How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

I literally shrieked when I saw Shena Moulton at CK Resort, lets hope Maida and Rami don't sign their death sentence (created by me), and cast her in the RTW show. Girl fits the damn clothes and the damn brand to a T.

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

has anyone been paying attention to the mens shows? the casting in london is usually diverse for the streetwear brands but everything else is still the same...

22-06-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
I literally shrieked when I saw Shena Moulton at CK Resort, lets hope Maida and Rami don't sign their death sentence (created by me), and cast her in the RTW show. Girl fits the damn clothes and the damn brand to a T.
Exactly!! Shena moulton is SO Calvin Klein it's not even funny. The moment I seen her on saint international's board in Jamaica I knew she was a Calvin girl. Don't know why though. It's unexplainable but she is

22-06-2013
trendsetter

You gotta give credit to Dean & Dan for their all-black cast for their mens campaign.

23-06-2013
front row

An all-black cast isn't diverse though. I hate when the industry does "all-black" or "all-asian" cast, it doesn't really seem like they're trying to move forward, it just seems like a gimmick.

23-06-2013
trendsetter

^Yeah but runway shows & campaigns are always(mostly) all-white. So I really appreciate when they give another race the opportunity. Anyway... you are never gonna make everyone happy, they'll always find something to criticize. .

Last edited by Fernini; 23-06-2013 at 10:35 AM.
23-06-2013
front row

Due to its superficiality, fashion magnifies society's flaws by a factor of 10 when it comes to standards of beauty. What is not acceptable to verbalise is presented front and centre in the fashion industry when it comes race. And because for the most part, they don't have to answer for themselves, centuries of putting white women on a pedestal as the ultimate glorification of beauty continues to go on unabated. So much so that white is the default standard.

And even when the designers, photographers themselves are non-white, they all toe this line.

Last edited by tctra; 23-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.
23-06-2013
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernini View Post
^Yeah but runway shows & campaigns are always(mostly) all-white. So I really appreciate when they give another race the opportunity. Anyway... you are never gonna make everyone happy, they'll always find something to criticize. .
Seriously... because when designers cast only one race that's not white it's obviously just a gimmick and has no relation to the designer's statement or their vision, smh. I mean c'mon, give them their glorious moment.

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

Kudos for Prada... I think this was one of the most (if not, the most) diverse castings I've ever seen from them.

23-06-2013
_____

Great additions at Prada. I certainly hope they aim for consistency.

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

Prada's casting was really wonderful. Especially contrasted with how homogeneous the menswear shows in Europe always are.

It took her a little while, but I think Brokaw is really bringing a new vision to what a Prada girl or boy should look like, and I'm feeling it so far.

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

yeah the women casted in prada's show was refreshing to see.

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

Cast at Prada was really top notch, four female models of color (!!!) pretty amazing if you ask me, would hope to see the same kind of casting for the womenswear RTW show...

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

Prada was indeed great... but I can't help to wonder if it was only because of the collection's mood or they're really embracing diversity.

V.I.P.

would someone name all of the black girls at Prada please. I know of

Binx
Marina Nery
Tamila Naser

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, diversity, modeling, racial