How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-02-2012
rising star

Poor Pauline. Suvi and Daria are heros for helping her. Im actually quite angry at what Othilia did.

If i was Suvi or Daria there would be major words taking place backstage with Othilia and what she did. How bloody rude.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownpleasures View Post
I need to see the video of that
me too, can´t believe

29-02-2012
fashion elite

OMGG !! Othilia made the moment even more humiliating for Pauline, maybe she didn't know what do in that moment (she's a newbie too) or maybe she just didn't care and pass by her side, either way that was extremely rude. By the way,

Although i have to recognize it was really funny to see othilia doing that. Even Daria S. and Anna Selezneva were laughing in the line.
And when Suvi grabs her arm, and she trips again, i thought both girls were going to fall together I'm sorry for laughing that must have been a nightmare for Pauline.

Last edited by models_vlada; 29-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.

29-02-2012
backstage pass

From that video, the first time Pauline falls, you can see Othilla tries to somehow want to help her but seeing her got on her feet, Othilla probably only think of closing up the finale gap and went ahead of her (as a newcomer)

While Daria and Suvi know the runway long enough and therefore helping Pauline, it was such a sweet moment to see long-term models helping the newbies. And caught Anna S laughing at the end !

Last edited by Stanley; 29-02-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: error

29-02-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
it was such a sweet moment to see long-term models helping the newbies.
In fact,, now that i've been looking more carefully the video, it seems actually that Daria laughs exaggeratedly to Pauline as a way to calm her down... which it's even more sweet.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Yeah what Othilia did was a bit mean and cold, but in her defence I think she, also being a newbie, got nervous and tried not to leave a huge gap on the line.

Suvi and Daria were truly sweethearts, I think when you're a more mature model you learn that sh*t happen all the time on the runway and it's ok go off the script sometimes. Love that Daria laughed trying to make Pauline a little less nervous.

29-02-2012
tfs star

^Yeah, agreed, this was a top moment of fashion weeks in all its sweetness. I feel sorry for the new girl, hopefully she will recover of this incident, because she is really pretty.

29-02-2012
rising star

I agree with Marc10 ive just watched it again and at one point she does seem like shes going to try and help because its as though she was putting her hand on her to help her up but then she just walked out of the way.

If it was me i probably wouldn't have done that but you cant put yourself in a situation like that unless your in it. Lost of people are watching and all the lights are on you. Therefore when things like that happen, you have to think fast.

Im sure she didnt mean it to look as harsh as it came across.

So i take back my original comment about Othilia to an extent.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfan View Post

If it was me i probably wouldn't have done that but you cant put yourself in a situation like that unless your in it.
I agree. Don't all these Next Topmodel shows always teach us that you have to act like nothing happened when someone falls or loses a shoe so whatever? The other girl probably thought it was best to ignore Pauline's mishap and not make a big fuss so she kept on walking in order not to mess up the finale. I don't think it was necessarily rude or mean of her but it's nice Daria & Suvi decided to help when it got really tragic,lol.

I remember Ana BB did the same when Ana Claudia fell at a show in Brazil. And Ana Claudia sent Ana BB flowers to thank her. So sweet :p

29-02-2012
front row

Poor Pauline! I imagine she was pretty shaken when she got off the runway. And in Othilia's defense, Suvi is more experienced and probably has more confidence in thinking on her feet on the runway, so she realized it wouldn't be that big a deal to help Pauline out like that. A younger model might think it would be inappropriate and just try to make things as normal as possible. On the runway you're quite over-stimulated, especially as a newer model, you don't really think as clearly or in the same way as you would normally.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Yeah, Othilia came off looking very bad in that situation. However, I choose to believe she just wasn't able to think better on the spot. As many have said, she's a newbie herself, and probably got flustered in that moment and didn't know how to react. Aditionally, when Othilia is passing Pauline, it looks like Pauline has recovered from her fall and is back on her feet, so maybe Othilia thought it would be better to not draw any more attention to it and that's why she tried to sort of 'cover' for Pauline.

On the other hand if what Othilia did was realized and intentional, then that's low and girl did wrong.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

i think this is Buzz worthy, not Othilia but Suvi & Daria being real life runway angels.

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

That was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen...and I have watched a lot of shows. Way to go girls....

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
so maybe Othilia thought it would be better to not draw any more attention to it and that's why she tried to sort of 'cover' for Pauline.
I agree with you, You can see in some part of the video that Othlia try to help Pauline, but she recovers and to not draw more attention she goes in the front to cover Pauline. Still, I think Daria and Suvi are angels, especially Suvi
Posted via Mobile Device

01-03-2012
User Friendly

i know this has been analyzed to death, but after watching it over (and after initially thinking Othilia was Naomi Campbell reincarnate lmao), I think that theory makes a LOT of sense. You can see her try and help and then after Pauline recovers she is left walking right next to her (which is awkward) and possibly she looked to the right with her peripheral vision and saw Suvi closed the gap and it would have been awkward for her to step back in line, so she walked faster to go in front of Pauline to make it more seamless.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, mishaps, runway