How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-12-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Doutzen has Loreal and Adriana had Maybelline..

but didn't adriana eventually have to give up Maybelline for VS?
(i think around when she became main angel and had to represent ALL VS lines?)

i think its fine to have both if the individual contract stipulates that they don't represent VS beauty

24-12-2011
V.I.P.

^Her Maybelline contract was up and apparently according to those Adriana insiders , she chose to sign with VS beauty instead of Maybelline.

24-12-2011
V.I.P.

Yes, her Maybelline contract was up and she chose to sign with VS Beauty which offered her more money. She was like the only Angel who hadn't been doing VS Beauty before that because of Maybelline.

25-12-2011
backstage pass

^ oh ok thanks for that.

well still the same applies, you can do both if your VS contract doesn't include beauty and if your cosmetics contract allows it.

26-12-2011
fashion icon

I'm kind of skeptical as to whether EL would allow Joan to do VS. Both companies are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, as far as clientele. EL is a luxury label that caters to women with $$$, while VS is an affordable, more inviting label. IDK if EL would want to get the image of their brand muddled with a popular VS model. I hope I'm wrong, but IDK if a model can have both.

26-12-2011
V.I.P.

^ IMO Estee Lauder is not mass market like CoverGirl and Maybelline but it is not luxurious either. Estee Lauder is in most major department stores and it is actually easier for me to access EL products than VS. VS sells $10 bottles of body spray aimed at the PINK crowd, but both VS and EL sell higher priced scents as well. Plenty of middle class people buy Estee Lauder products and I don't think that it is considered a major splurge to do so.

Re Joan and VS, I don't know how restrictive EL's contracts are and if it is if the motive has to do with EL not wanting their image "tarnished" by one of their models being associated with VS, if that were the case they would not be walking the show - working for both companies is obviously allowed up to a point because Constance, Joan and Liu have all walked the show and Hilary Rhoda and Joan have done print work for VS. I can see in theory a company wanting to have a face be seen as only their face, this seems to be the case with Ralph Lauren and Valentina and the companies who do this tend to pay very well for that exclusivity, I can see that being done by EL with Constance, who is the face of Beautiful, more than with EL's other newer contract models. Overall I don't know if this is even a common problem, I can only see it being a problem if VS or even H&M wanted a model to front their product / campaign including on TV spots at the same time EL or other cosmetics brand wanted feature that same model in commercials and signage.

Last edited by agee; 26-12-2011 at 08:51 AM.

27-12-2011
front row

Exactly why would a Beauty company limit Joan when it comes to modeling Lingerie/Clothes? EL isn't all that luxury, if you want luxury beauty products you go & get Chanel, Dior & all the fancy stuff

It's been done already, Doutzen is doing L'Oreal AND VS & Dri did VS & Maybelline the only reason she quit on Maybelline was because VS was offering more money. So i don't see why Joan would be limited by EL, or Constance & Liu for that matter, especially because like agee said they all worked with VS already

27-12-2011
fashion elite

I thought that because of VS beauty none of the current angels were allowed to have beauty contracts. I had forgotten about Doutzen but does she still do L'Oreal beauty?.. Or is she more linked with the hair products?

27-12-2011
tfs star

So now that Ale is pregnant (again), do you think her chances of getting the Fantasy Bra this year will increase? The baby will be born around the time it is to be photographed so then Ale could talk about how she worked so hard to loose the baby weight, what's it like to be another mama, etc. In other words, PRESS haha

27-12-2011
fashion insider

More importantly her boobs will be huge by then

27-12-2011
front row

OMG, is she pregnant again???
Well, that may help her getting the Fantasy Bra... I'm not a fan of hers as I used to be, but it's about time she wears this damn bra! Hahaha

27-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsnoop2 View Post
More importantly her boobs will be huge by then
LOL I just realized this reason! Just another one to add to the list I guess. If her boobs are gonna be anything like Miranda's she will be a shoo in for it.

28-12-2011
tfs star

I doubt she'll get it. I say this because they shoot the bra in July or late June and they'll need to plan ahead of time at least an idea of the size and etc if Ale gives birth in May/June she won't have more than a month to get back to her pre-pregnancy look so I doubt it.

28-12-2011
fashion icon

I hope they give the FB to Doutzen. She needs the exposure right now.

28-12-2011
front row

I think it's pretty obvious that the FB will be going to Candice next year. With each year more and more focus is going towards the newer angels, so if Alessandra hasn't had the bra yet, I don't think she will anytime soon.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria