How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-12-2011
front row

Maybe I missunderstand you nightclubbing, but IMO if you can both have a baby and a career, why would you chose? I don't see why caring about your job make you less of a (good) mother. They just organize their life so they can have both. If they were caring about their career more than about their family, they wouldn't have children at all during the time they can work. (I mean, to get back to VS, they will miss a lot of events and photoshoots).

In any case, I'm pretty sure that this won't harm their career at VS at all. (It can even be good! Look at Miranda and Adriana by example...). Except for the events, I don't think they'll totally disapear at VS. Can anyone remember what happened with Miranda when she was pregnant last year? Lots of pictures for next summer have already been taken right?

And after the bride lingerie line, why not a pregnancy line?

29-12-2011
trendsetter

You're definitely misunderstanding me. I'm not saying that you can have only one or the other, or that Ale is a bad mother. I will say that Alessandra ain't letting no pregnancy or an additional child stop her from attending events, parties and other things. Didn't before, second time around it'll be the same routine.

30-12-2011
V.I.P.

^I agree, and not because I think Ale is a bad mother

I think she just has more of a hippie mentality to life - not a bad thing either!

especially since her partner/husband seems to be cool with her being the bread-winner and him taking care of the kids

30-12-2011
tfs star

I guess what I meant when I said I wonder bow this will change things, is that the last time two angels were pregnant, other girls stepped in to do events and stuff like that. Just wondering who will be given those opportunities once it gets to that point.

30-12-2011
front row

With two brunettes being pregnant i guess Adriana & Miranda will be the two stepping in for Alessandra & Lily because all the other girls are blondes (except for Behati but she never does mainline) & VS always does black+blonde+brunette thing in their campaigns so my guess is that those two girls will be the ones getting more work than what they usually do

30-12-2011
front row

That would be the perfect moment to give Behati the chance to work for the mainline, but I don't expect VS to do so.

30-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
I guess what I meant when I said I wonder bow this will change things, is that the last time two angels were pregnant, other girls stepped in to do events and stuff like that. Just wondering who will be given those opportunities once it gets to that point.
Lol trust me with 10+ 'angels' there are plenty of girls left. These aren't the days where only 5 angels were working for the company.

I think this is good because it will give other girls a chance to shine. I hope Behati kinda takes Lily's place as the 'relatable' angel.

30-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
Lol trust me with 10+ 'angels' there are plenty of girls left. These aren't the days where only 5 angels were working for the company.
True, LOL.

31-12-2011
rising star

Behati would be MUCH better than Lily!! fingers crossed

04-01-2012
fashion icon

Is Lais an angel yet? Maybe now that 2 angels are pregnant she will get a contract

04-01-2012
V.I.P.

^^Considering her "vs angel potential" - I dont think she is the right fit for this kind of contract for many reasons that already had been stated here many times by different members.

04-01-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
Is Lais an angel yet? Maybe now that 2 angels are pregnant she will get a contract
My guesses just as good as your's, but I think she is probably an angel now. She is doing more work than Chanel Iman, was on the opening credits, & is in that commercial that featured only angels.

04-01-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledinosaurxo View Post
At this point, time will tell. Nothing is set in stone.

04-01-2012
V.I.P.

Adriana was supposedly on ET talking about the Swim catalogue. I missed it, but people on Twitter are talking about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

It looks like Greg Kadel is shooting for VS, or I should say is shooting again for VS because IIRC he used to shoot for VS a while back.

From Elle Magazine via michelabella
Quote:
Candice Swanepoel’s starting off 2012 on the cover of the Victoria’s Secret Swimsuit catalog. Greg Kadel shot Swanepoel and her fellow angels, including Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio and Lily Aldridge, on the beaches of Bora Bora—though this year’s swimsuit collection was inspired by the beaches of Brazil (lest there be any confusion!). Swanepoel, who’s been an angel for five years now, said landing the cover’s quite an honor, “[I] always look forward to getting the catalogue in my mailbox every year!” We’ve scored a behind the scenes look at the making of the catalog—it features lots of writhing around in the sand and a few sparkly bikinis. Click through to watch (and beware, your winter blues will only worsen).

youtube / VICTORIASSECRET via michelabella

Swim 2012 cover

victoriassecret via Lovemusic22

Last edited by agee; 05-01-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria