How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-12-2011
backstage pass

Adriana and Lais are mostly flat-footed while Erin has her knee really bent which is going to make her seem shorter. Miranda's on her tiptoes.

That other picture was definitely photoshopped, but I don't think they put one angel's head on another one's body.

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

i dont like Lais either,but its definitely a better option than chanel. but there are still better options.
Joan n Arlenis will be perfect. Body,face,speach they are the whole thing IMO!

23-12-2011
tfs star

I think we can agree though that part of what makes Lais appealing is that she is STRIKING. Like whenever I look at her I see such an exotic beauty, even if she isn't 'pretty' to everyone's definition. But you can't help but notice her. She's unique. No one looks like Lais.

Anyway, when was the last time VS signed a truly striking girl? Erin? nope. Lily, Chanel, Lindsay? nope. Candice and Doutzen were the last ones. The angels of the past were all very striking women.

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

Lais is pretty. But I don't see "striking unique beauty" there. Boring. Gets lost among other vs models.

Candice and Rosie I'd say were "the last striking".

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

I think that Lais is pretty / beautiful, but just like Erin and Lindsay fit the ubiquitous blonde category, Lais fits into the ubiquitous light brown-skinned / mixed race category of models. I am not saying it in a bad way because a model can rise above it and become the go-to girl in her category like Erin has, but looks wise, Lais is not all that distinct from Gracie, Joan and Emanuela and to a lesser degree Jasmine, Cris and Chanel.

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post

Anyway, when was the last time VS signed a truly striking girl? Erin? nope. Lily, Chanel, Lindsay? nope. Candice and Doutzen were the last ones. The angels of the past were all very striking women.
that's a great point, Gabriel! think about Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, KK, Adriana and Ale. all of those women have distinct, instantly recognizeable features. they're striking, even if they're not to everyone's preference.

Rosie and Candice were the last ones, imo. and actually, they can quite resemble each other sometimes. there are a couple shots in Candice's latest Harper's Spain editorial that i thought bore an uncanny resemblance to Rosie.

Doutzen and Miranda are definitely beautiful enough to be recognizeable. but they both have very soft features. and when you've got them beside Candice, Adriana and Erin .. it's all just too pillowy. lol.

23-12-2011
windowshopping

Yes, you are right, but on the other hand Heidi has really soft features too. Small nose, really small mouth ecc.
And of course Erin, in my opinion she has very unrecognizeable, soft, 'pillowy' features, she looks like lots of girls that I know. I like her though .

23-12-2011
front row

Well, I don't dislike Lais, I think she has her appeal and all that. But when it comes to choosing between her and Joan, I'll ALWAYS stick with Joan. This girls is puuure sex appeal! I think she has everything going on for VS and I'd really like to see more of her there. At the same time, taking what Gabriel29 said, VS really hasn't signed with any striking beauties lately. I mean, I like most of the girls there nowadays, but it's not even fair to compare them to the 2005 era. VS has definately changed their 'type' of girls, IMO.

23-12-2011
backstage pass

What about Lais, I've never liked her but at the same time I think nowadays VS girls shouldn't be compared, they all are very different with different body-types. IMO VS just wants to show everyone that their lengerie can fit anyone.

#115, there is smth wrong with Erin's legs. And I'm not a fan of Erin's abdomen, it looks too photoshoped and a bit weird and besides that she's the only one on that pic who doesn't have a child and she doesn't even look the best(I'm talking about the belly area).

Last edited by Niusity; 23-12-2011 at 06:08 PM.

24-12-2011
front row

I see Lais has taken Chanel's place (which used to be Selita's) as the next unworthy ethnic VS Angel. I noticed that the ones that prop Karlie up as the new standard for an Angel because of her thin body, are the same ones putting down Lais and Chanel for their thiness.

24-12-2011
fashion elite

I think there would be room for both Joan & Lais. They have different skin tones, & Joan is much more spicy, while Lais is much more sweet. I don't think Lais has been given the proper chance to be judged as an "official angel" just yet. We have never seen her give a full interview promoting VS. This is a key determinant on what makes a good angel.

24-12-2011
rising star

I think Lais, Chanel Lindsay and Karlie all fit in the same mould of not having the right body for VS, all are too thin! Chanel is trying to fill out but it seems VS are over her. Karlie needs to develop more to be a lingerie model despite being an amazing spokesperson. Joan would've been perfect instead of Lais and as for Lindsay, Erin's body wipes the floor with hers!

24-12-2011
fashion elite

Why are you guys talking about Joan like she's an option? Nowadays you either have a cosmetics contract or VS... not both. When her contract is up/up for renewal then she's in the running. I like both Lais and Chanel for the brand but I obviously have a massive bias.

24-12-2011
V.I.P.

^Doutzen has Loreal and Adriana had Maybelline..

24-12-2011
backstage pass

I'd love to see Emanuela de Paula as an angel, not Chanel and not Lais.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria