the year she took off from the biz certainly didn't help her. She hasn't attained the status of a Karen Elson or Amber Valletta who can take time off to pursue other things and model when they feel like it. With girls like that, the business will always welcome them back. McNeil was successful for sure, but she doesn't seem to have the same relationship with the fashion movers and shakers, doesn't have the support of Meisel or Wintour or M&M. Megan Collison is one of the rare models who was not a supermodel who is able to return to the biz after taking time off and then book an A-list campaign or editorial, but Meisel is a fan of her.
Unlike Anna J., McNeil does seem to want back into the biz but the biz is so focused on new faces and the next big thing that taking time off can really make a girl irrelevant. So we may see her in an occasional editorial for a big mag or a stray campaign here or there. But it is against the odds that she will become the star she once was.

Last edited by woemwoem; 30-08-2012 at 11:24 AM.

30-08-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
No, I don't work at Ford. I have no relationship with Ford at all. If I did work there I certainly wouldn't be posting on this site unless I wanted to get fired. Everything I've said has been based on observation only.
ok then, i thought so bc you sounded like someone who manages insider info.. and you were also kinda answering to the people wondering about the bunch of models leaving Ford

anyway, about the girls i think that Cat's case is the more logical since her supporters back then like Testino and Carine don't have the same influence nowadays plus she got all those tattoos on unsuitable places..
but Anna?? i understand that she doesn't like runway but there are other models like Edita and Eniko that don't do it either and are still getting covers and eds in big magazines, campaigns, etc.. she was also a Meisel fave like Meghan and i remember seeing her last year on at least a few smaller Vogue covers however for 2012 she's been completely absent, i don't find any explanation other than she's just not interested but if that's the reason then why even bother going to another agency?

30-08-2012
fashion insider

Didn't Next sue Ford for poaching Anna J? Maybe things were kind of messy, idk. At any rate, she wasn't with Ford for a very long time.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching