How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-12-2010
Rhoda Addict

I'm agree partly. I'm sure she wanna change her Perfomance in Hugh fashion since she is doing little thing in it and IMG loves being commercial so

28-12-2010
User Friendly

IMG keeps like a billion barely working girls on their main & development board so I can't imagine IMG dropping Hilary unless she did something completely out of character of course (ie repeatedly slapping Ivan Bart with a leather JPG handglove in the face cartoon style).

So the previously stated theory sounds very plausible, she definitely is no longer a main star on IMG's board (even with her beauty contract), so I can see her wanting a new team to "re-invigorate" her career.

28-12-2010
Rhoda Addict

In fact she has said 2011 gonna be a year full of things to look forward to so let's see

29-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
IMG keeps like a billion barely working girls on their main & development board so I can't imagine IMG dropping Hilary unless she did something completely out of character of course (ie repeatedly slapping Ivan Bart with a leather JPG handglove in the face cartoon style).

So the previously stated theory sounds very plausible, she definitely is no longer a main star on IMG's board (even with her beauty contract), so I can see her wanting a new team to "re-invigorate" her career.

I guess it is what she expects but for me she has more to loose than to win.
IMG will not loose much, as they will still get money from her beauty contract whichever agency she goes, beside that they anyway dont count on her anymore to bring more stuff.
Such kind of beauty contract is IMG main goal, when they get a girl to sign something like that, they prefer to start to put her gently away from fashion, and if possible to put her in medias stuff, things that only IMG has the inside connection to do, see Tyra Banks as a perfect example.

so if she switch, yeap, she might get a bit a revival here and there during a few months, but she miss the opportunity to start to be managed for "after" modeling by almost the only agency who can really do it...

not a very clever move i would say...

29-12-2010
Rhoda Addict

Isabeli left IMG for Women & been very successful move so I hope Hilary gets the same. Let's see!

29-12-2010
V.I.P.

So if Hilary switches from IMG Models to agency XXX, will IMG Models still receive the whole remuneration and take off their comission for the exclusive contracts they wrangled for Hilary? So IMG won't close down their "subaccount" for Hilary as long as she's bound to Estee Lauder by contract?

29-12-2010
V.I.P.

Marilyn NY intrigues me when it comes to contracts and model management; they do not have a big, big board but they scored some sweet deals for their models, namely Arlenis, Liu and Constance's cosmetics deals. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will do even better and spread some of their contract / campaign magic dust on Eniko.

29-12-2010
V.I.P.

But they seem to have quite a high "reject rate", no?... Anya K, Hanna R, Tabea K, Alisa M, Rel D, Katlin A, Taylor K, Tetyana did all together not last longer than 1 or two seasons.

29-12-2010
V.I.P.

^ True but is that a higher than average rate?

ETA:
Also, if they go for big deals / contracts, then there are only so many of them to go around. I see your point and I think it is valid, but then the answer may be for them to have an even smaller board. Aren't most of these models still on their board? Of course I don't know for sure, but that may mean that they are still working but are doing lower profile work.

Also, if Alisa M is Alyssa Miller, then she is The Guess Girl and is on par or just a step below the contract girls that I mentioned previously.

Last edited by agee; 29-12-2010 at 03:03 PM.

29-12-2010
V.I.P.

i'm curious. what happens to a model's contract with a high profile client like Estee Lauder if they switch agencies? surely the old agency wouldn't just fork over the money/contract to the new agency....?

would the new agency make any money off of the model's old campaigns if they were still going on?

29-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Also, if Alisa M is Alyssa Miller, then she is The Guess Girl and is on par or just a step below the contract girls that I mentioned previously.
No, I was talking about Alisa Matviychuk.

29-12-2010
User Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
i'm curious. what happens to a model's contract with a high profile client like Estee Lauder if they switch agencies? surely the old agency wouldn't just fork over the money/contract to the new agency....?

would the new agency make any money off of the model's old campaigns if they were still going on?
From my understanding the agency that brokered the deal/contract keeps their cut from the contract. So if say.. Hilary were to switch to Marilyn, Marilyn will not see any Estee Lauder contract money via Hilary unless the contract expires and the renewal negotiations are handled under Marilyn.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

29-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
From my understanding the agency that brokered the deal/contract keeps their cut from the contract. So if say.. Hilary were to switch to Marilyn, Marilyn will not see any Estee Lauder contract money via Hilary unless the contract expires and the renewal negotiations are handled under Marilyn.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong
You're right.
And even in some case, it is linked to the client and not the contract length, so the "ex" agency can still get at least a part of commissions even of new contract dealt by the new agency.
of course all contract are lightly different, but obviously when millions dollars contracts it is not signed on just 1 page deal, and agencies protect their revenue well.

i guess in this case, she is not dropped and she does not leave in a bad way, just she expectx still to get jobs around EL, IMG is not very interested to provide her anymore those jobs, so they just dont agree about that, and IMG dont care much if she goes elswehere as they will still get the big money anyway....

03-01-2011
front row

This may be old news (if news at all) but did Natalia V leave DNA?

03-01-2011
fashion elite

^No, she's still on the website.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, agencies, february, models, november, switching