Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #10 - *Please see first post before posting* - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Omg.. Vanessa Moody didn't get a visa too!

V.I.P.

Eek. Thats the only girl we dont know is walking the mainline or PINK, I believe. Shes gorgeous as well but doesnt perform very well on the runway last time I checked Wasnt someone on this thread calling her Boring Moody?

Regardless, I feel horrible for her as well, working so hard to finally get this show and having the joy of being confirmed for the show and not getting a visa for the biggest show of your life.

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

What?! But Vanessa Moody is American, she shouldn't be in trouble with visa issues?

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I hope is another rumor.

fashion elite

I think Vanessa is just a rumor. So sad about Kate not being there though. Is it a coincidence that Jourdan and Lily D. are in Asia?

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

^Indeed, this is weird. But I can't believe Jourdan Dunn would be the spare wheel.

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

If it is confirmed that Vanessa will still go, then Ill change the list and add her back in. Jourdan and Lily D werent spotted at fittings though... it would be really weird if they were the replacements.

5 Days Ago
backstage pass

I think itís more likely they just give some lucky already cast girls two outfits. (In a dream world they would give the Angels 3 but alas.)

5 Days Ago
front row

omg I wonder how this visa issue is gonna be resolved.

poor Kate! She's always one of the best walkers of the show!

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Thatís whatís going to happen itís already to late to Cast new girls and get them Visa I think

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Ed posted a pic of the set at Shanghai, can someone post it (whether it be on the Fashion Show thread or this one)? postimg is giving me broken links right now.

4 Days Ago
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Didn√ɬā√ā¬ít Lais wear the FB last year???
this is both embarrassing and shameful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armani View Post
Lais has a lot more privilege (? probably not the best word usage) in this case...Lais has been working with the brand since 2010, which gives her more experience, not to mention VS ADORED her since the beginning. Sure, nowadays she's pushed under the rug, but her getting the FB - and one of the most beautiful ones - is a sign that maybe they aren't trying to diminish her presence.
what are you even talking about? i don't know how someone who has 'black models matter' and 'vs lover' in their signature could even say that. i don't get how you don't see the substandard treatment jas and lais receive compared to their (unexceptional) peers.

neither lais, not jasmine, have any real privilege with vs. as a matter of fact, the only black model who's had privilege with the brand is probably tyra? i don't know for sure since i wasn't following them then. every other black spokeswoman (selita, chanel, lais and jas) were/are treated relatively poorly by vs.

lais did start with vs in 2010 but jas started the next year. and while everyone's mediocre fave elsa was stuck in pink hell in 2011, jas was shooting mainline and so much more with the brand that her contributions to the brand are quite evident in the intro videos they created back when all the new angels were first introduced. youtube it. jas' contributions stand out in stark contrast to everyone else who had a vid, with lais' vid coming in second.

-jas has had a solo commercial for the 'scandalous' fragrance that i think was nationally televised?
-she's had 2 fragrance campaigns (way less than the other models but i think she and lais are the same on that? based on mdc).
-jas' had (1) solo event/meet and greet (again way less than she deserves compared to other models who haven't accomplished as much) but more than lais and she's also had more multi-girl store events/press events
-she's a regular for both mainline campaigns, the boring catalog shots, vs sport and for swim when they had it
-jas was featured in the first swim special (lais wasn't) and was featured for like 10 seconds in the 2nd (and lais was probably featured for like 5 secs)
-she's shot 2 tv appearances for them - hawaii 5-0 with behati (and she wasn't even an angel then - why didn't lais get that) and life in pieces last year
-she was the first of the new angels to get the fantasy bra (and was the most deserving based on everything above/the intro video)

and vs still didn't give jas her proper moment to shine during last yrs broadcast to millions but wanted to prop up far less talented 'models'

this is not to pick on lais. quite the contrary, lais deserves a solo campaign and commercial just like jas. they both deserve more. i'd love for jais to have a commercial, just them, but vs just started shooting them together (and actually releasing the material) this year, so i doubt that's going to ever happen. but they'll put 3 blonds in the same commercial and won't think twice about it

so if vs wouldn't give jas a big moment last yr (both by taking away her closing and not giving her a video segment) what makes you think lais is going to get treated any differently? it's honestly a miracle that lais even has the fb, if we're being completely honest.

i can't see the future but i'm not holding my breath on any special treatment for lais. you can think differently but as for me, i'm lowering my expectations accordingly.

4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

^ Thats why I said ďprivilegeĒ wasnt the best word usage in this instance. I shouldve said more experience with the brand, the bridge between Veteran and New Angel, etc. As you can tell, I still cant find the proper term of what to call it. In 2010-11 Lais was loved by the team and treated like an Angel already, so we all thought she would be a part of the 2012-2013 era of Angels, but alas...

Its painfully obvious that VS only uses their black angels for a bit of added diversity (LITERALLY the bare minimum, too). Itís no coincidence that Josephine, Elsa and Stella are used for pretty much every job VS does while Lais and Jas are criminally underrated and pushed under the rug until its time for the FB. Notice how VS used the same method with Selita?

Lais was one of VSí favorites in the beginning of her work with VS, thatís undeniable IMO. But its also undeniable that she was the poster child for diversity in the era she first started working for them and only became an Angel when the Angel lineup was all white. Same with Jas.

I would assume Lais would open Goddesses or maybe close rather than Jas not just because shes been working longer, and not just because she was one of the teams favorites when she started out, but also because, unlike Jasí segment, Bright Night Angel, where a lot of Angels walked the segment, if the segments board is still in the same order, the segment Lais is walking (Goddesses) and Punk Angel (9 angels walking) are right next to eachother on the board, so therefore a maximum of 5 Angels will walk the Goddesses segment, if Im not mistaken.

Your point still stands, obviously. Jas is getting lots of work with VS, but only now. On the other hand, Lais got lots of work back when she first started, but it for some reason decreased when she became an Angel. It was a shocker to I think all of us to see someone so oddly treated by the brand to get the FB, but shes so incredibly deserving. I guess weíll see if she opens the segment or not, as always (if she doesnt, and i felt the same way with Jas, theyre REALLY trying it. Didnt Lily and Marisa open their segments? In those horrible ensembles, and in Marisas third show? LMAO. Interesting.)

Last edited by Armani; 4 Days Ago at 04:14 PM.
4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

^ EDIT that i couldnt do because i passed the 10 min mark lmao: Maximum of 4* Angels because I counted Behati. And I doubt the maximum will be reached either, probably 2-3 in Goddesses and 1-2 in the segment before Goddesses.

1 Day Ago
windowshopping

Six models that were confirmed and went to fittings arenít walking.
1) Kate Grigorieva
2) Irina Sharipova
3) Julia Belyakova
4) Dasha Khlystun
5) Mayowa Nicholas
6) Gigi Hadid
This is beyond embarrassing. 3 of them are newcomers and are probably heartbroken.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#10, #9, 10, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria