How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

I like the length and volume of the skirt because it kind of prevents her from looking too cheap while doing her stupid poses but it's an ugly dress nonetheless. The whole styling is too kitschy anyway. Getting a bit tired of Candice, tbh. She's sweet and sexy but way too into herself, it seems.

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

I like the structure of the dress too, but not the print. It looks like someone threw up on her.

19-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I like the length and volume of the skirt because it kind of prevents her from looking too cheap while doing her stupid poses but it's an ugly dress nonetheless. The whole styling is too kitschy anyway. Getting a bit tired of Candice, tbh. She's sweet and sexy but way too into herself, it seems.
Thank God you said it before me. I think that dress makes her look shorter. She looks pretty though
Posted via Mobile Device

19-07-2011
fashion elite

Candice looks a stunner there! Perfect for the summer!

19-07-2011
front row

I don't see anything wrong into been into yourself as long as you don't talk about yourself all day. You can touch and pose in the mirror all day its your life and you.

19-07-2011
tfs star

VSFS is trying really hard to make Candice the next Gisele...I still adore Gisele for VSFS...

20-07-2011
fashion icon

Candice looks like a Stepford Wife. I mean, who styles these girls for events? On the red carpet, they either look like OC Housewives or Rock of Love contestants.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

Candice's personal style is such a hippie/beach babe too, so when she goes for a style like that it seems off for her.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturecandystor View Post
Everyone keeps mentioning the VSFS. Yes, its a huge event, but it's just one of many for the Angels throughout the year. Maryna might be able to rock the fashion show, but at this point (based on the VS Swim BTS video) I question her ability to go out there and speak to the media, discussing + promoting a product at an in-store launch, as well as, say, Erin or Lily.
Co-sign 100% about noting that the VSFS is just one event and is not the only determinant of who is or isn't an angel and may not even be a major factor at all. Perhaps I am not being objective because I Maryna, and while she may not be the bestest spokesmodel, she does have charisma and presence. Her fluency in English is a minor hiccup but if you look at video of Heidi from her early days at VS and Sports Illustrated, she had not fully mastered the language either but her personality came through. My observation about Maryna, which could be totally wrong, is that she can be kinda prickly at times which is not a showstopper in my book, it just may not fit in with VS' nicey-nice girl image these days. I guess it depends on who she is at her core if she is fundamentally nice, professional, takes the job and the products seriously and can get along with different types of people, at least superficially, then I can see her hacking it as an angel.

Last edited by agee; 20-07-2011 at 06:37 AM.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

According to Tweets and whatnot from Ale and Erin, VS is shooting in the Utah Salt Flat. I don't think that this is one of their usual locations and for whatever reason I am excited about seeing the results.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

I bet Kanye is the performer this year. He dropped by yesterday according to Russell's Twitter, and wasn't he supposed to perform in 2007?

Last edited by vivaglam; 20-07-2011 at 05:46 PM.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

^Yep but then his mother died so he canceled. Also i was watching candice's interview on good day la and it seems that they showed some behind the scenes clips of the new show stopper commercial but i'm not sure.
It is around the 2:10 mark

Last edited by Lovemusic22; 20-07-2011 at 05:51 PM.

20-07-2011
backstage pass

If they're gonna hire a female artist too, I suggest they Choose Beyonce, she'd be perfect for the job. And imagine what that can do to the ratings
Posted via Mobile Device

20-07-2011
fashion elite

Hmmm a "militant" or "world" inspired theme and Beyonce singing "Run The World"..... It would be great but Beyonce would overshadow them like crazy.

I can just see it on the news "Beyonce and the VS Angels on the catwalk at the annual VSFS!", great for the ratings but I don't know if they would actually put that much attention on the female artist.... they kind of already did with Katy so it's possible.

If that did happen and she did sing "Run The World" I would anticipate some mean struts and walks from every model during that segment, there's no reason for them not to.

20-07-2011
fashion elite

BTW, when is the holiday commercial being shot?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria