How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2011
fashion icon

Raquel is by far the most versatile model in decades. Maybe even all time.

I think Joan is an extremely versatile model. She can sell just about anything. Just look at how different she looks for all these brands:

Estee Lauder (she has that classically relatable beauty that is perfect for EL)

blogcdn

Roberto Cavalli (she is one of the only models who can pull off this atrocious outfit)

beautyisdiverse

Chanel (she doesn't look as if she is trying to hard. Chanel is all about being naturally chic)

beautyisdiverse

Givenchy (she can switch from demure to fierce very easily as you can see)

nic-e-rock

Gucci (this is probably the best shot of the entire campaign. She looks so expensive)

attheloft

28-12-2011
fashion elite

sorry, but just bc u placed in commercial and hf doesn't really mean you are a versatile model or just bc u placed in different hf campaign doesn't really mean u are a versatile model either. i definitely dont see joan as a versatile model.......at least not yet. she tried for different poses but u dont see that much depth in her poses.

versatile really means that model can clearly evoke different type of emotion or portray different role.

to me the most versatile models of this generation are daria and raquel. they go from being a girly girl, to bossy bitch, to tomboy, to sophisticated, mean, wild, etc..........they can do them all.

if u dont trust me, u can look at literally millions of ed that they were in.

28-12-2011
tfs star

Raquel is the queen of versatility, no doubt about it.

28-12-2011
fashion elite

daria is the QUEEN. this girl has depth in her poses. she can be sexy and womanish then cool and androgynous.....and raquel can't never be like this. :p

28-12-2011
V.I.P.

Linda Evangelista is the chameleon of fashion, hands down. Raquel comes really close too.

V.I.P.

Oh... gave me a good laugh that think that girls like Miranda Kerr, Candice, Adriana and Alessandra = versatile. And chameleons like Raquel and Lara not. It's so funny!

30-12-2011
front row

Joan isn't a very versatile model especially when compared to the likes of MCB, Sasha, Guinevere, Daria, and Raquel.

30-12-2011
fashion elite

i would say RAQUEL, no one can do the things that she does in front of the camera. Also she can be very commercial (one of my favourite girls in VS) but inside the hf world she can whaever you want her to be.

also
Coco, i think she could be even more if she would do VS, but she wont so nevermind
Edita, sexy godess; hf godess
Magdalena, same as Edita

in terms of supers of cours Linda, shes the original chameleon of the fashion world and also Claudia and maybe Naomi

about Lara, shes one of my favourite models but evn when shes not trying to be sexy, shes always sexy and thats the thing...

Last edited by jmrmartinho; 30-12-2011 at 02:18 PM.
30-12-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj36 View Post
Joan isn't a very versatile model especially when compared to the likes of MCB, Sasha, Guinevere, Daria, and Raquel.
You think MCB is versatile? IDK, I have to disagree with you on that one. She is one of my faves and always delivers, but she is always very icy looking. She would never do very well, commercially. I think you need both HF & commercial appeal to be considered versatile.

31-12-2011
fashion elite

mcb is definitely not one of most versatile models. her look is always dark and kinda mysterious.

31-12-2011
fashion elite

you dont need to be commercial and hf to be versatile, you simply need to look like some other person everytime you take a shot

31-12-2011
V.I.P.

TBH I think the most versatile model is Saskia. C'mon guys, you have to be agree with me.......................................... J/K
Raquel Raquel Raquel (She's the queen)

fashion insider

Joan isnt a versatile model! never!!

01-01-2012
hors concours♛

Linda Evangelista. the end.

Also Christy Turlington because she is probably the only model who fits with any time. She can look good in 20s styling,30s,40s,50s,60s,70s,80s,90s and todays. IMO her look is never dated I can hardly tell her new shoots from her old ones. (well despite the awful photoshopping of today). They've even made mannequins molded after her face because its so timeless.

Also I think its double standard to say models who only do hf are "so versatile". Can they rock a sexy bombshell shoot like no other too? If not, than I would not consider them super versatile.

Last edited by michelabella; 01-01-2012 at 10:09 AM.
01-01-2012
Oh Yeah!

Natasha, Raquel, Isabeli.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, versatile