Petite and Plus Sized Models - Page 13 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
02-01-2014
backstage pass

3RingCircus posted a great overview of important events that happened in the industry this year. Also, the review has links to posts on notable editorials with plus-size models from the past.
http://runwayrevolution.com/2014/01/2013-in-review/

02-01-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionfan222 View Post
Shannean Gormley has been with IMG for about a year, she's a size 12: http://www.imgmodels.com/details.asp...catID=2&indx=5
Possibly others on the development board as well, I didn't check the entire development section.

Noemi Manser has been with IMG Paris since last January, maybe she will be added to the NY board soon as well.
I would expect that the number of girls will only increase, however it won't be all that easy to simply click on 'Plus division' to see them:

Ivan Bart, the managing director and senior vice president of IMG Models, announced that he is planning to up the agency’s diversity factor by scouting models of all shapes, sizes, ages, races and heights and integrating the talent. Bart told US Cosmopolitan magazine, “We want to be an ageless, raceless, weightless agency.”

This is pretty much how JAG is marketing themselves as well. I hope the girls all keep working and getting top jobs no matter who or how they are marketed. All that is just sales hype anyhow

backstage pass

Thanks for the compliment, fashionfan222

I had completely forgotten to include in that post that Storm Models in the UK (the agency famed for discovering Kate Moss all those years ago) now also has a Curve division, though the models mostly teeter on the wrong side of UK8/10.... So yeah, agencies have zero influence on the size that clients book, right??

(screencap from storm website)

V.I.P.

^ interesting considering Alyona has been back on the Women Milan board for quite some time now, as a straight size.

10-01-2014
backstage pass

Well it wouldn't be the first time agencies have marketed the model as other than their actual size. Or in some cases, had them on both regular and plus boards at different sizes *coughpaddingcough*

backstage pass

Editorial with Justine Legault
http://www.truthandfashion.com/blog/...stine-le-gault

11-01-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionfan222 View Post
Those images are nicely done, but that series looks more like a hair/makeup artist test shoot styled up with accessories. Can't see how claiming 'plus size brands exclusively' adds anything more than hype, but well that's what the industry runs on, innit?

backstage pass

For anyone interested I have updated the agency website listing on RunwayRevolution. These are the industry-recognized agencies that are actively promoting their girls and scoring the work:

http://runwayrevolution.com/1998/12/search-for-agency/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, petite, sized