How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

I think she's bending her knees though

15-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
^ Benjamin is an inch or two shorter than most models but it doesn't matter because he's hot as hell and can carry off any outfit imo But I'm not sure about Sigrid being short, she always looks the same height as most models, I don't know what you're basing that on?
I'm basing that on the fact that I've worked backstage at over 70 shows and Im 6ft so that's a great height for determining other models height. Sigrid without heels was no taller than 5'9. Her proportions are outstanding so although far away she looks 6ft tall, when you walk past her she's quite short for model standards. Benjamin eidem was my same height maybe half an inch shorter. But like you said earlier, hes unbelievably good looking and even looks Photoshopped in person.
Posted via Mobile Device

15-03-2013
fashion insider

^ You're so lucky to have seen Benjamin and Sigrid in person, that's all I have to say. I don't care about models' height even though that is an important factor for their jobs. Actually, I don't care about height in general since I have a crush on someone shorter than me Being attractive is totally different than being tall imo

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ I really wish I could say the same but I'm like 6'1.5" and I just feel awkward with any guy under 6'0" I don't know what it is. But I really don't care how tall a model is as long as their work is good.

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz2992 View Post
\
qemmanu.tumblr

we have already discuss about Cara's height but this picture was quite impressive, we cant tell if they are wearing heels or not, but as far as i know Hanne is 5'10" and Kasia is listed as 5'10.5" but Cara looks extremely tiny, almost like a fan taking a picture with it's fave models
Yeah I couldn't believe this picture, although Cara's instagram pictures with Jourdan and Karlie show the same thing. I think she doesn't care about hiding it in pictures she posts herself now that she's so famous and it doesn't matter anymore.

25-03-2013
front row

Georgia May Jagger wearing heels (listed as 5'7") with Lily Donaldson wearing heels (listed as 5'10" and Jourdan Dunn wearing sneakers (listed as 5'10.5")

modelinia

And she looks even shorter than Kate on this one

la-modella-mafia

Last edited by stamonopkaward; 25-03-2013 at 02:14 AM.
25-03-2013
V.I.P.

I believe she is only around 5'5"ish

25-03-2013
front row

Lara Stone wearing heels (listed as 5'10") with Jessica Stam wearing flats (listed as 5'10")

Jessica's footwear during the event:

wireimage

Here's Jessica compared with Doutzen Kroes (listed as 5'10") and Noemie Lenoir (listed as 5'9") on the same event.

newshopper.sulekha

How tall do you guys think Lara really is?

25-03-2013
front row

I think Lara might be somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9". Elite listed her as 5'8.5" and 5'9" back in the day. She wears size US 6.5 shoes too so she must be more petite than other models but not by too much because it's not so obvious!

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

I think there are a few issues with that pic of the 3. Stam is in the middle between the two, she's further away from the camera because it's sort of a U shape they formed in that pose. You'd be surprised at how off the perspective a camera can be. Plus she's wearing flats so it further magnifies the height difference between the girls.

26-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I think there are a few issues with that pic of the 3. Stam is in the middle between the two, she's further away from the camera because it's sort of a U shape they formed in that pose. You'd be surprised at how off the perspective a camera can be. Plus she's wearing flats so it further magnifies the height difference between the girls.
I think if Stam wore heels, she would be about the same height at Doutzen, which is a good 5'10" albeit on the taller end of 5'10"/5'10.5".

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

I agree, I think Stam is def one of the taller girls. Her problem is she doesn't look it. She's not all torso like some models, but she's not quite that leggy either. Whereas Doutzen is legs for days.

26-03-2013
front row

Well I was actually kind of focusing more on Lara I just posted her picture with Stam then Stam's picture with Doutzen and Noemie just to show a comparison of how tall Lara will look like next to 5'10" Doutzen and 5'9" Noemi I have no doubt Stam is 5'10" - 5'10.5" (Shes listed as 5'10.5" by IMG)

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Why does is seem that all the shorter models in the industry (Bambi Northwood-Blyth, Anja Konstantinova, Teresa Oman, Zippy Seven) are based in Australia??? Am I the only one noticing this?

front row

Yes I notice that too but what about Hannah Holman (an inch taller than Bambi), Charlotte Free and Rosie Tupper who is Australian? Do they reside in their home towns also?

Last edited by Mariann; 10-04-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, models, tall