Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
21-08-2011
V.I.P.

Siri is not a one hit wonder, but she is totally runway filler.

21-08-2011
V.I.P.

Bregje Heinen
It's unfortunate because she has such a flawless face and I saw so much potential. She was everywhere for SS10 and then fairly well for FW10 and then came SS11 and the number of top shows declined.

V.I.P.

Bregje Heinen, Lisanne de Jong and also Gwen Loos. Gwen was really wanted for the best runwayshows and then nothing..

about ymre, she wasn't a one hit wonder. She just got back to school, when prada had still interest in her. Now she is back with eds in vogue us, vogue uk, vogue japan and a excl. prada. I think the people that find her story said, didn't really know the situation?

23-11-2011
Mr. Magic

I'd say Mariya Markina. Even her so-called comeback (sometimes last year or this year, can't remember) didn't work.

23-11-2011
fashion insider

Mariya Markina comesback last year, but just walked 3 shows in NY, and now she's agencies are not so good, likes Muse in NY, City in Paris.... such a shame about this girl

25-11-2011
V.I.P.

Bregje just walked the VS runway show, I know a lot of people don't consider it a fashion runway, but it is pretty big for a girl's career.

25-11-2011
trendsetter

Antonella Graef.
She had one successful season and then just disappeared.

User Friendly

Katrin Thorman.. what the heck happened to her? 2 vogue italia covers.. then nothing.

26-11-2011
V.I.P.

^good one. Still wonder about her.

What about Cato van Ee? Can we consider her as a one hit wonder? In Holland it was the next doutzen kroes etc. Big thing with prada/miumiu excl and d&g campaign. and from there it went all down. Now its just marie claire, elle and flair.

About Bregje: sure it's a big thing and i really hope more comes from it .

Other ons who were supposed to big but it's still really quite around: Nicole Hofman, Nicola Haffmans and Svea Kloosterhof. they were all prada excl. or semi - excl. and now? nothing.

26-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstorm View Post
Antonella Graef.
She had one successful season and then just disappeared.
I would say all of the argentinian girls who really stood out that season Antonella Graef, Dafne Cejas, Tetyana Melnychuk, Carla Gebhart... I haven't heard anything more from those girls

I would also add Anya Kazakova.

V.I.P.

^^Svea Kloosterhof was a worldwide Marc Jacobs exclusive this season, so maybe thats why you haven't seen her as much. We might be able to call her a one-hit wonder if she doesn't score the campaign.........

Has Ranya Mordanova been mentioned? If not we can add her, Kelly Moreira & Theres Alexanderson to this list.
Posted via Mobile Device

26-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
^^Svea Kloosterhof was a worldwide Marc Jacobs exclusive this season, so maybe thats why you haven't seen her as much. We might be able to call her a one-hit wonder if she doesn't score the campaign.........

Has Ranya Mordanova been mentioned? If not we can add her, Kelly Moreira & Theres Alexanderson to this list.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't consider Svea Kloosterhof or Kelly Moreira, because i think they don't even get to be one hit wonder, Svea it's not was never everywhere during one season, and an exclusive i don't think it's enough... and Kelly... i don't even know who she is.

V.I.P.

^Kelly was the black girl in that JPG campaign with Crystal Renn. I personally consider a JPG campaign to be a hit, therefore she is a one hit wonder. She was also heavily talked about when she walked the Lanvin Spring 2009 show.

26-11-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Bregje just walked the VS runway show, I know a lot of people don't consider it a fashion runway, but it is pretty big for a girl's career.
agree 100%

One hit wonders don't book the VSFS, so Bregje is not a one hit wonder. One hit wonders are girls who have fallen off everyones radar after a big booking, there is more hype around Bregje more then ever.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
^good one. Still wonder about her.

What about Cato van Ee? Can we consider her as a one hit wonder? In Holland it was the next doutzen kroes etc. Big thing with prada/miumiu excl and d&g campaign. and from there it went all down. Now its just marie claire, elle and flair.

About Bregje: sure it's a big thing and i really hope more comes from it .

Other ons who were supposed to big but it's still really quite around: Nicole Hofman, Nicola Haffmans and Svea Kloosterhof. they were all prada excl. or semi - excl. and now? nothing.
Oh wow, totally forgot about Nicole Hofman...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, onehit, wonders