How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-11-2009
rising star

Oh my gosh, i just cant believe it. How sad. R.I.P Kim

21-11-2009
windowshopping

i couldn't believe when i read the news
i am utterly shocked, she's one of the most beautiful faces that has stepped into fashion and now she's gone
R.I.P

21-11-2009
front row

I read in a Danish newspaper, that she was found by her boyfriend. How sad!

scenester

I can't believe this.. Rest in peace, Daul. I will really miss you!

21-11-2009
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvaahall View Post
I read in a Danish newspaper, that she was found by her boyfriend. How sad!
Quote:
It has been reported that Daul's boyfriend, who remains anonymous, was the one who reported the incident to the police, since he found her hanged in her apartment in Paris. Results from the investigation suggest that she committed suicide. Daul's mother flew over to Paris after receiving the unfortunate news. Netizens are speculating that this suicide was caused by the pressures of the fashion industry.
nymag

front row

Utterly tragic. My thoughts and prayers to everyone involved and the whole world...

Below, not all my words but seen elsewhere and also not directed at this awful tragedy, but please I hope some light somewhere may come on now..

"It is not always those that we think are in trouble, not always the quiet recluse or the loud angry drunk. It is not always the poor or rich, the underachiever of over achiever, the abused or confused. It may be, it may not, but sometimes it can be the successful, so apparently happy, wonderful person right next to you.

Just stop for a moment in your busy lives, your own problems, your own happiness, your own worlds and look around, not far but near. Don't assume, don't poke nor prod, don't discuss with others, just think, just think that what you see in people around you may not be what is. Listen, look with such heightened sensitivity that your senses and emotions are stretched taut. Listen between the lines, between the laughs, between the lies, between the truths. Listen and just be there, be there, be there for that person, quietly, an open ear and heart, unconditionally and spend time with thoughts not of yourself."

look around..

21-11-2009
windowshopping

how cud this be??utterly sad...
RIP...daul...

21-11-2009
backstage pass

I love Daul's blog.

I'll link it again

http://iliketoforkmyself.blogspot.com/

And now that the noise has subsided a little-

I'm not going to say Daul was a poet or that in her cultural discernment she made a fine editor. Rather I say her blog showed the way in how a model can take back her identity by owning the means of cultural production. Daul's blog shows what a model can be. If s/he wants.

What do I mean? Well consider how, even in editorials, the norms of the old world print title system (and all the structures clustering around it - the agency system etc) render models voiceless. Just empty vessels, doll-like, to be dressed and presented as the all-knowing editors, art directors, stylists and photographers decree. And oftentimes who in fact on a shoot is the person who actually knows best what's cool - yes, the person conferred the least cultural power amongst the team - the model. But the system renders him/her little more than a mere surface. Daul's blog transcended all that.

If Daul is to have a legacy it should be that a model can be so, so, much more than an empty clotheshorse for dollarpoundeuro. The model blog as radical cultural form. The net is all about cutting out legions of pointless middlemen. Pare down for efficiency. The movement of advertising spend from print titles straight to model blogs. Of course it's all about traffic. But if it's 'now' cultural enlightenment you want, a model blog like Daul's will nourish far more than the purchase of a print title. I for one have stopped buying print titles but I haven't stopped viewing model blogs. Especially those as interesting and thought provoking as Daul's. That's where advertisers will find me. You? Forget old world 'status'. It's all about content. And authenticity.

Someone suggested the industry should do something to mark Daul's passing.
I like the fact that over the last couple of days we have congregated at Daul's blog to pay our respects and understand a little better the beautiful mind of one of history's greatest models. That congregating is enough for me.

Although, of course, let the tributes continue. Many with 2 second attention spans will tweet off to the next piece of undifferentiated 'news'. But others will know: Daul is important.

21-11-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Yeah. There's alot of expectations from celebrities in Korea. Sometimes they even have girls get muscles surgically removed from their calves so they can look more western. It's all f*cked up really.

I just hope Daul's death will open the eyes of society.
This is true. There were Korean celebrities who committed suicide before.

http://blog.mtviggy.com/2009/11/20/i...em-to-suicide/

21-11-2009
backstage pass

Daul? death? what? I can't believe it, i was totally in love with her polaroids and hair no more daul hope you've found peace now darling.

21-11-2009
scenester

i've been playing the song on your blog over and over again, trying to understand how you felt and why it was the only way.
you are special and you will be missed
rest in peace Daul
p.s. i hope we all learn to pay more attention to out loved ones, to love them little more, to give them little more, to hold them little tighter.

21-11-2009
scenester

OMG I can't belive it!!
RIP Daul Kim.

21-11-2009
front row

That's so awful.. Can't believe it, she was amazing.
Rest in Peace.

21-11-2009
V.I.P.

Is anyone living in Korea...what has the reaction and coverage been like? I'm guessing she was a big enough star to warrant lots of attention...?

21-11-2009
windowshopping

Such horrible news, I'm fully shocked, what a tragedy for such a lovable person!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
daul, kim, rip