How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
18-05-2006
  61
windowshopping
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by writergal28
Zion, not if the long, flowing dress is SPECIFICALLY designed for short people. If the entire line is for petite women, with NOTHING that'll fit proportionate people over 5'7, then the dress would look great on someone who is average height.
I totally agree with u...

  Reply With Quote
 
18-05-2006
  62
windowshopping
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by writergal28
Zion, not if the long, flowing dress is SPECIFICALLY designed for short people. If the entire line is for petite women, with NOTHING that'll fit proportionate people over 5'7, then the dress would look great on someone who is average height.
i totally agree with ya...

  Reply With Quote
26-05-2006
  63
windowshopping
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1
As a girl who is 5'2 I would love to see a designer/runway line for petite girls. I love the way I look but shopping can be hard.

  Reply With Quote
26-05-2006
  64
backstage pass
 
luna1576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 808
I'm sure there are lines of clothing (designer) for petite woman but the chances of designers having only short models walk their runways are pretty slim. Maybe there is a designer in the making that will want to do that but when it comes down to it clothes do look better on tall people period. I'm considered short by modeling standards and I would love to see more short models but entire runways shows with short models probably wont happen (imo).

  Reply With Quote
26-05-2006
  65
tfs star
 
MakeUpJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,675
I love Crystal Renn's body. She is my favorite plus sized model.


source on pic

__________________
Naomi hit me- and I loved it!
  Reply With Quote
26-05-2006
  66
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna1576
I'm sure there are lines of clothing (designer) for petite woman but the chances of designers having only short models walk their runways are pretty slim. Maybe there is a designer in the making that will want to do that but when it comes down to it clothes do look better on tall people period. I'm considered short by modeling standards and I would love to see more short models but entire runways shows with short models probably wont happen (imo).
Luna,

This may be true, but will a 5'10 girl even look like she's wearing a pair of "normal" length pants if the sample size is cut specifically for petites? Petite full length pants' inseams are generally 29 or 30 inches long whereas a runway model wears pants that are 34". If the pants are meant to be full length, they shouldn't look like cropped pants on the runway. In any case, petite pants also have shorter rises, which 5'10 runway girls usually don't have. Being petite isn't only a height thing but also a proportion thing. We are not talking about designers who have established regular lines also making petite clothes.

__________________
Shorty Stories (petite issues) & Prospere Magazine (business & lifestyle blogzine)

  Reply With Quote
26-05-2006
  67
backstage pass
 
luna1576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 808
yeah i see your point.

  Reply With Quote
07-06-2006
  68
trendsetter
 
miss artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio, Brazil
Gender: femme
Posts: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
I love Crystal Renn's body. She is my favorite plus sized model.


source on pic
thats a plus size??? where?

  Reply With Quote
07-06-2006
  69
tfs star
 
MakeUpJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss artemis
thats a plus size??? where?
She is, but its not noticable. Thats what I love. Its not the first thing you notice, she carries herself well.



__________________
Naomi hit me- and I loved it!
  Reply With Quote
12-07-2006
  70
backstage pass
 
Eurasian Mélange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Japan
Gender: femme
Posts: 829
Why is it that plus-sized models are more common than petite models? It seems like people are beginning to acknowledge that the average Western woman is not a size 0, but they aren't doing the same in regards to height. Statistics have shown that the majority of Western women are 5'4" and under, which means there are a large number of petite women out there. Also, less than 10% of women in the world are born naturally tall and thin enough to be a model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna1576
when it comes down to it clothes do look better on tall people period.
Why do you think that?

  Reply With Quote
12-07-2006
  71
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 546
I think what some people don't get here is that many of us want to see petite model model PETITE SIZES, not regular ones. Therefore, they will be wearing clothes cut in proportion to their bodies. It would be like plus-sized models. There is no issue with the clothes not looking good on them, because they are cut down to fit someone who is shorter. Someone who is 5'9 would look awkward wearing something cut for a woman who is 5'2 or 5'3. The tops would be too short, as would bottoms. Many petite women would like to see more stylish petite sizes, so that they would not have to spend tons of money on alterations.

www.shorty-stories.com

www.petitiononline.com/shortgal/petition.html

__________________
Shorty Stories (petite issues) & Prospere Magazine (business & lifestyle blogzine)

  Reply With Quote
12-07-2006
  72
backstage pass
 
luna1576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange
Why is it that plus-sized models are more common than petite models? It seems like people are beginning to acknowledge that the average Western woman is not a size 0, but they aren't doing the same in regards to height. Statistics have shown that the majority of Western women are 5'4" and under, which means there are a large number of petite women out there. Also, less than 10% of women in the world are born naturally tall and thin enough to be a model.



Why do you think that?
because they just do. I don't think it would be a common requirement for runway/fashion models to be tall if there wasn't a reason. Why would agencies have height requirements? What other reason would designers want tall models if it wasn't because they felt that the clothes looked better on them.

  Reply With Quote
13-07-2006
  73
backstage pass
 
Eurasian Mélange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Japan
Gender: femme
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna1576
because they just do. I don't think it would be a common requirement for runway/fashion models to be tall if there wasn't a reason. Why would agencies have height requirements? What other reason would designers want tall models if it wasn't because they felt that the clothes looked better on them.
But why do you think clothes look better on tall people? I was asking why you think that, not why designers appear to think that.

  Reply With Quote
13-07-2006
  74
front row
 
AriellaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Gender: femme
Posts: 461
^ I think the clothes look more graceful and elegant on tall people.

Sorry to butt in.

  Reply With Quote
13-07-2006
  75
backstage pass
 
luna1576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriellaV
^ I think the clothes look more graceful and elegant on tall people.

Sorry to butt in.
exactly. I've always thought clothes looked most ideal on tall people. They hang better , the construction views better (the lines). Since I've been into fashion and learned to construct garments it's become especially true (imo). I mean i always thought it was kind of obvious but maybe that's just me.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, petite, sized
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.