How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2011
V.I.P.

Julia Saner was a winner of Elite Model Look in 2009.

31-05-2011
fashion elite

Ming Xi was one of the finalist of EML 2009.

01-06-2011
rising star

Seijo Imazaki:
Quote:
"I went to a lot open calls here in NYC and found an agency (CLICK NY)that was interested in me and they started sending me out right away!!!"

01-06-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochi Chernye View Post
As I recall, Arlenis Sosa wasn't discovered. Didn't she just walk into a modeling agency and got signed at the spot?
No, she was discovered by a designer in her native Dominican Republic who sent her photos to an agency. She signed with them and her career blew up weeks later. Hers really is a 'Cinderella story'.

trendsetter

Does being on a competition mean that a model wasn't discovered? I mean, maybe some were also discovered by someone & let them enter the competition.

04-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
Does being on a competition mean that a model wasn't discovered? I mean, maybe some were also discovered by someone & let them enter the competition.
Exactly. It does not mean that models were not discovered by someone.

05-06-2011
backstage pass

Lindsey Wixson went to an agency.
Sigrid won the French Elite Model Look contest in 2006,
and Constance Jablonski came in as runner up in the same year.
And Arlenis Sosa apparently went to many many different agencies that would hire her.

backstage pass

Sasha wasn't exactly "discovered". Her photographer boyfriend (now husband) sent pictures of her to IMG. Alice Burdeu won Australia's Next Top Model. Ali Michael won a modeling contest. Anja Rubik entered a modeling contest but then was scouted so I'm not sure if that counts. Charlotte Calypso won a modeling contest. Constance and Denisa entered a modeling contest. Dorothea won Elite model look and Eniko won Elite model look.

05-06-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellar Tenement View Post
I thought Abbey was scouted while on a beach with her grandmother? Or something like that... That's the story I seem to recall hearing from her in videos.
It's a bit odd really. I know she won the GIRLFRIEND magazine coversearch, and then she moved to Sydney at some time, after she finished high school I assume? And she got scouted on a beach? But she had some Australian chainstore campaign after the model search so I'm sure she would have been with an agency, maybe she was scouted by a different one? I don't really understand it.

05-06-2011
trendsetter

^well maybe, she was discovered on a beach by an organizer of an event and then won the competition.

Also, the GIRLFRIEND magazine coversearch seems to discover models that actually make it in the real modeling industry. Cat Mcneil won it also, right?

05-06-2011
fashion elite

^She was discovered on a beach at 15 and entered the competition at 17. I'm not sure when they finish high school in Melbourne, but in a lot of Australia it's 17 so she may have finished before the competition.
Alyssa Sutherland, Samatha Harris, Pania Rose, Ruby Rose and Cat McNeil were all finalists or won the Girlfriend competition too. I don't think anyone from the competition has hit it big since Abbey though. Miranda Kerr was discovered in the Dolly magazine competition.

05-06-2011
front row

Quote:
She later went on to win the Australian 2004 Girlfriend Model Search. After high school, in 2005, she moved from Melbourne to Sydney to begin modeling. She lived 100 meters from the beach and it was while at the beach where she got scouted by Chic Management's Kathy Ward.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_Lee_Kershaw

31-01-2012
rising star

02-04-2012
front row

Isabeli Fontana, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lindsey Wixson and Chanel Iman all applied for modelling. I read on Wikipedia and also in interviews on Youtube.

08-04-2012
V.I.P.

^ Not true, Isabeli was discovered while having lunch with her mom in Brazil. Isabeli thought about being a model and was interested. In that same year Elite Model Look took place in Brazil and Sergio Mattos; owner of 40 graus models called her grandma up to convince Isabeli to participate. She went and ended up with the 3 finalists and went to the finals in Nice, France.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discovered, models