Models Who Aren't That Tall #2 - Page 40 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
26-02-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
^ great job! Alena maybe under 5'7". She has said she is too short to do runway but got lucky here and has good proportions. I guess we take 1 1/2 " off all their listed heights.
Yeah that would be about right actually. Sam 5'9", Marine 5'8" and Alena 5'7".
Would love to see Alena next to Karlie or Kirsi..... .....

Last edited by BoeingGuy82; 26-02-2014 at 08:44 PM.

26-02-2014
V.I.P.

i still don't buy it. You would have to make sure they are all on the same step too. It does look like samantha, in the first photo I posted, was on the higher step, and both marine and alena are on the bottom, but I still highly doubt Marine is 5'8". I'd give her 5'7" at MOST.

I also wonder why Alena who is under 5'7" would be listed as 5'9". That seems like it's excessive. Would be more a 5'8" kind of listing.

26-02-2014
backstage pass

Samantha was on the higher step in the first photo which is why I was prompted to have a closer look because I knew it wasn't really a fair comparison. Yes you're right, the most accurate way to compare them whilst walking is to get them at exactly the same point on their step, which is why I said it was a challenge..

I dunno about that....there isn't 2+ inches difference between Sam and Marine and Sam is 5'9" at the very minimum so I just don't see how Marine being 5'7" is realistic.
Also Marine at 5'7" puts Alena at 5'6" max.....

26-02-2014
trendsetter

Someone who has met Juliana Schurig on post 500 page 35 says she is 5'9" and if you look at the picture on post 492 page 34 with Marine she is about an inch less in flat shoes.

26-02-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Someone who has met Juliana Schurig on post 500 page 35 says she is 5'9" and if you look at the picture on post 492 page 34 with Marine she is about an inch less in flat shoes.
Just saw the pic you're talking about. Looks about right, Juliana 5'9" and Marine 5'8", although Juliana is wearing higher shoes (boots with a small platform heel) and Marine wearing loafers. I assume then that the grass is uneven...

01-03-2014
V.I.P.

I always find it odd though. I always pegged her at 5'9" but then some photos are just showing otherwise, and the info from people who have met her seem to solidify that as well.
Like I said, I thought she was 5'9" but with proportions more in the torso less in the leg

01-03-2014
trendsetter

How tall is Anna Luisa Ewers? She looks short

02-03-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallu View Post
How tall is Anna Luisa Ewers? She looks short
Her show card say 5'9. I'd say she's fairly close to that or a bit shorter.

02-03-2014
holy####ery

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandnone View Post
I always find it odd though. I always pegged her at 5'9" but then some photos are just showing otherwise, and the info from people who have met her seem to solidify that as well.
Like I said, I thought she was 5'9" but with proportions more in the torso less in the leg
Juliana is a shortie. Several people have noted that they've seen her in person and been surprised by how short she is, since her proportions make her seem taller. She's not short short, but she's probably about 5'8" so.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized the quoted post is about Marine, not Juliana. My guess about Juliana still stands though.

JacJab is a huuuuge shortie, I can't believe people haven't mentioned it before. Here she is standing next to Sigrid, who's pretty short herself (listed as 5'9" but many have commented that Sigrid is probably just barely 5'9" or maybe even 5'8"). Jac's in steep high heels while Sigrid is in flat shoes, they're both standing pretty upright, and Jac is just a bit shorter. Based on this picture alone, Jac looks like she could be 5'6". I feel like that can't be right though, she must be something like 5'7" at least. I'll try to find other pictures.

source: stylebythemodels

And look at the shoes she's wearing:

source: stylebythemodels

Last edited by #umero; 02-03-2014 at 02:02 PM.

02-03-2014
holy####ery

And here Jac is in heels next to Alana Zimmer in flats. Alana is listed as 5'11" but even if she is actually 6 foot, that still makes Jac really short. There's at least a 2 inch difference between Jac and Alana in this picture, but let's just say it's 2 inches only. Add another 3-4 inch difference to account for Jac's heels, and you have a 5-6 inch difference between them. Which again would mean that Jac is about 5'6"-5'7".

source: voguetherapy

I refuse to believe Jac is actually that short though, so I'll give her 5'8" - but only just barely.

Last edited by #umero; 02-03-2014 at 02:18 PM.

02-03-2014
holy####ery

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeohRocks View Post
Her show card say 5'9. I'd say she's fairly close to that or a bit shorter.
Eh, I'm not so sure. Anna is probably not as short as some people think she is, but she's definitely short. She's not 5'9" but she's probably something like 5'8" - here she is next to 5'9" Katya and 5'10" Irina, all of them in flat shoes:

I'd say that 5'8" (maybe 5'7.5") for Anna is pretty accurate.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Katya is listed at 5'11…also the angle of the photo is weird.

02-03-2014
backstage pass

^

Jack (sorry - I have to distinguish her from Jac Monika ) hasn't been mentioned because she isn't a "shortie" of Cara D, Hannah Holman proportions..
She's shorter than alot of others but not significantly so.
Sigrid is 177, so she's actually nearly 5'10". She isn't a shortie by any means. Jack is 5'8", she's about the same as Anna Selezneva and Anabela Belikova.

That photo backstage at Dolce & Gabbana is a funny one but I think it's about right. The fact that Jack is slouching slightly and Alana is standing up straight has to be appreciated. (Don't disregard slouching, it lowers height significantly)
Alana is 5'11" solid (180), she isn't 6' but regardless, there's still a difference.
If Jack stood up properly there'd be about an inch difference there.......deduct the height she's gained in those heels against Alana's about 3 inches compared with Alana's 1" and you have it about right....
Standing flat foot next to each other, there's about a 3" difference between Jack and Alana (5'8" to 5'11").

Also, when talking about girls in heels, alot of people forget that the actual height of the heel is not how much taller you're going to be because of the way the foot sits in the shoe.
For example if you're in 5" heels, you'll gain 3" height max but if you're wearing a flat platform, for example a 3" platform sandal where the foot is still flat, you'll gain the height of the heel/platform - if that makes any sense at all
So even though JacJab is wearing 5" heels with Sigrid, she has not gained 5" in height (i.e. she isn't now 6'1" in those shoes).

Last edited by BoeingGuy82; 02-03-2014 at 03:16 PM.

02-03-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by #umero View Post
Eh, I'm not so sure. Anna is probably not as short as some people think she is, but she's definitely short. She's not 5'9" but she's probably something like 5'8" - here she is next to 5'9" Katya and 5'10" Irina, all of them in flat shoes:
#umero that is a horrible photo to try and compare.
Weird camera angle, varying shoe heights, slouching, leaning. There's too much going on.
Irina Kravchenko is 5'11" by the way, I figured that out in her first season.
Katya's about the same.

02-03-2014
fashion icon

Every time I see Sveta Zakharova I think she is much smaller than the rest of the models. Is there a list of all the petite models? Almost all my favorites are always little

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, models, tall