How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2012
TNF
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FashionVictim View Post
I'd like to see more of the models who didn't have sovereign rule over the industry in the 90s; models who were quite obscure, or unknowns.
Do you like this one, 'subtop' model Carine Holties?

(This ad has been scanned by myself, from a Dutch magazine called Yes, from 1994.)

Or this one, Anouk Voorveld, also a Dutch 'subtop' model? O.k., she did Dior, but she wasn't all over the place like Claudia Schiffer and all the others.

(Source: scanned from Dutch magazine Jackie, from 2005, but the pic is originally from 1996. The magazine was looking back on her past.)

Last edited by TNF; 12-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.

12-01-2012
fashion elite

^Yes, exactly what I'm looking for. I knew of Carine Holties but I had never seen Anouk Voorveld until now.

12-01-2012
TNF
front row

I don't know if you are Dutch, but she's called Anouk Smulders nowadays, since she's married (and a tv presenter, here in The Netherlands).

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbuja8910 View Post
Katharine Hamnett 1991: "Weekend in Paris" (1991)
Model: Naomi Campbell
Director: Ellen von Unwerth

julia0808 @ youtube via home.frognet.net/~mcfadden/evu/Ellen_von_Unwerth
OMG This is HILARIOUS!!! I love Naomi!!!

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

One of my favorites Brenda Schad. She's the first full Native American model. She had campaigns with Gucci and Christian Dior.

Brendaschad.org

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

^ Wow! What a beautiful face!!

13-01-2012
hors concours♛

wow she's so beautiful and Native American

trendsetter

She is stunning!

18-01-2012
hors concours♛

An homage to Andy Warhol’s screen tests, 'More Beautiful Women' evolved from Nick Knight's commission to photograph the most famous models of the twentieth century for the Millennium issue of British Vogue. The brief? Simply ask the models to stand in front of the video camera for two minutes until told to stop. These films are the compelling result.

Stephanie

Eva

V.I.P.

Wow! How can anyone be as sexy as Eva is just standing there!!?

26-01-2012
hors concours♛

Men's Health 100 Hottest Women of All Time
http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/...women-all-time

80. Elle MacPherson
You know you’ve made it as a supermodel when your peers nickname you, simply, “The Body.” Not that we can argue with them—for nearly three decades, men have found it impossible to resist MacPherson’s leggy and athletic six-foot frame. The Australian model left her biggest impression on popular culture in the eighties when she appeared on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue a record six times, as well as inside dozens of issues of Elle before marrying (and later divorcing) the magazine’s creative director. While she’s less visible in front of the cameras today, focusing more on her flourishing cosmetics and lingerie businesses, MacPherson still, by some miracle, has managed to maintain her otherworldly physique.

63. Tyra Banks
Before she became a multimedia force of nature with America’s Next Top Model and The Tyra Banks Show, she was Will Smith’s girlfriend on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. She was already on her way then, a gorgeous up-and-coming cover model. She became the first black woman on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue, followed immediately by the cover of the Victoria’s Secret catalog. Along the way she transformed herself into an Oprah-like role model and guru, showing special concern for women and girls with body image issues. Once joking that she had 30 pounds of extra booty compared to other models, Tyra encourages women to find their own standards of beauty. What’s more down-to-earth-sexy than a phenomenally beautiful women who believes everyone can be sexy?

48. Kathy Ireland
When it comes to breathtaking, bikini-clad women, no outlet turns its models into instant celebrities faster than Sports Illustrated. (For further proof, see Brooklyn Decker.) Kathy Ireland featured in the magazine’s much-anticipated franchise 13 years in a row, landing on the cover three times. A recent stint on Dancing with the Stars revived her modeling career, but these days Ireland focuses primarily on her marketing company, Kathy Ireland Worldwide, which makes everything from socks to skincare products. Forbes estimates the company generates at least $1.5 billion in sales every year—of which Ireland gets as much as $15 million.

39. Cindy Crawford
For a long time, supermodels followed a formula: tall, underfed, bleached-blonde, with coffee-straw legs and a blank, mildly intimidating stare. Then along came Cindy Crawford, the world's most unforgettable brown-eyed girl. In the nineties, you couldn't escape her. Besides getting married to Richard Gere, she graced literally hundreds of magazine covers, taking her only flaw—that famous upper-lip mole—and turning it into her most recognizable signature. Crawford combined confidence with a sharp intellect—she’s a former high school valedictorian—and showed a savvy for making risky, but profitable career moves. In 1998, for example, she spurned the advice of her managers and posed nude for Playboy—a full 10 years after her first shoot with the magazine. And in 2011, at age 45, we’d still encourage a third act.

37. Claudia Schiffer
It must be encouraging when legendary fashion designers like Karl Lagerfeld brand you as the “new” Brigitte Bardot—the renowned French model and actress. The German-born Schiffer premiered as the face of Guess Jeans in 1989 and later signed on with companies like Chanel and Revlon. Her iconic face—long blonde hair, perfect white skin, radiant smile—dominated the newsstands through the ’90, appearing, by some estimates, on more than 500 magazine covers.

16. Christie Brinkley
Blonde-haired, blue-eyed, All-American babe Christie Brinkley was nearly inescapable in the eighties and nineties. Now in her fifties, Brinkley still models cosmetics, but the clothes stay on—mostly. Meanwhile, her run in professional modeling remains nearly unparalleled: Brinkley was featured on more than 500 magazine covers over the span of her career, ranging from Vogue to Glamour to LIFE, and her three-year-streak as the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover girl is matched only by Elle Macpherson.

V.I.P.

Linda, Christy and Naomi

tumblr.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Linda, Christy and Naomi.jpg (57.2 KB, 5 views)

V.I.P.

Thierry Mugler Collection SS 1991
Attached Images
File Type: gif 01.gif (310.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: gif 02.gif (481.0 KB, 129 views)
File Type: gif 03.gif (302.6 KB, 130 views)
File Type: gif 04.gif (385.1 KB, 128 views)

front row

Heather Stewart Whyte
Heather Stewart Whyte modeling for Victoria Secret from the early to mid 1990s. Images from UsenetBianaries.com

28-01-2012
front row

Heather Stewart Whyte
Heather Stewart Whyte modeling for Victoria Secret from the early to mid 1990s. Images from UsenetBianaries.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, 90s, supermodels, tribute