How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
I'm still praying for Nyasha, I don't think any sane human being would be able to get that image of her at Versace Spring 2012 out of their heads.
Wasnt she amazing!! I think its impossible to get that image out of your head. The way she flicked her hair back, the way she walked and started at the camera. That was a divine runway moment. So yes pray for nyasha!! Shes awesome

27-02-2013
front row

And I also wouldn't count elza as a one hit wonder yet. Remember people these girls are younger than you think. Elza is 16 and has a life outside of modeling. She's a child and may have just slowed down a bit to focus on school and becoming a young woman. Same with nyasha and katryn whom are also not yet adults

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiki View Post
Elza is in the same boat as Katryn, I think... they just aren't with the right agency. you can kind of compare between Elza and Nadja Bender... they started out at the same time, and look where Nadja ended up (huge success) and where Elza ended up...
I agree! IMG is one of the worst agencies in managing new girls. They seem to just focus on their Lara's, Daria's and Karlie's.

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I completely forgot about Frida Aasan.
IKR. This has to be one of the worst ones, imo. Like, Frida is so flawless and that face is mesmerizing and yet she's so underrated and not being used for fantastic editorials, runways, etc. Sigh.

V.I.P.

^Yes, its sad that we don't see Frida more often, she's totally gorgeous!

01-03-2013
TNF
front row

For some reason, almost all designers choose the same kind of face at the same time. And if you don't fit that look, there's not much room for you (maybe in a catalogue, if your face is commercial enough).

V.I.P.

Is it too early to say Jasmine Tookes? I'm rooting for her so hard but I don't see her career going where it should be.

04-03-2013
trendsetter

^I wouldn't count her out just yet. her career has simmered down, but not so much that she's completely gone, thank god.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiki View Post
^I wouldn't count her out just yet. her career has simmered down, but not so much that she's completely gone, thank god.
Okay I'm glad no one agreed with me! Her face is too stunning to fade away.

05-03-2013
fashion elite

Whenever i think about this thread, i've always thinking about Josefine Rodermans. She made a quite strong debut by opening & closing both CK resort & rtw shows, which led her to much more bigger shows in her debut season and that's it! Now she's nowhere to be seen

V.I.P.

she was too bland to make it far, imo

05-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuchan92 View Post
Whenever i think about this thread, i've always thinking about Josefine Rodermans. She made a quite strong debut by opening & closing both CK resort & rtw shows, which led her to much more bigger shows in her debut season and that's it! Now she's nowhere to be seen
I have to sadly agree with you, dyeing her hair blond didn't help either. I might have to say the same for Laura Kampman.

05-03-2013
backstage pass

What about Aiste-Regina Kliveckaite ? After D&G FW 11.12 campaign she hadn't any big campaigns or shows. Sad, because she is soooo beautiful. Her walk really impresive. I seen her in show, here in Lithuania. Amazing girl....

05-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
Is it too early to say Jasmine Tookes? I'm rooting for her so hard but I don't see her career going where it should be.
There's no way she could be considered a one hit wonder. You have to remember, Jasmine started out as a commercial girl (Sports Illustrated!) and a very successful one and transitioned into HF recently. She seems to bounce back and forth. I don't see her disappearing in anyway.

I find that girls who end up one hit wonders are very high fashion types who are somewhat bland or not striking/different enough compared to other new faces.

05-03-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoiste View Post
What about Aiste-Regina Kliveckaite ? After D&G FW 11.12 campaign she hadn't any big campaigns or shows. Sad, because she is soooo beautiful. Her walk really impresive. I seen her in show, here in Lithuania. Amazing girl....
I agree! I keep hoping for a comeback.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, onehit, wonders