How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

great news for JOan

13-06-2012
backstage pass

Joan's second Pirelli calender!! Woohoo!!!

29-06-2012
front row

Hanaa Ben Abddesslem will be in it

front row

This is awesome, McCurry's portraits (and all his work in general) are sublime. National Geographic photographer+fashion industry I have so much hope in this.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Photojournalist Steve McCurry Tapped for the 2013 Pirelli Calendar
By Charlotte Cowles

The 40th annual Pirelli calendar has reportedly been shot by photojournalist Steve McCurry, according to Italian newspaper Corriere Della Sera. McCurry is a photojournalist who gained international recognition when, in 1984, he disguised himself in native clothing and sneaked across the Pakistan border into rebel-controlled Afghanistan just before the Russians invaded. He hid rolls of film by sewing them into his clothing, and the images he captured there — including the famous National Geographic cover photo Afghan Girl — won him numerous awards. Needless to say, photographing naked supermodels is a rather different assignment. The shoot reportedly took place in Brazil in May, and Modelinia reports that Karlie Kloss is supposedly included in the 2013 cast.
http://nymag.com

There is only one thing; Joan was in Brasil in June, while Karlie was in may in Rio and for Vogue she went to Bahia.
Don't they usually shoot them together?
I'm not saying Joan isn't in Pirelli (maybe she was shot later for it), only that there are time conflicts, given that Karlie is in Pirelli. That means if they are all shot together at the same time.

Last edited by Forrest; 01-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
01-07-2012
backstage pass

^This was my point earlier in Joan's thread. We al know that Karlie was in Rio for Vogue and no one knows why Joan was in Brazil but she was there in June. All the models are usually together during the time of the shoot so this doesn't really make any sense to me. I want to know if Karlie is actually confirmed for the shoot or did modelinia and "The Cut" jump to that conclusion because they knew she was in Brazil at that time...

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

^Indeed. I guess it's one of the two.

If it's shot in may, Karlie is in it.
Quote:
According to Liquida.it (via The Fashion Spot), photog McCurry said, “I want to portray women who are sexy without being naked.” The shoot had been scheduled for May in Brazil, so the portraits are most likely in the can.
Karlie went twice to Brasil, one time to Rio and the other time to Bahia.
I also want to know if it confired or indeed that Modelinia junp into that conclusion.

Also annoying; some articles are talking about the shoot was in may, others who posted in early june are saying that it's not shot yet. And that could mean Joan (who went later in june to Brasil) is in it and not Karlie.

Last edited by Forrest; 04-07-2012 at 05:54 AM.
04-07-2012
fashion elite

well the time period could be the very end of may and beginning of june ie may 27 to june 4 as an example

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

Well i don't know ofcourse. Since there isn't really any confirmation.
But based on their tweets (and i know that maybe just Joan didn't tweet she went to Brasil in may)

Karlie went to Rio may 17 and was iat home with her sister may 24.
Joan got back june 14 (and in may she was in London, CDFA and new york for snowwhite and early june she went to her family) seems a bit long to me? And don't they usually shoot them all in like a week or max two weeks? i'm not saying it's not possible, cause maybe she wentand just didn't tweet about it but i don't want anyone cheer for nothing cause i know there are a lot of joanfans and there isn't any concrete information.
something just seemed off with the timeconflicts.

ugh i dunnow, maybe karlie isn't even in it and was it shot in june.

Last edited by Forrest; 04-07-2012 at 10:17 AM.
04-07-2012
V.I.P.

i dont think they need to b together, TBH.

tfs star

Steve McCurry is genius. I'm incredibly excited to see this.

V.I.P.

^^ think or hope ?

it's usually all together in a week, but who knows. At least no one is official confirmed as far as we know.

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

i remember reading it too Karl 2 week to b done shooting all the models,i cant think of all the cast been together for 2 weeks
im pretty sure they schedule each different days.

if they are in location it make take longer,i mean 2 week in a studio in locations must take at least 3.
it all depends TBH terry did shoot them all together but the cast wasnt that "A" list.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
i remember reading it too Karl 2 week to b done shooting all the models,i cant think of all the cast been together for 2 weeks
im pretty sure they schedule each different days.

if they are in location it make take longer,i mean 2 week in a studio in locations must take at least 3.
it all depends TBH terry did shoot them all together but the cast wasnt that "A" list.
We simply can't count a model in cause she was in Brasil. Not saying it's not impossible, I just think that we can't stuck on a thought cause one is our fave model.

2012, Mario Sorrenti had a really A list cast and he shot them in Corsica for a 1-2 weeks if I remember correctly.

Last edited by Forrest; 06-07-2012 at 07:42 AM.
06-07-2012
V.I.P.

ETA

Quote:
The images were shot by famed fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti, who spent a week in Corsica working with Kate Moss, Milla Jovovich and other stars to get the sun-soaked result.
carsguide.com

With a very A listed cast with Kate, Lara, Natasha.. So it's make no difference in time to do studio or location unless it's raining, but since Karlie was back after a week, i'm almost sure this was a one week shoot..
i don't mind Karlie and/or Joan and I don't need or want to be right, happy to see them both but to me it doesn't make sence that one was in may and the other in june..

Last edited by Forrest; 06-07-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, allowed, calendar, images, mccurry, pirelli, steve