How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
Polaroid has probably become too expensive since they dont produce them anymore... A pity but must say i like clean digitals better than these fake polaroids that many agencies use (except dna and marilyn...their fake polas can look mesmerizing!)
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't know that, how would you make a fake polaroid?

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

They take normal digitals and drop them into a polaroid frame on the computer, add some light effect... and the perfect fake polaroid is completed...looks very often not so natural.
Posted via Mobile Device

26-03-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
They take normal digitals and drop them into a polaroid frame on the computer, add some light effect... and the perfect fake polaroid is completed...looks very often not so natural.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, I see what you mean. They tend to look like fashion photographs don't they like they don't show the model in natural form but I actually think it helps the agencies and clients to assess the model's potential for a shoot more so than natural ones.. for me I don't think you can imagine the potential from those.

31-03-2012
scenester

Madison is so beautiful!!

You can make fake polas with this: http://www.poladroid.net/ but I am not sure if that is what the agencies are using....

01-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondeandeebowl View Post
Madison is so beautiful!!

You can make fake polas with this: http://www.poladroid.net/ but I am not sure if that is what the agencies are using....
Thanks for the link. I actually really like it, it fascinated me haha. I wonder if agencies would accept polaroids made with this programme for application? I've heard some of them use fake polaroids.

02-04-2012
fashion elite

I have tried the web link! I like it lol But the polas app didn't have any edit features. Is that how's polas working? Sorry i don't know

02-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuchan92 View Post
I have tried the web link! I like it lol But the polas app didn't have any edit features. Is that how's polas working? Sorry i don't know
I think there are no edit features. I think that the polas look good though because they actually look like polaroids other wise if some of them don't appear good then you might have to edit them in Photoshop before putting them into the polaroid maker. One really good feature is that the images are actually a large size.

02-04-2012
front row

Some of the images used by Elite agencies appear professional like done in a studio some how or at least a professional photographer has taken them, they don't look like snap shots at all to me.

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

Tessa @ Ford NY

Ford Models

front row

Interesting the angle these photos are taken from, makes the models look much taller.

19-04-2012
front row

I'd really like to know the purpose in polaroids, they seem to make them occasionally even when a model is already established and has work. Wouldn't clients rather see portfolio and professional work rather than digitals and polaroids. What are your opinions on why they are used please?

19-04-2012
V.I.P.

To show the client what the model looks like au natural (skin body eyes face structure). The average portfolio content oozens with photoshop. Only the real gems look in editorials or other edited pictures equally cool/beautiful as in natural. A nice Set of Polaroids or digitals can be more expressive than entire portfolios, i love them. (check the ones of dna ny, then you know what i mean)
Posted via Mobile Device

19-04-2012
front row

Adriana Lima at Marilyn. Not sure how long ago these were taken but maybe first time I saw them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8Xh3BENjVq455i22dYgCUkRyo1_500.jpg (28.9 KB, 46 views)

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

^ These were taken 2007/08 if I remember correctly. But such gorgeous polaroids.

Morgane @ Dominique Models

(via digitaldiamonds.de)

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...er-174065.html

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

Wow she's stunning.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, polaroids