How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2011
fashion icon

Do you guys know who Gaye McDonald is? i find her incredibly underutilized in the industry. She could do everything from VI to SI.

01-10-2011
fashion elite

sooo many girls i think are underrated.
-Masha Novoselova (like seriously, why isnt this girl under contract with VS?)
-Alexandra Tomlinson (where the hell is she?)
-Regina Feoktistova (so versatile!)

01-10-2011
V.I.P.

alexandra's career went down with her when she fell at chanel.
Posted via Mobile Device

01-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la Balenciaga View Post
alexandra's career went down with her when she fell at chanel.
Posted via Mobile Device
So one could say, her career took a bit of a tumble.

I agree about Masha Novoselova. I thought she was primed for a HF/VS type career as that of say Chanel Iman. Dunno, why it didn't happen.

V.I.P.

Kori Richardson & Alana Zimmer

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

^100% agree about Kori Richardson

04-10-2011
tfs star

Dana666....Are you posting this guy in every thread? I've seen him in "sweeping the runway S/S12", in "new models to watch" and now here. Seriously?

Anyway back to the real topic, I second Regina Feoktistova, what a gem!

Last edited by Vitamine W; 04-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.
04-10-2011
trendsetter

Kinga

04-10-2011
fashion elite

definitely i think alana is way underrated. it's not fair that she is not a part of vogue at all. which is shame.

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

i think Ana Bela Santos is incredibly underrated. imo she's strong, sexy versatile & just stunning

she started off doing some great shows but she fell off & i've seen her in a lot of great publications some i'm hoping she gets a saskia-esqe revival

09-10-2011
tfs star

Katrin Thormann

09-10-2011
backstage pass

^ Oh yes! And Alana too.. but she did well enough this season no? But Kori takes the cake. She always looks exellent on the runway - you can see her lurking in the background of almost every big show.. but no campaigns, no editorials, no nothing

09-10-2011
trendsetter

Katja Shchekina

10-10-2011
front row

Lakshmi Menon for sure.
Hermes, Max Mara, and Back to back Givenchy campaings in her first 3 seasons and even had a cosmetics contract on the table. Now she barely models. I wonder if designers are over her look? Which is odd b/c she was a JPG fave and one of Tisci's muses.

Bianca Balti also.
I don't know why she doesn't get any major campaigns anymore. She's incredibly beautiful and can do HF and commercial.

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ Lakshmi is a real shame. I remember her being one of those girls who weren't ubiquitous on the runway but always booked great print. US Vogue were really pushing her too . It ticks me off that we don't see any models with Indian backgrounds on the runway, they are so stunning to me. I imagine that the HF industry wouldn't be able to handle that type of conventional beauty though, SMH.

Some ones that pop to mind;

Viktoriya Sasonkina (it's a shame that she doesn't do much 'relevant' work now, but TBH I'm happy that she's probably making more money than before. She had two VI covers, lots of US Vogue eds, was a Meisel muse and shot with McDean and Roversi, so I feel like at least she had a moment in the spotlight).

Naty Chabanenko (such an excellent print model, quirky and unique but not in that pre-pubescent 15 year old way of today. She could do VS and more sexy/commercial work as well as editorial IMO).

Ariel Meredith (she is physically perfect, lovely cat-shaped features. She could have had the career of someone like Joan Smalls, it's a shame that doing SI so soon after her breakout season coupled with bad luck meant she vanished quicker than she appeared).

Georgie Baddiel (I know she was meant to happen but something went wrong along the way. She was definitely poised to join Chanel and Jourdan in the higher ranks of modelling but I guess that whole idea got thrown by the influx of newer models in the VI Black Issue (how I wish that this 'poor' industry could handle more than four black models at a time).

Katrin Thormann (thankfully she still gets support from German Vogue, but another one who suffered from Meisel's ADD).

Sedene Blake (NYMM did do an amazing job booking her all that editorial considering that she barely walked a runway. Shame she couldn't capitalise on her moment, although once again probably not her fault).

Mia Aminata Niara (such a goddess but she's proof that IMG doesn't guarantee a high-level career for all its models).

Bonnie Chen (one of Michelle Lee's rejects; we could really make a list of those).

Hind Sahli (I still have a tiny bit of hope that she will really breakthrough).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
model, underrated