How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-11-2009
V.I.P.

Maybe the police are investigating the blog, and asked Blogger to close it for some reason Or maybe a friend/bf had the password and closed it for privacy?

Her Seoul agency's website has been down since the news broke.

Last edited by sethii; 23-11-2009 at 03:24 AM.

23-11-2009
trendsetter

Model Liu Wen wrote about Daul on her blog
Quote:
演出结束时,美国的经纪人跟我说:Daul Kim(金多郁)在巴黎自杀了!
之前曾经跟她有过合作。同为东方面孔互相看着都觉得很亲切!
本来以为年轻什么都不怕,忽然已经阴阳两隔,很是悲哀!
愿她一路走好,在天堂中安息!

与Daul Kim合影于2008年美国设计师协会(CFDA)暨《Vogue》时尚基金颁奖典礼-纪念逝去的同行朋友
同时感谢一下关心问候我的朋友们
我会茁壮坚强很好美丽地继续活的好好的。
source blog.sina.com.cn/modelliuwen

on the come up

omg that's what she's called in Chinese? girl even had depression written in her name.
I just bought the new RUSSH...

23-11-2009
V.I.P.

^Can someone PLEASE translate I cant read a thing..

23-11-2009
backstage pass

I really hope that her blog will be only closed temporarily.
Daul had left but we will always have her printworks and her blog to remind us how beautiful a person she was.
Please don't take that away from us too.

23-11-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Can someone PLEASE translate I cant read a thing..
Roughly, it goes somewhat like this. Sorry if my translation skills aren't very good :

"After the VS show, an American agent told me about Daul's suicide in Paris (Daul's translated name in Chinese literally means "lots of sadness").

I had worked with her before. We are both Asians, so I felt pretty close to her.

Before I believed that being young means not fearing anything, but now I see the vulnerability of life. This is very sad.

Rest in Peace.

This is a photo I took with her in 2008 at the CFDA awards.

I also want to thank my friends who have been asking me how I am after this incident. I will continue to live happily."

Last edited by j'adore_couture; 23-11-2009 at 07:17 AM.
23-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Late Model Kim Daul's Battle with Loneliness

Kim Daul
The model Kim Daul was found dead in her apartment in Paris on Thursday last week, after what has now emerged was a long battle with loneliness and depression.

Kim started modeling at the age of 13 and was picked as one of the top 10 models to watch by New York Magazine in 2009. She also won fashion model award at the 2009 Asia Model Festival Awards.

While she was loved and praised by world class designers around the globe, behind the runway, she felt increasingly isolated.

According to the cable channel FashionN, which made a special tribute program to Kim, hers was a lonely struggle in an intensely competitive world. In interviews with FashionN since 2008, Kim said, "I'm always overwhelmed by the tight show schedules. One day I had to run constantly for auditions from 7 a.m. until midnight on a rainy day. The pressure of the runway is quite difficult to deal with."

In an interview on Olive Show, a talk show about fashion and style on the cable channel Olive, Kim also talked about misunderstandings that happened due to her not-so-fluent Korean because she went to elementary and middle school in Singapore, and the trouble she had at the beginning of her career because she was "different." "I was always the troublesome one. Nobody understood me. I was a loner at school," Kim reflected.

But it is unlikely that Kim's confession will be aired. According to a FashionN spokesman, Kim's family wishes to bid farewell to her quietly, so the program might be cancelled.
chosun

Sounds like maybe her parents could be behind her blog being closed.

Last edited by sethii; 23-11-2009 at 07:50 AM.
23-11-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Sounds like maybe her parents could be behind her blog being closed.
Well, if that's her parents' wish, we would certainly respect and understand that.It's just a pity that we are not allowed to read her blog anymore. I, for one, constantly reads it. I just hope that they do not close it, maybe they should be monitoring the comments made.

23-11-2009
V.I.P.

I would be sad that her blog is closed - I felt that her thoughts and musings were her legacy in a way, they showcase what a wonderful, deep and introspective mind she had, and share her often extremely profound and heartbreaking thoughts.

Many times, much of what she wrote resonated with me on the level of poetry and carthasis, it would be a shame for her beautiful words and thoughts to be closed off from the world.

V.I.P.

Her cyworld (korean blog/website) is closed too - I don't understand the message that has replaced it. Something about cleaning up? Removing bad comments?
http://www.cyworld.com/nicoledaul

23-11-2009
V.I.P.

Korean TV report - includes interview with her agents in Paris
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=19720457

23-11-2009
windowshopping

its so awful. she was someone i admired. i wanted her to wear the clothes i design. i imagined to eat cake together or do a funny film together although i didnt know her. i really didnt know her at all.
i was depresed the whole day. but life went on, woke up at 7, went to school, home, ate lunch... i realise that life is so fragile. you live your routine and km away from you there are people dying inside. i feel like ****. i read her blog. the last few days i didnt really... just the entry about what she would have worn spring summer 2010. i wasnt interested in jim rivers. she showed us on the runway what to wear next spring and summer, but she doesnt have another summer.
why couldnt we see it coming? we, who read the blog, saw her dying. we saw her dying process that took years. where is the individual behind the massive amount of media and internet consumption stuck? it seems lost. is your firewall blocking the real person behind the html so we cant see it anymore? or are we just deadend by too many emo kids?
do i feel guilty?no. do i feel nasty, yes, because i justify myself i couldnt have known it and say the hints were clear. **** me, it's too late.

i cant look at her blog anymore. its strange to read the intimate thoughts of a dead person. maybe if some time passes.

23-11-2009
tfs star

Small tribute on Russh magazine's blog:
Quote:

Daul

1989 - 2009

You will be greatly missed.
russhblog.com

23-11-2009
windowshopping

I admired and related to you in so many ways. Your blog meant a lot to me. It really saddens me to think that the I -and so many others- can no longer have that joy. Daul, you were truly the one and only. I will always love you, forever.

23-11-2009
假装不正经

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedIfIWantTo View Post
omg that's what she's called in Chinese? girl even had depression written in her name.
I just bought the new RUSSH...
yes terribly disturbing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
daul, kim, rip