How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratel
"Behind every beautiful thing, there is some kind of pain"

bob dylan
Sad but true, unfortunately.

It reminds me of one of my favourites quotes from Oscar Wilde:
"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic."
They both depict the situation too well; sadly...

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

Today 07.07.2008 Ruslana will be buried on Mitinskoye cemetery in Moscow.
Her mother said: "Daughter loved this city so much...and I think she wished her last refuge will be Moscow. And also friends and her model agency asked about this very much"

In all on a mourning ceremony about 30 persons going are the closest friends of Ruslana, many of which arrived here from Kazakhstan and USA. The mother of Ruslana Valentina could not restrain sobbing, looking on daughter. A girl lay in a coffin, as if asleep beautiful woman, – it is impossible it was to trust that it anymore is not present in living. A wonderful person was framed by long white hairs, seemed, Ruslana simply on a minute ...

Someone from friends put in a coffin two little plush toys which was so loved by Ruslana.

http://www.tden.ru/articles/032563/

07-07-2008
front row

i know this is kinda late but.... R.I.P Ruslana..
have a nice trip to heaven, angel..

trendsetter

I realize that even a successful good looking model, is not always happy. I'm happy I never became a model. It's no fun. I keep thinking, why did she do this?

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

Ruslana

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

kp.ru

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

Ruslana's friends say goodbye to her...so sad..God

kp.ru

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

video is here: http://www.kp.ru/daily/24124/345954/

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

eg.ru

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

Are they pictures from her funeral?? That's beyond being terrible.

Rest in Peace, Ruslana. I'm sending all of my energy and love to your family right now. They need it more than I do. xxXxxXxx

backstage pass

may god bless her soul and gives strength to them who left behind
by the way,is she catholic ?

07-07-2008
fashion insider

I think she belongs to russian Orthodox church

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamoholic View Post
Are they pictures from her funeral?? That's beyond being terrible.

Rest in Peace, Ruslana. I'm sending all of my energy and love to your family right now. They need it more than I do. xxXxxXxx
no...pictures are not from her funeral...they are from the moment she was moved on from new york

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

^ Okay, thank god! Thanks for the info Lanick. xxXxxXxx

clever ain't wise

From the New York Times:

Quote:
Amid Swirl of Speculation, Disbelief From a Mother

The daughter that Valentina Korshunova knew would never have taken her own life.

“She was so full of life; she loved life,” Mrs. Korshunova, 48, said tearfully, speaking through a translator on Thursday at a funeral home in Greenwich Village where her daughter’s wake was held. “She was very strong, even though she looked so fragile. She had stamina, inner strength, and always acted so rationally, so reasonably.”

It had been five days since the body of her daughter, Ruslana Korshunova, a 20-year-old model, had been found in Lower Manhattan, nine stories beneath her apartment. The police said she had jumped. Upon hearing the news, Mrs. Korshunova flew immediately from her native city of Almaty, Kazakhstan, traveling alone because her son, Ruslan, 28, could not get a visa in time.

By the time Mrs. Korshunova’s plane touched down, speculation was raging about what might have caused her daughter to jump. The Daily News reported accounts of Ms. Korshunova’s lovelorn online musings, which hinted at desperation and a sense of being lost.

But Mrs. Korshunova, wearing black and shrouded in a mourning veil, insisted that her daughter was too excited about her future and too full of life to ever have considered ending it. Instead she believed, after speaking to the police, that the facts in the case did not add up and that her daughter, always adventurous, might have been making her way through construction netting to a neighboring balcony and accidentally slipped.
The pair had always been close. Mrs. Korshunova washed her daughter’s Rapunzel-like hair, which brushed her upper thighs, until Ms. Korshunova was 16. They kept in nearly constant touch after Ms. Korshunova left Kazakhstan, at 16, to model in Moscow, then Paris and finally New York, a city she adored. They spoke often.

Before Ms. Korshunova began modeling, she was enrolled in a school for gifted children, her mother said, earning top marks and mastering Kazakh and German. She was known for her kindness, and for being a perfectionist: even after landing a major fashion campaign, she would set her sights on the next big job.

Mrs. Korshunova, who raised both of her children alone after their father died in 1992, last saw her daughter in May, when she was home to renew her passport. Ms. Korshunova was deliberating about whether to go to college, possibly in Moscow or New York, her mother said, and talked about one day becoming a mother.

Mrs. Korshunova said she planned to bury her daughter in Moscow, also a city she loved.
“She was the closest person in the world to me, the most trusted; she would never let me down,” Mrs. Korshunova said. “I was always proud of her. And I’m proud of her today.”

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
korshunova, model, rip, ruslana