How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-01-2013
windowshopping

I think all agencies now need to run there companies as a business and pay the bills.. hence the need for bigger boards, and more "random girls". Women of the 90's is not possible anymore..

15-01-2013
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlindo View Post
I think all agencies now need to run there companies as a business and pay the bills.. hence the need for bigger boards, and more "random girls". Women of the 90's is not possible anymore..
That's precisely what I meant... I'm not really thrilled by this idea but (I need to be realistic, for once), this is how things work these days.

15-01-2013
windowshopping

i know, me too ( but there's still a fine line.. very agencies seem to achieve the right balance... currently who does..

15-01-2013
backstage pass

At my own level I ve earned my life and paid my bills from modeling, and I always found quiet amusing to see Rowland's fan and the like, people living in a glamorous dream seeing modeling like as a cool arty activity.
Always find amusing to see some models absolute disaster about income to have 150 pages topics when some other girls making 50 times money than them fail to have just their name featured in any topic.
guys this is a business, it is supposed to make money, I m personally quiet happy to the all the arty clown to be taken out of the business and to see most agencies now more focused on what can makes money and not anymore what sounds just cool or creativ...

16-01-2013
Zenga Zenga

^Well, got to agree with your statements, even if this all-business all-money things are not my cup of tea at all. I truly like Paul Rowland's work as a photographer but have always thought of him as an overrated agent.

Back to the main topic of the thread, and as we're talking about business, all these current switches and moves and changes or whatever you still can call them look more like a plague to the business than anything else. How can these people think of making money when all gets so random and totally lack of any stability? (Though I know some of you will say there are agencies that will always escape from all these shakes and quakes, are stable and invoicing well for years).

16-01-2013
trendsetter

Constance Jablonski catfight. I thought it was strange when Marilyn did not take her down off their site and continues to tweet promoting her work. Now the lawsuits begin. Not sure why if bookers left in Paris, why she would leave her ny agency who made her since 2008.
Contracts are signed for a reason and she is too big an earner with almost 2 years left to allow to leave so easily. They did not to this with Eniko when she left last month for DNA.
Looks like they are looking for loopholes regarding payment to Constance to void it.

16-01-2013
backstage pass

It has nothing to do with her Paris agency. Agents have left Marilyn NY.

16-01-2013
front row

Story about the Constance situation in the Daily Mail today:

Quote:
Rival agencies fight over Victoria's Secret model Constance Jablonski in $3.3m 'poaching' lawsuit

Victoria’s Secret model, Constance Jablonski, is facing a $3.3million lawsuit after she violated her contract with Marilyn Model Management, leaving them for a competing company last month.

DNA Model Management is being accused of poaching the 21-year-old model, who is currently the face of Estée Lauder, from Marilyn, according to the suit filed yesterday Manhattan Supreme Court.

The French native began her career with Marilyn in 2008, and a few months after making her first appearance in the Victoria's Secret runway show in 2011, signed an exclusive contract with the agency through September 2014.

Marilyn is taking credit for turning Miss Jablonski from 'a virtually unknown model,' into an international star who sits at the front of a Top 50 Models list, tripling her earnings from 2009 to 2012.

As well as booking campaigns with Givenchy, Burberry, Dior and Calvin Klein, she was also one of the youngest models 'to ever sign a multi-million-dollar cosmetics contract' with Estée Lauder.

On Marilyn's books, Miss Jablonski earned approximately $1.8million a year, according the New York Post, with the agency taking ten to 20per cent commission.

Marilyn hopes to prevent Miss Jablonski from working with DNA, accusing the rival agency of 'unlawfully attempting to seize the coveted relationships that Marilyn has created and fostered for Jablonski.'

The suit added: 'DNA’s wrongful conduct is for the purpose of destablizing Marilyn’s business, and causing irreparable damage to its image (and) reputation,' claiming future models are hesitant to sign after Miss Jablonski’s departure.

Miss Jablonski’s attorney, Bennett Krasner, has publicly accused her former agency of erroneous advice and counsel, including failure on several occasions to collect payment on jobs the model completed, while neglecting its best efforts to book jobs for Miss Jablonski.

He explained to the New York Post: 'At the beginning of her career, she loved working with Marilyn. Unfortunately, all of the people she worked with closely have left. She loves her new agency. It’s very supportive.'

Mr Krasner said the two agencies had attempted to resolve the dispute amicably before Marilyn Model Management filed the lawsuit.

Miss Jablonski, hoping to clear the air, used several tweets to formulate a statement this morning.

She wrote: 'With a New Year comes new beginnings. After my bookers, many of those I began with at Marilyn and my dearest Marilyn Gaultier left the... agency this past year, I decided to move on to DNA.

'I'm very excited with the move and I hope you are too!! Wishing all my friends from.... Marilyn all the best with their new beginnings. Thank you to all of you followers and fans, for always supporting me!!
dailymail.co.uk

16-01-2013
trendsetter

Only 2 agents left Marilyn ny recently and they went to Society so why not go there? With estee lauder, vs and 2 vogue covers in 2013, its hard to say they werent getting her jobs.
Constance tweeted Marilyn G. Left Marilyn Paris . Was their a news story on this? Why did she leave?

18-01-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Only 2 agents left Marilyn ny recently and they went to Society so why not go there? With estee lauder, vs and 2 vogue covers in 2013, its hard to say they werent getting her jobs.
Constance tweeted Marilyn G. Left Marilyn Paris . Was their a news story on this? Why did she leave?
I agree, this is baloney. She just got poached and probably wanted something fresh and is now finding excuses. From what I know only 2 agents did leave and she didn't follow them to The Society because her intentions were not to follow any of her agents. Marilyn G had sold the company a while ago if I'm not mistaken and was just working there. Probably similar to what Paul Rowland did with Women and then wasn't happy there and left. I've noticed a few changes going on in Marilyn Paris with girls leaving, but nothing much with the NY office, asides Constance and Eniko.

DNA has turned into quite the poacher lately it seems. Funny, when just a few years ago they were losing girls from other poachers and from an agent that left. Assuming they remember the feeling, they sued the crap outta those who their girls left to. What makes them think they can "solve" the dispute by probably giving Marilyn some commission when Marilyn can just sue for over 3 million, which seems well worth like more than what Miss Jablonski makes in a year

Oh NY agencies, when will you all (and it's girls) stop playing musical chairs.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

Madelen de la Motte: IMG Paris -> Ford Europe
Marlena Szoka: Viva Paris -> Ford Europe

23-01-2013
trendsetter

Lindsey Wixson and Mackenzie Drazan are not on Marilyn NY site. Since both with Elite Paris. They are probably going to Society.

24-01-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Lindsey Wixson and Mackenzie Drazan are not on Marilyn NY site. Since both with Elite Paris. They are probably going to Society.
What's to say they don't end up at DNA?? Constance J and Eniko M are there...

25-01-2013
trendsetter

Cuz they are both with elite paris and the head of society came from Marilyn so everything sort if fits but time will tell.��

28-01-2013
fashion icon

Article on Abbey Lee leaving Chic http://www.frockwriter.com/2013/01/w....html?m=1#more

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching