How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2005
Lea
fashion insider

Daniela Urzi and her parents

from danielaurzi.com

22-07-2005
Lea
fashion insider

Anna Jagodzinska and her mom

22-07-2005
V.I.P.

Genetics is such a weird thing. My grandma is only 4'10 and yet my grandpa was 6'0, so ppl from my dad's side of the family were around 5'6-7ish. My mum's 5'1 but her brothers are like 5'10ish. So genetics isn't really doing me any favours...I'm a measley 5'3...

23-07-2005
rising star

Helena Christensens mother in the first two, and then her father aswel in the third picture:p

Last edited by tootty1986; 23-07-2005 at 07:30 AM.
23-07-2005
V.I.P.

I'm pretty sure this is Gemma Ward's Mum with Sophie Ward

Gemma's Dad is REALLY tall and there mum is tall too..but not REALLY tall. Gemma wasn't "TALL" till after she was like 15. Her younger brothers aren't tall yet either and they are 14..or 13. I'm not sure about when Sophie Ggrew but she's like 6ft now.

Last edited by acester; 23-07-2005 at 09:59 AM.
23-07-2005
rising star

Sophie Ward really looks like her mum......

24-07-2005
rising star

Christy Turlington and her mum and dad

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

I think you have to take into consideration the age difference between the kid and the parents. When the parents were younger, they probably look A LOT more like their kids do at that age.

24-07-2005
backstage pass

Leticia and her mother Elvira

25-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
I think you have to take into consideration the age difference between the kid and the parents. When the parents were younger, they probably look A LOT more like their kids do at that age.
True true

28-07-2005
front row

according to a former teacher of mine, many (female) models can attribute their height to having an extra x chromosome per cell. it's called triple x syndrome, i think, and these women are generally tall and slim. i know it's an actual genetic abnormality, but whether it accounts for supermodels is debatable.. thought it was kinda interesting, though. being only 5'4, i could have used those extra x's.

29-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaKorbut
This is Adina's father
He's an actor, hence the crazy pic.
that picture is too brilliant, love it

scenester

This topic is really interesting.

As for the whole genetics thing, it is rather strange, both in terms of height and appearance.

The men on my mother's side of the family are about 6' or 6'1". The men on my dad's side are pretty short, about 5'8 or 5'9". I'm about 5'11", so I guess I got in between the two.

As for physical traits... for some odd reason I notice a lot of guys who look like their moms and a lot of girls who resemble their fathers, has anyone else noticed this???

I personally think I resemble my mom myself...

29-07-2005
V.I.P.

When I was born I resembled my grandmother(dads mum) I little scarily, as a got older from about 3-8 years I looked EXACTLY like my mum did when I she was that age, the only difference was the nose and mines just a smaller more ummm less noticeable nose, seriously we looked EXACTLY the same then from about 9 years onwards I started looking like my grandma(dads mum) again.

According to my mum I look like my grandma as in my DADS mum but my dad doesn't think I do. As for height welll....my mums cousins are all 6ft girls and boys and the rest of my family is average ranging from like 5'3 to 5'11

genetics is seriously weird!!!! When I see the models and they don't look anything like their parenst I'd like to see a picture of their grandparents when thye were YOUNGER then i'm sure they'd look alike.

29-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG3
This topic is really interesting.

As for the whole genetics thing, it is rather strange, both in terms of height and appearance.

The men on my mother's side of the family are about 6' or 6'1". The men on my dad's side are pretty short, about 5'8 or 5'9". I'm about 5'11", so I guess I got in between the two.

As for physical traits... for some odd reason I notice a lot of guys who look like their moms and a lot of girls who resemble their fathers, has anyone else noticed this???

I personally think I resemble my mom myself...
I've noticed that too!! Until recently, ppl say that I looked like my dad but never like my mum. But now they say I don't look like my dad anymore and more like my aunts. Some say I look like my dad's sister, who died before i was born and so i don't really know what she looked like, and others say I look like my mum's sister....but I'd say I look like myself:p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, parents