How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway 123 View Post
I can't find Asia Piwka and Alex Yuryeva anywhere :/ Seem they left Ford and Silent does anyone know if they have new agencies in NY?
Perhaps the Silent girls who have yet to appear at new agencies will be booked via Silent Paris as had previously been done before Eric and Vincent set up shop in NY. I can't imagine that some of these girls are just not going to walk NYFW.

04-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway 123 View Post
I can't find Asia Piwka and Alex Yuryeva anywhere :/ Seem they left Ford and Silent does anyone know if they have new agencies in NY?
Someone mentioned about a new agency based in NY called "The Lions" in The Model Agency Mega Thread. Well it looks like some of the girls from Silent Paris including Alex Yuryeva and Othilia Simon are signed there. Both models are currently in NY for castings. I wonder if Colinne is also signed with them.

Source: happensfast.tumblr.com

04-09-2012
tfs star

Asia Piwka: Ford -> Marilyn

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

^ Thank you! I hope she does shows

05-09-2012
backstage pass

And it's confirmed:

Quote:
Karlie Kloss and Gisele BŁndchen Now Share a Manager
After four years with modeling agency Next (she moved there from Elite in 2008), Karlie Kloss has signed with IMG Models, WWD reports. The 20-year-old will now be working with the same manager as Gisele BŁndchen. Her switch suggests that she's planning to broaden her appeal outside of the fashion industry, most likely following the paths of other top models who have embarked on personal branding ventures like clothing and beauty lines or TV shows. Indeed, IMG senior vice president and managing director Ivan Bart insinuates that this is in the works: “Karlie has an immense and loyal following, and we welcome the opportunity to help expand her relationships through endorsements as well as our global network that reaches beyond fashion."
the cut

Quote:
Karlie is still featured on the women’s boards for both agencies, [Next NY & Mother Models] and nowhere to be found on IMG’s website, so needless to say this is still in the beginning stages. The awkward part of it all is that Karlie will still be represented by Next during fashion week, at the very least in New York. She’s been included in the agency’s show package
fashionista

Last edited by BonesAndOil; 05-09-2012 at 10:27 AM.

05-09-2012
rising star

[QUOTE=penny609;10962585]
Elite or New York Models also used to be unclear in a recent past. I remember well the days NYMM had its models divided between "Image" and "Women" before turning it into "Women" and "New Faces" (I bet at a certain moment they didn't know where to put a model like Ronja Furrer so their new classification system is more relevant).

They've always had their NYM2 division which is for their "direct" girls no? So that's not new if Im not mistaken.

05-09-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
It appears she left her mother agency as well...
:O that doesn't seem fair. It seems like they were real close, I have the suspicion that IMG requested her worldwide and entirely if she were to switch with them. I wonder if her mother agency knew she wanted to make a switch.

It just seems to be that IMG can only take girls from other agencies but barely makes them from scratch.

05-09-2012
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
They've always had their NYM2 division which is for their "direct" girls no? So that's not new if Im not mistaken.
That's true and they still have this NYM2 division. But before they used to have "Image" and "Women" as well, and the difference between these two boards was never really clear. Now it has changed for "New Faces" and "Women" which is a bit more appropriate and fair to all their models.

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
It just seems to be that IMG can only take girls from other agencies but barely makes them from scratch.
Not really true, at the top level for example look at Lara and Joan, their careers were nothing special at Elite, IMG really built their careers from scratch. There are also countless models IMG have developed from the very start and gone on to become successful models, they seem to be gaining momentum again with Katryn, Elza, Stef etc

Last edited by Bamhutt; 05-09-2012 at 05:03 PM.

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

I agree too. IMG seems to be the most reliable when it comes to bulding up long term top talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

IMG has a few gems, but the majority of their roster is either a filler or faded glory.

05-09-2012
rising star

Karolina Kurkova is now with 1 Model Management according to models.com

05-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
IMG has a few gems, but the majority of their roster is either a filler or faded glory.
Its board is enormous so it's not surprising that a lot of it are filler-models. The same is true of Women, Next, Ford, DNA, etc. And to another claim that IMG is good at only poaching girls but not developing starts on its own, that's a little unfair and untrue. Freja, Gemma, Erin Wasson have spent their entire careers with IMG and of course they built the careers of Liya, Daria, and Hilary after they languished at other agencies.

