Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #10 - *Please see first post before posting* - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-11-2017
Automated Thread Manager

Aside from the fashion show, use this thread as an opportunity for any and all VS news throughout the year!

Moderator Reminder:Thread Rules:
1. No model bashing.
2. Negative opinions about models are allowed, but you must back up any negative opinion with precise facts about why you feel that way.
3. State that opinion only once, then move on ... do not mention it again.
4. All other tFS apply as usual, please keep in mind that just because this is the Victoria's Secret Thread does not mean that weight talk in any way/shape/form is allowed.
This thread was created to be a discussion thread. Multiple posts of an individual model in the same outfit should be reserved for the models' own threads.

Thank You

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Last edited by pellucid; 01-11-2017 at 06:28 PM.
01-11-2017
front row

I'm so agree with you guys and can't be more than happy for her she's been working for VS for so long and that bra is gorgeous and it's funbny because it's not the most expensive one but one of the prettiest ! VS please stick to that way

Now I just hope Lais won't be too nervous and will kill it on the catwalk ! I want to see an iconic moment :)

01-11-2017
V.I.P.

Congratulations Lais!!!! She really fits the "Goddess" description perfectly and this is one of the most beautiful Fantasy Bras ever, in my opinion. It looks stunning on her!

Really happy that she'll get her moment. I hope she brings her A-Game and sets the stage on fire!

V.I.P.

VS uploaded a video of the Fantasy Bra, it is called the Champagne Nights Fantasy Bra.

01-11-2017
V.I.P.

credit: vsfsupdates on Instagram
I love how shes wearing the FB during press day instead of having a mannequin next to her like usual!

01-11-2017
fashion insider

Lais is so stunning. Happy for her.

01-11-2017
V.I.P.

Agreed! ^ BTW, Im almost positive Lais will open the Goddesses segment. Punk Angel is right next to the Goddesses segment in the current segment order, and of course thats the Balmain X VS segment, so majority of the Angels will walk Punk Angel rather than Goddesses. That gives Lais a much greater chance of opening than being the third model in line like Ale and Jasmine.

01-11-2017
tfs star

I HOPE that they make a big deal out of the Fantasy Bra during the show like they used to.. not this "oh Fantasy Bra" .02 seconds before the girl walks on stage (snubbing my girl Jasmine with that 10 seconds of camera time last year but you want to give the insta girls a whole 2 minutes of their walks). Sometimes you can't even tell the Fantasy Bra apart from other segments since everything's a bedazzled mess.
I'm really happy for Lais, she deserves it!

01-11-2017
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armani View Post
Agreed! ^ BTW, Im almost positive Lais will open the Goddesses segment.
not saying it's impossible, but that's unlikely. if they gave jas' closing away last year because she had the fb so one of their other 80 million angels could have something special and they have 80 mil + 1 w/ candice back this year, they have the same number of special things to distribute w/ more angels. so probably not happening. lais w/ the fb still gets more than sara, martha, romee... elsa ever will so this is still big for lais.

it's wild that a company that's been all about upholding the white, blonde hair and blue eye standard of beauty for years gave their biggest prize to 2 black women in a row. performative wokeness is truly the trend of their year

let's see if it continues and jas gets to open the show in the nomad segment. the nomad segment is the most likely to open the show because it's the colorful one, colorful segments have opened the show in the past and they're out of original ideas at vs. i don't want jas to open the 'african inspired' section but if they have candice open, bs, i mean vs is opening themselves up for a sh*tstorm of bad press...

01-11-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberchild View Post
not saying it's impossible, but that's unlikely. if they gave jas' closing away last year because she had the fb so one of their other 80 million angels could have something special and they have 80 mil + 1 w/ candice back this year, they have the same number of special things to distribute w/ more angels. so probably not happening. lais w/ the fb still gets more than sara, martha, romee... elsa ever will so this is still big for lais.
We don't know until the show, but keep in mind almost every angel walked the Bright Night Angel segment last year, and Jas was originally planned to close the show. Lais has a lot more privilege (? probably not the best word usage) in this case: first of all, her segment probably will have 5 Angels walking MAX, because the others are shoved in the Balmain segment. Lais has been working with the brand since 2010, which gives her more experience, not to mention VS ADORED her since the beginning. Sure, nowadays she's pushed under the rug, but her getting the FB - and one of the most beautiful ones - is a sign that maybe they aren't trying to diminish her presence.

NEW CHAMPAGNE NIGHTS FB VIDEO:

02-11-2017
V.I.P.

I'm not sure those wings fit the FB, though. Kind of want it without the wings.

02-11-2017
V.I.P.

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 01: Victoria's Secret Angel Lais Ribeiro reveals the 2017 Champagne Nights Fantasy Bra and new fragrance Bombshell Nights at Victoria's Secret, Fifth Ave on November 1, 2017 in New York City.

getty

V.I.P.

More :

getty

V.I.P.

I can't get over how stunning she looks. Her body is to die for in the new Champaign Nights video.

I like the outfit she wore at the presentation. It's basic and not over the top. Chic enough to reveal this magnificient Fantasy Bra. I'm also glad to see that everyone on the forums seems to agree on the choice of Lais and the FB itself. It's a good feeling.

trendsetter

My God, she looked so stunning at the press event! she's radiant, I love her spark. I'm so happy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#10, #9, 10, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria