How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2005
Muse

I like Kristi & Jenna ... though I don't know who'll win though.

05-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedomega
I didn't say anything about "fashion-worthy". I said they weren't memorable to me, I don't know who's who and no one stands out to me unlike ANTM where I can instantly pick a favorite...
Ah, I see.
And yeah, I know what you mean.

05-01-2005
scenester

Man... I don't think any of those girls can even compare to the current SI girls. Most of them had great bodies, but facially I don't think they are up to par with Daniela Pestova, Petra Nemcova, Elsa Benitez, Veronica Verikova.. etc..

06-01-2005
trendsetter

I saw it and thoght it was boring as hell. How could anyone build a show around cat-fighting wannabe models in bikinis and make it so tedious is beyond me... but there you go.

None of the would-be models impressed me that much, though Alicia resembles Patricia Barros a little, and Adaora is quite pretty in a unique way. In any case, I don't really think ANY of these chicks deserves a $1 million contract!

06-01-2005
offline.

They got rid of a lot of the pretty ones... I didn't find the show notable.. and who was the old bag telling the girls to "work on their moves"...

06-01-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius22
Man... I don't think any of those girls can even compare to the current SI girls. Most of them had great bodies, but facially I don't think they are up to par with Daniela Pestova, Petra Nemcova, Elsa Benitez, Veronica Verikova.. etc..
I cut them a little slack for this... if there were any girls who were as pretty as Petra Nemcova or Elsa Benitez, they'd probably be signed up to agencies already! No way would they try out for a trashy reality show.

But yeah, overall these girls were disappoints... even compared to just regular models-- not even supermodels!

06-01-2005
rising star

this show is like America's Next Top Model meets Are You Hot? (that other reality show)

I love model_mom!

I actually kind of liked the show. I also think that if Alicia can get her body into better shape (as the judges requested) - she has a great chance of winning. She could most definitely model, regardless of whether she wins the SI competition or not. She is gorgeous! I think that they kicked off two of the prettiest girls last night though! It kind of made me mad that they kept a couple of the Paris Hilton looking girls and kicked off one in particular that was beautiful and natural. O-well, that is the way it goes. I will keep watching this show because I like the look of Alicia and I have met one of the judges (Joel). He is actually very nice in person, but definitely speaks his mind.

Alicia

Last edited by Sloan; 06-01-2005 at 01:01 PM.
06-01-2005
backstage pass

alicia's not bad at all...

Away From Here

they all look like two-bit hookers - sorry, that was mean, not a nice way to introduce myself to this forum! okay, they all look like very nice girls, but the models in my delia's catalouge have more range .... and most of the girls looked like they were posing for playboy - that audition is two blocks down girls

06-01-2005
I love model_mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingqueen
they all look like two-bit hookers - sorry, that was mean, not a nice way to introduce myself to this forum! okay, they all look like very nice girls, but the models in my delia's catalouge have more range .... and most of the girls looked like they were posing for playboy - that audition is two blocks down girls
I agree that some of the models did look like hookers, but there are others that I see potential in. Welcome to TFS!

V.I.P.

I hate to be judgemental, but most of them are a little chunky...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adaora_2.jpg (25.0 KB, 10 views)

06-01-2005
backstage pass

I just checked out the website, and those girls look rank. Pretty in their own way I guess, but the kind of pretty you'd find in a dirty smut magazine.

06-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
I hate to be judgemental, but most of them are a little chunky...
Not to mention a little funky in the face

06-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaLove
Not to mention a little funky in the face
I actually like her face in a different way, but I would certainly not be showing off that stomach and those thighs. I've decided now that it's alright for me to be saying this, because after all, it is for a sports magazine. The young women should at least be fit to reflect that image! And really, they could have found a much more attractive group just but walking down the street of any major city.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
competition, illustrated, model, nbc, ports, reality, search, swimsuit