How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
14-01-2012
  46
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: femme
Posts: 743
the synonym of versatile models is Linda - there's no doubt..but very close to her is Raquel..i dont understand why some of you guys put your favorite model in terms of "versatile" if she doesnt versatile??-its childish...i mean,my favorite model is snejana, but i know shes not versatile, come on ppl,you need to rethink before you say somethink stupid or absurd.. -.-''
Posted via Mobile Device


Last edited by kostadinka; 14-01-2012 at 06:59 AM.
  Reply With Quote
 
15-01-2012
  47
An die Freude.
 
candlebougie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostadinka View Post
the synonym of versatile models is Linda - there's no doubt..but very close to her is Raquel..i dont understand why some of you guys put your favorite model in terms of "versatile" if she doesnt versatile??-its childish...i mean,my favorite model is snejana, but i know shes not versatile, come on ppl,you need to rethink before you say somethink stupid or absurd.. -.-''
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah. Maybe people should post some pictures (like Joan on the second page) that are exemplary for the variability of the particular model.

Five or six pictures of the model with totally different looks.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2012
  48
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,216
Alright, I GET IT!!!! You guys don't find Joan to be versatile!!! I didn't just say it because she is one of my favorite models, but because in my opinion, she is actually versatile. She managed to rock all those campaigns I posted, and I think she looks vastly different in all of them. I am aware that she isn't anywhere near the level of Raquel or Linda, but as far as younger models are concerned, she is one of the most versatile to me. Lord, this isn't some type of propaganda tactic to get you guys on team Joan. The thread is called "Most Versatile Models", and I posted someone who I thought filled that quota. You don't have to say my opinion is "stupid or absurd".

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2012
  49
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 845
Raquel is the ultimate versatile model of this working generation of models. There's a reason why Vi had her on the cover with just the text "Versatile."... Daria is good too but not as good as Raquel.

The old school girls are all very versatile model; Linda, Christy, Naomi, Claudia

Joan is indeed a versatile model but she can still use some work. The girl can do strong and dark to sexy to girl next door. People who are saying she isn't just don't want to admit that she is...

  Reply With Quote
19-01-2012
  50
tfs star
 
j.cruz146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
Natasha can be many thing but versatile is not one of them. Her face 75% of the times have the same expression, wish is not bad but shes just not versatile
I wouldn't necessarily say the same expression, just the fact that you can still tell it's her. But isn't that the whole point of a model that can be versatile these days? That you can still take into acount that it is her??

And if you want proof of her versatility, I believe this editorial in her recent Vogue Spain guest editor/dedicated issue defines versatility in itself..

Also all of the campaigns she did this season are so different from each other in terms of name and aesthetic and I think she slayed each and every one of them. They all looked amazing.. And I am a Natasha fan but I also notice that some people always try and knock her no matter what it is..

Arizona Muse is the new Freja Beha of versatility..

__________________
Twitter & Instagram: jcruz146
Fashion comes and fashion goes. But disco? It'll never die

Last edited by j.cruz146; 19-01-2012 at 12:56 AM.
  Reply With Quote
19-01-2012
  51
rising star
 
Gabilan6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Gender: homme
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelo View Post
Joan is indeed a versatile model but she can still use some work. The girl can do strong and dark to sexy to girl next door. People who are saying she isn't just don't want to admit that she is...
TRUE. If anyone doubt about it compare the Chanel ads with this:
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010060...68925441499594

And not only that, there some other things to compare wich demonstrate Joan's versatility


Last edited by Gabilan6; 19-01-2012 at 04:25 AM.
  Reply With Quote
19-01-2012
  52
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madrid
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,156
Marina Perez was very versatile model! great model i think!

  Reply With Quote
19-01-2012
  53
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,216
^Yes, Marina is a versatile model. Her work is always great.

  Reply With Quote
19-01-2012
  54
fashion elite
 
jmrmartinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Portugal
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.cruz146 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say the same expression, just the fact that you can still tell it's her. But isn't that the whole point of a model that can be versatile these days? That you can still take into acount that it is her??

And if you want proof of her versatility, I believe this editorial in her recent Vogue Spain guest editor/dedicated issue defines versatility in itself..

Also all of the campaigns she did this season are so different from each other in terms of name and aesthetic and I think she slayed each and every one of them. They all looked amazing.. And I am a Natasha fan but I also notice that some people always try and knock her no matter what it is..
She basicly has the same expression in all of that editorial photos.
i really like natasha but shes not versatile, people book her because they know what they will get. And people book girls like Raquel simply because they dont know what they will get.

And no, being versatile its not the fact that you can tell its her. its the fact you can change in every single work you do.

  Reply With Quote
20-01-2012
  55
hors concours♛
 
michelabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,600
Agree that the 90s models were very versatile (IMO the most versatile models ever). They did it all and succeeded in all areas. Runway,Covergirls,Editorial,Selling Couture,Selling Pepsi,Selling Beauty etc...Versatility to me goes beyond just how someone photographs in editorial...

I think Gisele used to be versatile. Her work since about 2005 has become very stagnant, because she is mostly hired as "Gisele the person/women/celeb", not "Gisele the model", so not all her fault imo. Her early works and the fact that she's conquered all aspects of modeling I think says a little something.

__________________

Last edited by michelabella; 20-01-2012 at 11:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
20-01-2012
  56
fashion icon
 
valliaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,216
I think Karlie is growing into her versatility. She isn't all the way there yet, but in two years she will be able to do anything, imo.

  Reply With Quote
20-01-2012
  57
V.I.P.
 
alonsoJonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
She basicly has the same expression in all of that editorial photos.
i really like natasha but shes not versatile, people book her because they know what they will get. And people book girls like Raquel simply because they dont know what they will get.
And no, being versatile its not the fact that you can tell its her. its the fact you can change in every single work you do.
did u really said this
i cant imagen some one hiring a model because they do not know what they will get. LMFAO c'mon now

__________________
Anja Rubik,Isabeli Fontana,Natasha Poly
  Reply With Quote
21-01-2012
  58
V.I.P.
 
happycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,624
Linda
Raquel


They're the 2 most versatile models I can think of, if versatile is defined as a sort of chameleon quality.


If it's instead defined as an ability for a model to do both mass-market commercial endeavors and also blue chip high fashion campaigns/editorials/covers, then I think perhaps it's different. Then, there are many more. Obviously all the famous supermodels from the 90s; Linda, Christy, Naomi, Cindy, Claudia, Eva, Stephanie, Helena, Kate.

Then since 2000, I think there's really only Gisele and Karolina that fit that particular definition - but then there's Daria, Natalia and Lara, who are the most important fashion models of the past decade and all quite versatile. some of the new girls like Karlie and Joan have the potential to be like this kind of model.

__________________
Mark me: Rio de Janeiro will be the city of the new decade.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, versatile
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.