How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusFinch View Post
Does anyone know Imogen Morris Clarke's REAL height?
5'10ish right?
Someone told me she was 172ish which seems very wrong so I wanted to confirm I misheard them.
Has anyone seen her recently?
Few years ago I read an interview where she said she was 172 when she got signed (she was 13 years old I think), but she eventually grew taller- 178cm.
I haven't heard anything new about her, nor checked her tfs thread, but she always wanted to dedicate herself to school... She wasn't so keen on modeling in the first place.

22-10-2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
So many young girls dream of becoming models but don't meet the requirements listed on agency websites. My theory is that there is somewhat of a "witch-hunt" mentality especially on the internet as to speculate which successful models don't meet those requirements. It's a way try and make a statement that girls who don't meet requirements have an equal chance at modeling just like their favorite VS Angel. It makes girls feel better because modeling standards are often considered rare and unachievable...

But like you suggested, isn't the whole point of fashion modeling the fact that models are in the upper echelon of physical requirements? That they're essentially physical dreams and fantasies? Height cannot be controlled or chosen and industry standards weeds out 98% of the population. The remaining 2% are the Kate Mosses, Hannah Holmans, Bambi etc who have everything but the height.
That is not a witch hunt mentality.

Personally, I get annoyed when people who are 5'4" make FB pages of themselves as models. I mean, it's one thing if you an INSANE face and body proportions while being short (it DOES happen), but when you have the most generic facial features accompanied by a stature about 5 inches too short, there is a problem.

I mean, people throw around the term "model" way too loosely. There are some girls who just look like models despite their height. I've seen Amanda Norgaard in real life and she was DEF short, but something about her was so captivating.

Of course, people like to view themselves as exceptions to the rule which is ridiculous. If you get scouted as a shortie, that's great, but at the same time, realize that there are SO many girls who hit that physical requirement who just fail to make it. I mean, it could be any combination of factors, but these short girls make up probably 2% of the working girls today (who can LIVE off their career).

I think it's not that big of a deal for a model to be short, but at the same time these girls should go in hoping for the best, but REALLY having a GOOD back up plan.

I just think it's fun to see who is short and how they have come to be where they are. But, as I noticed and mentioned already, most shorties are GORGEOUS (translate: bankable).

Last edited by foreverandnone; 22-10-2013 at 09:12 PM.
24-10-2013
front row

Ruslana with Jessica and Lily

suicideblonde.tumblr

26-10-2013
tfs star

Well, this picture of Lily, Jessica and stunning Ruslana explains its above comment perfectly.

27-10-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandnone View Post
I've seen Amanda Norgaard in real life and she was DEF short, but something about her was so captivating.
Is Amanda really 172 like Miranda or shorter?

27-10-2013
V.I.P.

I'm more surprised Lily is that tall, she doesn't look it.

28-10-2013
-

Quote:
Is Amanda really 172 like Miranda or shorter?
I'd say more around 168/5'6". She is built VERY small though, so she looks way taller than she is.

29-10-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandnone View Post
I'd say more around 168/5'6". She is built VERY small though, so she looks way taller than she is.
Thank you.

If you google "Amanda Norgaard height" the results from agencies range from 172-176. It's so silly when in interviews she discusses her height and then they list her as over 5'9.....

29-10-2013
-

Quote:
Thank you.

If you google "Amanda Norgaard height" the results from agencies range from 172-176. It's so silly when in interviews she discusses her height and then they list her as over 5'9.....
I think its cause she could pass in photos as being 5'9"/175. Bookers will only change the height to reflect less of a lie ( 5'8"/173 maybe ) if a client complains. She is usually listed as 173 tho. But, you can tell in backstage shots shes v short compared to the other girls.

12-12-2013
backstage pass

Anais Mali in killer heels vs. Magdalena F in flats + leaning back a bit, and they still manage to be the same height.

modelsjam.com

V.I.P.

Aiden Andrews listed at 6'2" right behind Vanessa @ 1:34 and doesn't seem that much taller than her.

And the height difference between Frida and Anne @ 1:41 is just crazy.

12-12-2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFavorite View Post
Anais Mali in killer heels vs. Magdalena F in flats + leaning back a bit, and they still manage to be the same height.

modelsjam.com
I think she is around 5'6" - 5'7"ish? Here she is in heels with 5'10" Melodie Monrose (who isn't standing up straight...neither is Magda in the picture you posted)

tumblr/kurlykinkykeekers

12-12-2013
backstage pass

I guess you are right. Given that Magda is 5'11 1/2 minus inch for leaning, and Anais wears 4 inch heals. At first I thought she was 5'7 straight, but she could easily be a bit shorter than that.

Last edited by MyFavorite; 12-12-2013 at 03:18 PM.
12-12-2013
V.I.P.

I always thought Magda was a solid six-foot?

Either way who cares how tall Anais is with a face like that.

12-12-2013
backstage pass

Yes I supposed Magdalena is about that tall, but it's not confirmed so... Anyway Anais can't be taller than 5'7,that was the point.Which ofc doesn't matter, cause she's a beauty, but it's fun to discover how many agencies falsely state models height

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, models, tall