How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-03-2013
fashion elite

^Would you call Bruna Tenorio or Juana Burga white?

15-03-2013
trendsetter

Did I say they all were? I said a majority. Bruna and Juana are of native descent so obviously that is not white. Hispanic/Latina is just a language group and has absolutely nothing to do with race, same as Arab - it's just a group of people who all speak Arabic. Not a race or ethnic term.

fashion elite

Indigenous and native people can still consider themselves of Latino or Hispanic ethnicity -__- regardless, arab and non-Caucasian Latin models are considered "ethnic" in regard to casting so...

15-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
Indigenous and native people can still consider themselves of Latino or Hispanic ethnicity -__- regardless, arab and non-Caucasian Latin models are considered "ethnic" in regard to casting so...
There is no such thing as a Latin or Hispanic ethnicity. -__-
You aren't even getting the point I am making. I said that the number of white girls is really higher than what the image in 103 said if you take into consideration the Israeli and white girls who are being counted in the Latina group. Which means that they are trying to make casting seem diverse, when they are just using catchy lingo like Latina and counting it as a different race/ethnic group when a lot of those girls are in fact white, which then does not make it a racially diverse cast at all.

You then turn to make it into the non-whites, which was not what I posted. -__-

fashion elite

Quote:
There is no such thing as a Latin or Hispanic ethnicity.
whoa ummm ok clearly we have different ideas of what the meaning of ethnicity is... but i'd just like to add that just because someone of israeli or latin heritage (or any heritage) does not have features "typical" of their background doesn't make them any less israeli or latin

15-03-2013
trendsetter

There are no typical features for a Latin person as I have stated plenty of times Latin is a language term not a racial or ethnic term.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
There are no typical features for a Latin person as I have stated plenty of times Latin is a language term not a racial or ethnic term.
So what ethnicity would you consider a Hispanic person? Certainly not white right? Honest question :/
Posted via Mobile Device

15-03-2013
trendsetter

Yeah you can call some white. A lot of people you call Hispanic are not even ethnically Spanish. There are large populations of German and Italians in countries typical called Hispanic. Anyone of Spanish ethnicity is white. Some countries in Latin America are prominently Caucasian. So it depends on the country and where the models family originates.

front row

^^ anyone of Spanish ethnicity is white?? I learn something new everyday. That's the first time I've ever heard that
Posted via Mobile Device

15-03-2013
trendsetter

Yes people from Spain (Spanish) or of Spanish ethnicity is white as they are Caucasian. In SA there are a lot of different ethnic groups and not everyone in SA is Spanish just because they speak Spanish.

front row

I know that, most people from Spain are white. I thought you meant Hispanics such as Mexico, Guatemala, Cuba, Peru, and other countries in SA. They aren't white
Posted via Mobile Device

15-03-2013
trendsetter

Some of them are yes. Cuba has a majorly ethnically European population. Mexico is more of a Native culture as it has a larger number of Natives. A lot of European immigrants migrated to South American and Central America so yes some people from those countries are white.

But guys none of this has anything to do with the tread and its deviated a lot from what I originally posted anyways. If you have any other comments on what I said please just post it on my wall and I'll be happy to explain anything I said as it is all fact and easily looked up online

Last edited by Simera; 15-03-2013 at 11:51 PM.
15-03-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Yes people from Spain (Spanish) or of Spanish ethnicity is white as they are Caucasian. In SA there are a lot of different ethnic groups and not everyone in SA is Spanish just because they speak Spanish.
So are Portuguese. Indigenous and natives of SA are able to speak Portuguese and Spanish, but they're not white.

15-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsong View Post
So are Portuguese. Indigenous and natives of SA are able to speak Portuguese and Spanish, but they're not white.
I am very aware of this and never said that natives were white.

windowshopping

Quote:
I am very aware of this and never said that natives were white.
Of course. But it's sad to know that people are sticking to what they believe is true while it's actually the opposite.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, diversity, modeling, racial