How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2013
front row

I think Lea T may be the biggest one hit wonder of all time. Melissa stasiuk is also slipping through the cracks :/
Posted via Mobile Device

14-03-2013
V.I.P.

I almost completely forgot about Melissa tbh...

15-03-2013
backstage pass

Lea T...Models.com completely went over board hyping her based on one Givenchy campaign when it was obvious that a small handful of designers/editors were interested in her mainly for her novelty/shock value. Lea was really just a mild appropriation of Jamie Bochert.

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

Melissa booked two campaigns (Stefanel and H&M) and seemed to just skip fashion week this season. hardly a one-hit especially with Stefanel seeing as how Daria had it and then Karlie right after

16-03-2013
V.I.P.

^She could be a two-hit wonder. Agnete Hegelund has made that possible...

17-03-2013
fashion elite

Sojourner Morrell, may I say her name now? I thought she didn't show up this season, and it seems she did a full pack.

18-03-2013
V.I.P.

Yeah Sojourner's career kind of died down, but she did some shows at least, Zac Posen, Paul Smith, House of Holland, Roksanda Illincic, etc. But it is true her runway career isn't really going anywhere big right now.

14-05-2013
_____

Hannah Noble - Prada S/S 2011 exclusive but things never really escalated after that.

Jemma Baines. She has always been one of those random Chanel girls that doesn't walk any other major shows.

And it's probably too early to mention her, but Tamara Weijenberg was photographed with Ji Hye in Paris so I'm guessing she was probably going to be an exclusive but was dropped from Miu Miu last season.

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
Hannah Noble - Prada S/S 2011 exclusive but things never really escalated after that.
Which is a pity because she's so intense and truly one of a kind.

14-05-2013
fashion icon

A lot of the Louis Vuitton F/W 12 cast have become one hit wonders: Magda Languige, Franzi Mueller, Ros Georgiou, Hedvig Palm, Erjona Ala & Marina Heiden.

There is still hope for Marte Mei van Haaster, Elena Bartels & Mackenzie Drazan. Julia Nobis is the only who truly made it after that, & while Marie Piovesan got last season's Dior campaign, it seems like she is already fading.

14-05-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Coco Rocha- I know it may have seemed like she has was on top for a while, but it was only like 3 seasons. I wonder why her career declined?

Oh, and I also predict that Lindsey Wixson will be on this thread in a year.
I can't believe I said this last year.

14-05-2013
_____

I wouldn't call Hedvig a one-hit wonder though. She's not one of those models who do a hundred random shows for like 2 seasons and then fall from obscurity. Underrated, yes, then again, it seems like being underrated apparently also means fading...

Oh yeah, I'd like to add Anna Martynova who went from Dior to unknown shows last season.

14-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
A lot of the Louis Vuitton F/W 12 cast have become one hit wonders: Magda Languige, Franzi Mueller, Ros Georgiou, Hedvig Palm, Erjona Ala & Marina Heiden.

There is still hope for Marte Mei van Haaster, Elena Bartels & Mackenzie Drazan. Julia Nobis is the only who truly made it after that, & while Marie Piovesan got last season's Dior campaign, it seems like she is already fading.

Marc Jacobs has not exactly had a great track record in making stars out of the girls in either his or LV's campaigns. Other designers seem to have no interest in following his lead when it comes to his choice of models, unlike with Miuccia or Alexander Wang. Ruby Jean Wilson has received no traction or momentum from the LV/MJ campaigns.

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

I think its because Miuccia and Alexander are loyal to their models and dont just pick the next possible hot thing. I think both of those designers develop relationships with their favorites and use them multiple times which is something I dont think Marc does

14-05-2013
_____

Ehem ...Lily McMenamy. Give her 15 minutes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, onehit, wonders