How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2005
fashion icon

Scandinavia's Next Top Model
The finalists from Sweden, Norway and Denmark will move on to a Final round in New York. The Swedish part with Mini Anden starts tonight.

The Swedish girls
http://www.alltomtv.se/t41828-15-2.html
http://www.topmodel.tv3.se/

Denmark
http://www.topmodel.tv3.dk/

Norway
http://www.topmodel.tv3.no/

16-02-2005
I'll bossanova with you

Top Model Sweden starts in 40 minutes... *waiting*

16-02-2005
fashion icon

^ Do you like any of the Swedish girls, judging by the pics.

16-02-2005
I'll bossanova with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaKorbut
^ Do you like any of the Swedish girls, judging by the pics.
Hmmm... not really, judging from the pics on alltomtv There are some girls I'm curious about though, like Louise, Maria Ö and and Maja (even though she looks like some strange mix of Kate Winslet and Brittany Murphy, and a bit to doll like for my tastes...)

Only 20 minutes left now... I'll give a review after the show!

16-02-2005
front row

To be completely honest, I think many of them have a momish look to them. I don't know about this one. Mini is experienced in this industry, she will show them how it is truly done.

16-02-2005
I'll bossanova with you

So, I just watched the show, and I'm not sure if any of the girls have "it", but I guess they can improve a lot. Plus, we didn't get to see a serious photo shoot of them, just some simple first pictures... However, I do have my opinions.

Paula Quiroga:

Horrible photo imo, and she's not very tall.

Elina Herbeck:

Ok, she's tall, but too commercial looking. Not convincing so far.

Heléne Melin:

Her face is intriguing, and she looked good on tv. Could very well become one of my favourites. Actually, she already is, hehe.

Julia Krischel:

They have to do something about her look. She's blonde in a not so great way. Ehh. Oh, I dunno...

Louise Willenheimer:

One of my favourites. Her tits look strange here, but she's one of the girls I'm looking forward to see more of.

Madelene Lund:

God no! She looks like 25. And that hair! Horrible extensions. I really hope the hair stylist will do some dramatical changes with her, and then we'll see...

Maja Ekberg:

Don't like this photo, because she looks too much like an actress and not like a model, but she does have a beautiful face.

Maria Lager:

Nice skin, so I hope she doesn't overdo it with the fake tan. She's tall and she stands out because of her very special face. Interesting.

Maria Öhrstrand:

Umm, yea, I like her. I hope she can work the camera, because she does have something.

My overall impression is so-so. Some of them look a bit old... Most of the girls were born in 1985 and 1984 I think, but some of them look just as old as me, and I'm turning 23 in April so... Now, of course some of them can surprise, and some of them will be let-downs. It's hard to judge them so early on, but my faves so far, who I have expectations on, are Heléne Melin, Louise Willenheimer, Maja Ekberg, Maria Lager and Maria Öhrstrand. I can't wait to see their first real photo shoot.

Last edited by minasdecobre; 16-02-2005 at 04:06 PM.
16-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by minasdecobre

Ekberg:

Don't like this photo, because she looks too much like an actress and not like a model, but she does have a beautiful face.

Maria Lager:

Nice skin, so I hope she doesn't overdo it with the fake tan. She's tall and she stands out because of her very special face. Interesting.

^They shouldn't be in a modeling competition IMO but I am from the US so it's not for me to judge.

16-02-2005
I'll bossanova with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelgirlie
^They shouldn't be in a modeling competition IMO but I am from the US so it's not for me to judge.
You can judge them as much as you want!! Your opinions counts just as much as mine... well, except that you don't get to see them on tv, just their photos. I like those two girls more than some of the others, but that's just me!

24-02-2005
fashion icon

Norwegian girls:

Swedish girls:

24-02-2005
clever ain't wise

Last night's show convinced me Mini IS indeed the worst host I've ever seen on mainstream tv. She's embarrassing. Also - good lord - the jury.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. They suck - they tell all the girls - even the atrocious Paula - that they are wonderful and they are completely unable to point out the obvious weaknesses (except the suitably neutral topic height). It's just not fun - it's just meek and boring....

My favs are Louise Madeleine and Maja. I agree that Madeleine is too tanned, muscular and bleached BUT I think she has the fire in her eyes that could make a wonderful model. But she needs so much styling.

Least favourite must be Julia - she looks and seems lobotomized with her constant ravings about her great body (not for a model, hun) and her inability to understand that little pretty Julia from god-knows-where is just not the ultimate judge on styling and current hairdos (She's stuck in the 90s - 'my hair has to be flat'-land). Uhhwuh - she's probably one of the most disinteresting people ever on TV.

In general - this show really sucks....and I love ANTM.

24-02-2005
V.I.P.

Om, I wonder why finland isn't in this , because our model search starts tomorrow...

24-02-2005
backstage pass

Who's the host for Norway?
In Denmark it's Anne P, whom I've never really heard of untill now, here's picture of her, maybe some you recognize her?

Of the Swedish girls I think I like this girl's look the best.

backstage pass

Here are the Danish contestants.

Amirah Hamed Alsarrag

Anne Baunbæk Pedersen

Olsen-lookalike!

Cecilie Madsen

Helga Rose

One of my favorites so far.

Malene von der Maase

Out of the competition. Reason, too men's magazine-like.

Nanna Schultz Christensen

Also one of my favorites, special look.

Sophie Tine Schandorff

Another one of my favorites.

Stéphanie Juana Rasmussen

Stine Mangaard Hansen

I like this girl too.

windowshopping

Anne P is soo lovely

Well, I've seen the 2 first episodes of the Danish Topmodel as well, and at the moment some of my favorites from the danish competition would be:

Not the best pictures, but I think each of them have something special.. looking forward to the next photo sessions.

Taking a short look at the norwegian and swedish girls, I'm a bit disappointed about the swedish, however the norwegian surprises me very positive. Overall I must admit they are better than even the danish.

Kine Bakke and Marna Haugen would be my favorites in the Norwegian competition, and in the swedish I think it would be Maria Öhrstrand.

24-02-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana_N
Of the Swedish girls I think I like this girl's look the best.
Another pic of her.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
model, scandinavia