06-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:
KARLIE KLOSS SIGNS WITH IMG MODELS
Top Model Selects IMG for Fashion and Non-Fashion Related Opportunities
New York, NY (September 5, 2012) IMG announced today that beloved model Karlie Kloss is the newest addition to their distinguished portfolio of international talent. Ranked second on the Top 50 Models Women’s list by Models.com and declared one of the top 30 models of the 2000s by Vogue Paris, Kloss has signed with IMG to further expand her global network for fashion and nonfashion related opportunities.

“Karlie has an immense and loyal following, and we are thrilled with the opportunity to help expand her relationships through endorsements as well as our global network that reaches beyond fashion,” said Ivan Bart, SVP and Managing Director of IMG Models.
“I am excited about the possibilities that lie ahead in this new venture with IMG Models,” said Karlie Kloss. “I think there is a world of opportunity and this is the perfect place to help me continue to navigate through fashion and beyond in the next phase of my career. I feel grateful to those who have helped me reach this point in my life and career. Over the past four years I have grown, learned and experienced more than I could have ever imagined. If it weren’t for them I wouldn’t be the person I am today.”

“We are proud to welcome such a prestigious model. Karlie epitomizes the qualities that IMG values in their clients,” said Anne Nelson, Senior Manager of IMG Models. Not only is she an inspiration to the fashion world but to us as managers.”

Kloss began her modeling career at a young age when she was discovered at a charity fashion show in St. Louis. Her classical ballet training is credited for her elegance and presence on the runway as well as her powerful show walk. She has walked for numerous designers in New York, Paris and Milan such as Prada, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Chloe, Missoni, Carolina Herrera, Lanvin, Givenchy, Diane von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang, Stella McCartney and Zac Posen as well as graced the pages of top fashion magazines including American Vogue, French Vogue, Italian Vogue, British Vogue, Japanese Vogue, Chinese Vogue, W, Numťro, i-D, Dazed & Confused, Self Service, Muse and Interview. She has appeared on covers of i-D, Italian Vogue, Chinese Vogue, Korean Vogue, Australian Vogue, Turkish Vogue, W, Harper’s Bazaar Australia, 10, Grey, Russh, LIFE Magazine and Newsweek as well as worked with the industry’s most noted photographers including Steven Meisel, Inez Van Lambweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, David Sims, Patrick
Demarchelier, Annie Leibovitz, Mario Testino, Mario Sorrenti, Craig McDean, Terry Richardson, Arthur Elgort, Tim Walker, Bruce Weber and Juergen Teller. Her eye-catching features have been featured in advertisements for Dior, Oscar de la Renta, Chloť, Dolce & Gabbana, Hermes, Yves Saint Laurent cosmetics, Bally, Nina Ricci, Pringle of Scotland, Sportmax, GAP, the Marc Jacobs fragrance Lola, the Bvlgari Omnia Jade, and Dior Addict perfume.

This September, Kloss is featured on the covers of British Vogue, Japanese Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar Russia, and Numero. She will be co-hosting an event on Fashion’s Night Out with Lauren Bush Lauren at DKNY SoHo to celebrate the launch of the DKNY x FEED capsule collection, and Karlie’s Kookies TM “Perfect 10” kookie, a collaboration with Christina Tosi, chef and owner of Momofuku Milk Bar. The proceeds from each ‘fashionably wholesome’ cookie will benefit the FEED Foundation, and provide 10 meals to hungry school children around the world.
Additionally, this will be the first of several new partnerships and projects to be announced in the upcoming months.
imgmodelsblog

06-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
Its board is enormous so it's not surprising that a lot of it are filler-models. The same is true of Women, Next, Ford, DNA, etc. And to another claim that IMG is good at only poaching girls but not developing starts on its own, that's a little unfair and untrue. .
it is untrue, and sorry but just really a ridiculous claim.

Also people must realize something that they clearly don't.
the "real" board of an agency, is NOT what is on the web site etc...the girls really managed on a daily basis, are maybe just let's say 20% of the girls visible on web site etc...
same for the new faces, it can be on Next web site, IMG, or Women, i could link you in 2 minutes, at least 30 "new faces" still on web site on top agencies but who are completly out of modeling, since 1, 2 years or more...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching