How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bontempi View Post
IMO almost all girls who want and need to finish school but start off with an important campaign at a young age do risk to become a onehit wonder. The industry is simply not willing to wait and to celebrate the beauty at a later stage of the models young lives. If a girl is hot than she is hot at that moment only - no matter how "classical" the type is. Of course there are exceptions but they are very rare. It's pretty sad since there is so much more talent out there which has enough potential to stay for a long time after school but the fashion people don't give them the possibility and declare them as an old pair of shoes quickly if being unavailable for whatever reason. But this whole scoop has possibly something to do with the new media and ways of communication as well - nowadays important news are massive and all of the place but will be forgotten quickly since the next important news will follow soon to sell the media. In the 90ies everyone communicated by smoke sign with each other. Compcards were faxed if it was urgent! The forms of communication were so slow that no one even realized when someone was out of the business for some months.....gimme back my Telex........LOL
^You're pretty much right. And it's not stabilizing either, it'll go faster even untill saturation. This will eventually kill a large part of the modelling business as we know it. Strategy gets more and more difficult. It's almost insane how fast new faces are being churned out and how much real talent is declared literally 'last season'.
In regards to Prada and this thread; I cant help to think there's a devilish side to Prada's seemingly recent casting strategy. Intellectual explanation would be that Miucca is 'commenting' on bontempi's point. Cynical me is thinking she's playing a starmaking power game. Who will she star next season? Who will she keep? We know she knows. And besides that, they don't cost a fortune. We also know Prada can use the money.

26-07-2011
fashion insider

Daiane Conterato after Akris by Steven Klein... :S

27-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
For me the list would have models that created great expectations with one season, but who never filled it, like:
- Myf Shepherd
Read this post.

28-07-2011
TNF
front row

I noticed already the Bregje Heinen thread became very quiet, after a busy year. She was everywhere, one year ago.

Sad, I would have like to see more of her. Don't know what happened; maybe her kind of face is simply out of fashion.

backstage pass

Masha Tyelna is the first name that comes to mind. I miss her so much!

30-07-2011
backstage pass

^^ I agree with you 100% on that

30-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNF View Post
I noticed already the Bregje Heinen thread became very quiet, after a busy year.
I totally forgot about her, she's the definition of one hit wonder model, i also agree with Masha Tyelna.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNF View Post
I noticed already the Bregje Heinen thread became very quiet, after a busy year. She was everywhere, one year ago.
Quite a bunch of the SS10 girls dissapeared, unfortunately ...

rising star

Amanda Laine

Taryn Davidson

fashion insider

Daiane Conterato one of them!!! just blue ship show and what???? such a shame about this girl!!

03-08-2011
backstage pass

Amanda Laine and Diane Conterato were not one season wonders. Their success lasted several seasons and DC still shows up on Miuccia Prada's runway fairly consistently. They certainly weren't like Bregje or Rasa.

Last edited by woemwoem; 03-08-2011 at 08:34 PM.
03-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotstyle View Post
Daiane Conterato one of them!!!
Is this a joke ? I don't think Daine is a one hit-wonder at all, she's been a top catwalker for several season since Spring 2007 to Spring 2011, walking for a bunch of designers, she's done several advertising, maybe not much now as before now, but she's definetely not a one season hit-wonder.

V.I.P.

some people here confuse 'one- hit wonder' and 'underrated', that's really not the same.

06-08-2011
backstage pass

Hanna Rundlof,Diana Farkhullina

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
Is this a joke ? I don't think Daine is a one hit-wonder at all, she's been a top catwalker for several season since Spring 2007 to Spring 2011, walking for a bunch of designers, she's done several advertising, maybe not much now as before now, but she's definetely not a one season hit-wonder.
miss her shes amazing

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, onehit, wonders