Next Top Model: Successes and Failures - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2009
V.I.P.

oh my she is definitely the biggest success. even bigger than alice with all her eds and campaigns

01-10-2009
!

the American version should just call it a day. none of those girls have made it.

02-10-2009
V.I.P.

^ you can blame Tyra for that. She picks people who would never get a gig if they went to a regular casting.

I believe she's not sincere, she only wants to still see her name in the spotlight by having controversy surrounding her show (ie, picking a plus sized model as a winner, having this season being only about models 5'7" and below, etc) but not exactly producing a winner who could actually move on to become the next top model.

02-10-2009
User Friendly

yeah maybe she is a bit delusional, like her tastes on the show are going to somehow filter into castings in high fashion world..

02-10-2009
fashion elite

I don't think she's delusional, I think she and the other producers just know that the show needs big personalities and stories or else ratings would plummet, and that people like camp and tacky more than hard-faced professionals.

02-10-2009
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

It still comes down to the true definition of a succeessful modelling career. IMO someone that goes to a reality show to become a famous model should expect a more commercial career which is the case on ANTM

fashion elite

Something that bothers me about ANTM contestants is the good ones never really chase it, or chase it in the wrong places, while the ones who are really mediocre do. I feel sorry for the casting directors on ANTM, they have a really hard time finding girls who look modelesque at the open calls.

03-10-2009
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I agree girls like Toccara and Eva the diva are raking in more money than Anya or Heather

V.I.P.

Vanessa Hegelmaier has been doing great lately. She was on the third cycle of GNTM.

V.I.P.

Patricia booked 3 great shows today:

Karl Lagefeld

Dries Van Noten

Sonia Rykiel

style & wwd

Last edited by lanvinray; 05-10-2009 at 05:29 AM.
05-10-2009
V.I.P.

+ 2 more BIG SHOWS!

Celine

Yves Saint Laurent

wwd

06-10-2009
fashion elite

Katazryna Dolinska from ANTM 10 has done quite well for herself, she walked Vanessa Bruno.

06-10-2009
trendsetter

It's sad that ANTM contestants are considered successful when they walk for not so-famous designers who are starting out, but foreign NTM contestants are considered successful when they walk for major designs in NYC, Milan, and Paris like Balenciaga and Yves Saint Laurent. ANTM is lame and Tyra just needs to give up because the fashion industry these days are screaming for the "European" look, not the American girl next door. Don't even get me started with her short models this year, it's a joke. Kate Moss is and will most likely be the only "short" supermodel.

06-10-2009
trendsetter

Oh, and ANTM winners are featured in what for winning? Seventeen magazine? While other NTM winners are featured in their home country's Vogue. Sorry, but in terms of high fashion careers, being in a small country's Vogue is better than Seventeen.

06-10-2009
V.I.P.

^ agree. ANTM is career suicide for anyone who is serious about becoming a model.

The only one I see who's even trying to legitimately make a name for herself is Jaslene Gonzalez. You can literally see her trying to claw her way to the top, she walks for smaller designers cause that's apparently the only gigs she can get, but it hasn't stopped her from trying. Her biggest show to date is walking for Project Runway during NY Fashion Week. I'm actually routing for her and hope to see her in bigger shows. But she's tiny (I think she's only 5'8") so I don't know if she'll ever be successful, but I wish her luck.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
failures, model, successes