How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-12-2012
tfs star

Interesting note, Fashion industry blog, has posted the Rowland news, three days before, it came officially out.

Last edited by petit fours; 01-12-2012 at 10:04 AM.

01-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
Complete disarray at Ford. This explains all the recent defections. I've defended Rowland in the past but it was becoming very clear that he was/is more interested in his art projects that in managing his models. I mean what in the world is the Ford Project thing on Ford's website? It has absolutely nothing to do with the agency and the models.
For had a number of promising new girls break during the S/S 13 shows. What will happen to them now?
I think his example as well as Louie C at Elite show is that one or even a few star bookers/agents at an agency aren't all that's needed to become a great agency any more. .
As I said in the topic from pire "business" point if view, those so called "star booker" just never got any result, so it obviously could not last.
I mean at the end a business is about making money, if u can just build some hype and noise but that what you do dont pay the bills soon or late you are out.
As creative and interesting as it was, Supreme has always been a money disaster, so not sure that the Ford money backer was happy to see rowland turning Ford in the same money kind of result...

05-12-2012
windowshopping

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/staf...9Md9kBL2rc95UM

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

Maryna Linchuk: DNA NY -> FORD NY -> DNA NY

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

irina kravchenko: ford ny -> women management ny
also sigrid and hanne are not on the ford ny board anymore

09-12-2012
rising star

Hanne Gaby is not credited on Ford website anymore, but she's with the new IMG Sydney... She is with IMG now worldwide?

09-12-2012
front row

I wonder, how does the whole thing of transferring agencies go? Are the girls appointed to a potential agent at an agency, or do they get together and say, (Karmen Pedaru) Well girl, I'm gonna try IMG. Where are you going?" (Crystal Renn) "I guess I'll see what's going on at Women." Like why don't they all just go to the same agency, being that they came from the same agency.

10-12-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak View Post
I wonder, how does the whole thing of transferring agencies go? Are the girls appointed to a potential agent at an agency, or do they get together and say, (Karmen Pedaru) Well girl, I'm gonna try IMG. Where are you going?" (Crystal Renn) "I guess I'll see what's going on at Women." Like why don't they all just go to the same agency, being that they came from the same agency.
Just because the girls were all with the same agency does not mean that they will all go together, like a school of ducklings to a new one. It depends on what each girl is looking for and what appeals to them most, or what new agents are offering them. Generally, in a situation similar to what happened when Paul Rowland left Women, the girls will follow the group of agents they are accustomed to. This time it seems like Paul Rowland was fired from Ford so he did not really have a plan of where to go next, so the girls are running around like headless chickens. Or better said just scurrying off to find a safe place, since it does not seem like the agents know where to go next. I'm assuming the agents will find place with some of these new NY agencies opening up, but what do I know? I'm just a stylist...

10-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
Generally, in a situation similar to what happened when Paul Rowland left Women, the girls will follow the group of agents they are accustomed to. This time it seems like Paul Rowland was fired from Ford so he did not really have a plan of where to go next, so the girls are running around like headless chickens. :
This is what I meant. Just like when he left Supreme for Ford, all of "his girls" followed him. Now that he is without, I was just inquisitive on how the girls are picking and choosing. So is Julia Nobis still at Ford?? If so, she has to carry that torch now, since it seems Ford has lost all of their current stars.

Last edited by niknak; 10-12-2012 at 02:03 AM.

10-12-2012
V.I.P.

Models often follow their bookers or the people that "discovered them". Otherwise, mother agencies also have a big say. Unless the girl has been in the industry for a substantial period, the knowledge to determine which agency is best is not usually there. Ultimately it's an individual decision where several different factors "behind the models" influences the major outcome.

10-12-2012
V.I.P.

Annemara Post isn't on DNA's website anymore. Does someone know where she's headed?

11-12-2012
trendsetter

Eniko Mihalik tweeted to Marilynny "Thank you for the great years we spent working together. You've given me more than I could have asked for. Will miss u all so much"
Where is she going? societe?

11-12-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
Hanne Gaby is not credited on Ford website anymore, but she's with the new IMG Sydney... She is with IMG now worldwide?
She's with Elite in Paris and Milan. (nothing about NY or London though...)

12-12-2012
tfs star

Eniko Mihalik: Marilyn NY -> DNA NY

Kelsey Van Mook: Next NY -> IMG NY

12-12-2012
V.I.P.

Hopefully that means we'll see more of Kelsey in the next seasons. I miss her.

Eniko's switch seems odd to me, especially since she seemed to be doing so well at Marilyn - I'm guessing her booker left?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching