How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-01-2013
V.I.P.

lets give Ford a chance! they will recover like what Elite is doing,

11-01-2013
V.I.P.

^Will they really, though? Elite was a worldwide known powerhouse before the NY offices took the blow. Ford doesn't have nearly the same status and power as Elite did. I don't know how they'll recover, but it won't be an easy process.

11-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
^Will they really, though? Elite was a worldwide known powerhouse before the NY offices took the blow. Ford doesn't have nearly the same status and power as Elite did. I don't know how they'll recover, but it won't be an easy process.
That's why I am very excited for the upcoming season because we will all see whether Ford still have it!

11-01-2013
backstage pass

Elite NYC was actually in decline before Louie C. was recruited to try to turn the agency around. It and its European operations were not really associated any longer even though they shared the same name. That's why the ppl behind Elite Paris are starting Societe in NYC.
As far as Ford is concerned, without bringing in some outside agent/booker with some pull the bleeding will continue. Paul Rowland had lost some of his touch and you can argue that he was more interested in trends while losing money for the agency, but look at the campaigns for S/S 2013 and see how many of them have Ford girls in them. All these girls have now left.
I think the real problem is that Ford is owned by a private equity firm. These guys are very top and bottom line focused and they want quick ROIs. They are interested only in profits, not fashion relevance. In two years, Ford has gone through two complete and total changes in management. You cannot run a stable and successful business that way.
At this point, I don't see how any of the more respected booking talent in the industry would be willing to work at Ford unless they throw a truckload of money at them.

Last edited by woemwoem; 11-01-2013 at 12:59 PM.

11-01-2013
V.I.P.

Ruby Jean Wilson: Ford -> DNA

11-01-2013
V.I.P.

welp there went their big girl of last season

11-01-2013
Mr. Magic

Janice Alida: Ford -> Elite NY

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

11-01-2013
windowshopping

Alex Noiret: Ford NY---->?
Ford LA----> Vision

14-01-2013
rising star

Anyone reallllly know what's up with Constance J? She's being promoted by both DNA and Marilyn (via social media too), I know typically these things involve lawsuits and what not but why would Marilyn want to go promoting a girl that left them? Is it some tactic theyre doing? So confusing. DNA wouldn't put her up if she wasn't there willingly...

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

Loulou Robert: MC2 -> IMG NY

14-01-2013
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
Anyone reallllly know what's up with Constance J? She's being promoted by both DNA and Marilyn (via social media too), I know typically these things involve lawsuits and what not but why would Marilyn want to go promoting a girl that left them? Is it some tactic theyre doing? So confusing. DNA wouldn't put her up if she wasn't there willingly...
I guess the reason is pretty simple. I haven't followed the whole story but if she is now with DNA they surely promote her but on the other side her recent materials are most likely all booked by Marilyn so they promote the work they've done. Similar cases happened earlier (I think last one I can remember is Cat McNeil).

14-01-2013
fashion insider

Several models are moving to The Society Model Management, but their site isn't up yet

15-01-2013
Mr. Magic

Janice Alida: Ford --> Oui Paris

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

15-01-2013
fashion elite

I wonder how DNA is going to handle the sudden influx the new girls?They have so many random girls on their board wouldn't it be smarter to cut those and keep your board small and selective?

15-01-2013
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
I wonder how DNA is going to handle the sudden influx the new girls?They have so many random girls on their board wouldn't it be smarter to cut those and keep your board small and selective?
Not sure many agencies are extremely interested in being that small and selective nowadays. Even when you look at the most boutique-looking and image-driven agencies of the big four cities, you can feel a scent of randomness across the board...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching